The Audio Lounge
Apr 21, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #6,436 of 36,145
So, Now my liver has almost grown back enough for another purchase, thinking of the Lyr 3 and I’ve just come across the Woo Audio WA2 used for £550.00 apparently it’s in good condition and I’m wondering if this sounds like a good deal. I’m new to all this valve/tube game, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

I would say if you can snag a WA2 for that price, go for it. The Lyr 3 is great but if I'm not wrong isn't a pure Tube amp. What's great about the Lyr though is that you don't need power tubes, so that's 2 less tubes to worry about. However it probably won't sound as tubey as a pure tube amp.

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #6,437 of 36,145
I would say if you can snag a WA2 for that price, go for it. The Lyr 3 is great but if I'm not wrong isn't a pure Tube amp. What's great about the Lyr though is that you don't need power tubes, so that's 2 less tubes to worry about. However it probably won't sound as tubey as a pure tube amp.
Oh man, I’m gonna have to sleep on this one lol, does seem like a good price though

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #6,440 of 36,145
I bought Nick caves skeleton tree today was hoping it would be here tomorrow for a nice session with oppy1 , mojo and re600v2 ( they like the added warmth) but not coming til Tues ....gutted.

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #6,441 of 36,145
Just got back from our Maine craft beer crawl. 2 days of superb beer, some fine food and great friends with some good tunes in the background. Nice weekend. This is just a sampling of what we brought back.
upload_2018-4-21_17-42-48.png

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #6,444 of 36,145
The fella just got back to me regarding the WA2, he says it’s 7 years old but only about 10 hours run time. I have amps twice that age and are still sounding fantastic. But they are not valve/tube amps and this is something I know very little about.
And no @majo123 im not buying both, definitely not, absolutely not, never, not in a million years.......they would look nice side by side though eh :ksc75smile: I seriously need to find another hobby....fast:smile_phones:

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #6,445 of 36,145
The fella just got back to me regarding the WA2, he says it’s 7 years old but only about 10 hours run time. I have amps twice that age and are still sounding fantastic. But they are not valve/tube amps and this is something I know very little about.
And no @majo123 im not buying both, definitely not, absolutely not, never, not in a million years.......they would look nice side by side though eh :ksc75smile: I seriously need to find another hobby....fast:smile_phones:

Shouldn't be any problems. The tubes won't give you an issue because it's life span is determined by the number of hours you put in. The only thing to check is the electronics. I'm actually running a pair of 70's russian tubes, so it's fine! :)

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #6,446 of 36,145
Shouldn't be any problems. The tubes won't give you an issue because it's life span is determined by the number of hours you put in. The only thing to check is the electronics. I'm actually running a pair of 70's russian tubes, so it's fine! :)
Awesome, thanks for the advice. My finger is millimetres from the order button lol
Headphones I’ve got are Senns HD650/660s and Grado 325e and will probably add to that at the London CanJam this year. Cheers

Apr 22, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #6,447 of 36,145
Awesome, thanks for the advice. My finger is millimetres from the order button lol
Headphones I’ve got are Senns HD650/660s and Grado 325e and will probably add to that at the London CanJam this year. Cheers

No worries mate, tubes will sound awesome with your current set of cans! Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy my Valhalla + HD600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back