The Audio Lounge
Jul 21, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #9,212 of 36,133
I've tried so many different IEM's in the past, but what the T12U does, is polarize you in a very good way. You just have to start drifting into the music because there is just so much detail which takes you into this amazing atmosphere. Everything I throw at them sounds amazing. Every instrument, vocal, cymbal, hi-hat, bassline, kick has its own place with a lot of air/blackness around it. Knowing that the Low - Mid and High frequencies are handled by 4 BAs each, is freaking cool. Even in very busy tracks, you're able to clearly pick out everything which is going on, makes you feel your brain is on overdrive at times. :)

Also a big thanks to Gareth, the owner of Hisenior. One of the friendliest guy I've had the chance to chat with. He answered everything I threw at him in a very detailed way and this also made me want to try the T12U, because there seemed to be a lot of passion behind it. Once you listen to the T12U, you know that there IS a lot of passion behind it..

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #9,214 of 36,133
One hour into Canjam and one word: Atlas :heart_eyes:
Ah yes the Atlas. First one from CA that fits my preference. I thought it could use a deeper soundstage though.

20180721_134056.jpg

The comet was surprisingly good as well.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #9,217 of 36,133
Yep, the Sundara were nice but the Ananda....now there’s a headphone I’m seriously thinking about !!! Thanks to @majo123 I now have to find an extra $1000.00 lol. I’m going to sit down and have another listen tomorrow and see if I still feel the same way, pretty damn sure I will though.
The Cascade put a great big grin on my face also, real punchy bass and sparkling highs. It does seem like a cross between the Vega and Andromeda. Met Ken Ball and some of the team, super nice people and very passionate about Campfire Audio.
Thanks to @third_eye for putting on another great event, top geeza :smile_phones:

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #9,218 of 36,133
Yep, the Sundara were nice but the Ananda....now there’s a headphone I’m seriously thinking about !!! Thanks to @majo123 I now have to find an extra $1000.00 lol. I’m going to sit down and have another listen tomorrow and see if I still feel the same way, pretty damn sure I will though.
The Cascade put a great big grin on my face also, real punchy bass and sparkling highs. It does seem like a cross between the Vega and Andromeda. Met Ken Ball and some of the team, super nice people and very passionate about Campfire Audio.
Thanks to @third_eye for putting on another great event, top geeza :smile_phones:

And thanks to you and your call I may also eventually be a 1000 lighter with a pair Ananda but hey what a birthday present if I do.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #9,219 of 36,133
Just got my Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X. Haven't had a chance to compare to the HD600 yet, but for $150, I have virtually no complaints about the sound. Going purely by sound memory (which we all know ain't that great), I think I might like the the HD600's sound sig more, but these are still very good. I wish the headband followed the matte finish that's on the capsules though; woulda looked and felt better IMO. But like I said, $150, nothing to really complain about. A bit more extension in the bass region compared to the HD600s. And surprisingly not a whole lot easier to drive than the HD600. Don't get me wrong, still easier to get up to volume, but not so much easier as the impedance rating would indicate.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #9,220 of 36,133
Just got my Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X. Haven't had a chance to compare to the HD600 yet, but for $150, I have virtually no complaints about the sound. Going purely by sound memory (which we all know ain't that great), I think I might like the the HD600's sound sig more, but these are still very good. I wish the headband followed the matte finish that's on the capsules though; woulda looked and felt better IMO. But like I said, $150, nothing to really complain about. A bit more extension in the bass region compared to the HD600s. And surprisingly not a whole lot easier to drive than the HD600. Don't get me wrong, still easier to get up to volume, but not so much easier as the impedance rating would indicate.

If it is anything like my HD598 SE, it would be because the impedance rating is deceptive. While not that high overall, it is said to have a 300 ohm impedance in the bass region... which is why some people who do not give it enough power will think it is bass light.

I wonder if they have used the same drivers.

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #9,222 of 36,133
Anyone hear the GT-R open back planar headphones being offered on Iniegogo? I know, I know, more crowd funding. But, they say many have heard prototypes at shows. They even quote Jude (Head-Fi) and show his supplied measurements.

They are at the London CanJam according to their website. I'd be curious to hear what people thought of them as well.

Jul 22, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #9,223 of 36,133
Anyone hear the GT-R open back planar headphones being offered on Iniegogo? I know, I know, more crowd funding. But, they say many have heard prototypes at shows. They even quote Jude (Head-Fi) and show his supplied measurements.

They are at the London CanJam according to their website. I'd be curious to hear what people thought of them as well.

I'm sure one of our spys will try after your posts, but as you say crowdfunding so definitely not for me ....... I seem to have this echo stuck in my mind that sounds like vecinity.

Jul 22, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #9,224 of 36,133
Morning all!
I’ll just leave this here, it makes me happy to be alive :wink:
A new album with a familiar sound, great to see the boys back!

Jul 22, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #9,225 of 36,133
Well guys my trail of responsibility seems to not be ending, had cooker fitted but it's too powerful for our old electrics so electrician coming monday to rewire and add a new board , I'm living on barbecue and microwave meals,....also my chihuahuas allergies are still bad so back to the vets this week.
This means I'm struggling to get my er4xr back again ! Fingers crossed I can still do it this week but close :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: im hoping no more issues arise as I can't wait to get them back and give them some proper time, think the er4xr are going to be an excellent iem for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back