The Audio Lounge
Mar 18, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #5,791 of 36,144
Been having a comparison of my iems and tips.
The new primacy which are not an easy fit i always had foam tips on to create a good seal but it made them a bit warm and bassy for me although the rest was great, I changed to the stock double flange which I would never normally use as they are big and I never seem to get good audio with double flange because of small ears.
This has totally changed the new primacy a lot more to my preference, the muddiness on the low end seems to have gone and now I can appreciate how good this iem really is.
My flarespro are still a pain to get right, again i feel because of small ears too much seal and they are too bassy not enough seal and there thin and horrible they definitely have a sweet spot and when found they are amazing but definitely a pain too fit.
The re400 I bought for £40 are truly amazing I'm so impressed with these little iems , on first listen they can come across a bit thin lacking something but once brain gets used to them you realise how real these sound, great detail and realy neutral and a lovely easy fit for small ears ,these for my tastes are an absolute steal a bargain and for me compete with the above quite easily in detail and resolution.
Expecting the re600s in the next couple of weeks and can't wait to try them on the back of 400s.
Happy listening guys.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #5,792 of 36,144
Mar 21, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #5,795 of 36,144
So I decided to splurge on cables. I got an EA Ares II and I got the OKCSC off aliexpress... Will post impressions when I get them!

That's nice to hear! I bought a hybrid cable from Penon audio awhile back, for the balanced sound. Those are also a bang for a buck.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #5,796 of 36,144
Well my re600s are here and just putting them through there paces, been testing them with some busy tracks "dog days are over" Florence and the machine ..." whole lotta love" led zeppelin.
lovely separation when the tracks gets busy which is something I read about these. First impressions are they are a creeper , nothing seems to stand out initially but on listening they have good micro detail and excellent instrument placement.
Very much like the re400 but more bass and less bright.
Early days but think I'm gonna like these.

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #5,797 of 36,144
Something new to try from KZ.. A 5 Driver IEM. 1DD 2BA Mid, 2BA High

Worth a try @ $30 via instructions at >>> https://www.facebook.com/audiobudge...hUeX9e2gLHVnK_E717qisaUKKhmVaoYXZEt_k&fref=nf

HTB1QPevfeuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaA.jpg

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #5,798 of 36,144
Mar 22, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #5,799 of 36,144
I just ordered. I'm with you. For 30 dollars, definitely worth a try.
First time I've done this, so my suggestion to anyone who hasn't ordered with AudioBudget and Aliex Express... Don't do it on your phone. Things get funky.

Hahah, I did it on my phone and worked fine :) ordered too! Easy resale value, cheap pricing. Worth the attempt. With this, you know they have insane markups, so makes you wonder what quality comes out of these things...

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #5,802 of 36,144
Hahah, I did it on my phone and worked fine :) ordered too! Easy resale value, cheap pricing. Worth the attempt. With this, you know they have insane markups, so makes you wonder what quality comes out of these things...
Maybe I'm just phone inept. Or you are Canadian Phone Special. :wink:

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #5,805 of 36,144

Users who are viewing this thread

Back