The Audio Lounge
Jul 20, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #9,181 of 36,144
Possibly, because unlike many of those bands in the list, U2 are still active :)
One of the bands I've always liked a lot, although haven't liked their recent albums much. But "The Unforgettable Fire", "The Joshua Tree", "Achtung Baby" and "All that you can't leave behind" were epically good, in my humble opinion :)

Couldn't agree more, I'm listening to Joshua tree right now! :grinning:

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #9,182 of 36,144
I remember seeing both the Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree live tours and they were great. Love those albums. That is one band that aged very well. They seem to change enough to keep being relevant.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #9,183 of 36,144
I remember seeing both the Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree live tours and they were great. Love those albums. That is one band that aged very well. They seem to change enough to keep being relevant.

As @Layman1 said they are all amazing albums that still truly bring emotions for me even after all this time, very powerful albums and must have been a joy to see.

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #9,184 of 36,144
As @Layman1 said they are all amazing albums that still truly bring emotions for me even after all this time, very powerful albums and must have been a joy to see.

My first ever music concert was U2 on the Zoo TV tour (in between Achtung Baby and Zooropa I think?).
It was pretty unforgettable.
I never much cared for the song "Love is blindness" until I heard it at that concert.
Everything went quiet, the lighters came out, and the bass shivered through my entire body as the song had me transfixed.

A pretty cool way to experience my first gig :)

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #9,185 of 36,144
My first ever music concert was U2 on the Zoo TV tour (in between Achtung Baby and Zooropa I think?).
It was pretty unforgettable.
I never much cared for the song "Love is blindness" until I heard it at that concert.
Everything went quiet, the lighters came out, and the bass shivered through my entire body as the song had me transfixed.

A pretty cool way to experience my first gig :)

I have never seen them live and one of quite a few bands that I regret not seeing.....I like "love is blindness" and think it it somehow would suit a live performance.
Just been listening to "so cruel" off of achtung baby.

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #9,186 of 36,144
Ok, wind up the way back machine...talking about U2, we have a planetarium at our local science museum. Every once in a while, they do laser shows to different music. Last one I saw with the kids was U2, excellent show and song choice was top notch, not just pop hits but deep tracks. Lasers would refract to key beats and such or make pertinent patterns, like show the face of the kid on the War album cover and the like...had the seats that you could recline far back so you could see the ceiling without straining. Great show. It was easily 10-12 years ago and I have vivid images of it in my brain. Thanks for bringing up U2 and some warm and fuzzy memories.

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #9,187 of 36,144
To all those lucky enough to attend Canjam this weekend, can you take some choice pictures of your favorite booths and such so we poor folk can live vicariously though you?

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #9,188 of 36,144
I'm going to canjam on Sunday will be wearing a t-shirt with a panda listening to headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back