The Audio Lounge
Jun 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #17,416 of 36,100
Congrats dude I may end up getting one..... Bad news is the rui are giving me earache the nozzles are just too wide for my ears looks like another sale... Damn shame as they are stellar.
I'm not buying anymore iems unless I try first at canjam

That is a shame, you are going to have to try custom fit I think to get something that fits well.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #17,417 of 36,100
That is a shame, you are going to have to try custom fit I think to get something that fits well.
@majo123 you should have Linsoul build some customs for you. They will offer you a free custom build. It happened to me and they were ready to have me buy a new pair with free customer fit.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #17,418 of 36,100
I don't know I've been through many DAPs in the past and I've never been so happy with a piece of kit like the N6ii. The thing that is going to really make the N6ii a phenomenal buy is the audio boards that are coming out. You basically get a brand new TOTL DAP for much less than a new unit.

I kind of agree, but if we get extra audio motherboards what are we going to do with our A01's? Swapping is the whole point of it though I suppose. Maybe swap A01 to A02 on a weekly/monthly basis.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #17,420 of 36,100
I kind of agree, but if we get extra audio motherboards what are we going to do with our A01's? Swapping is the whole point of it though I suppose. Maybe swap A01 to A02 on a weekly/monthly basis.
I switch my AMP modules in the DX220 and DX200Ti on a regular basis so I can see myself doing the audio motherboard switch often. It's super easy you just need a #4 torx bit and pull and replace.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #17,422 of 36,100
Congrats dude I may end up getting one..... Bad news is the rui are giving me earache the nozzles are just too wide for my ears looks like another sale... Damn shame as they are stellar.
I'm not buying anymore iems unless I try first at canjam

As I read this post I'm taking pics of my S4 to put up for sale. I went and tried so many tips and nothing helped. Sucks because they really opened up on sound stage and the treble mellowed. Ah well.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #17,423 of 36,100
I've never really "enjoyed" the sound of the Shure SE846. I've always found it a bit rolled off on the top end. Not with the Cayin N6ii, balanced, they sound amazing together, great synergy.

I'm using the blue filters with the foam removed, I think its call the Trishd mod.
I wasn't a fan of the SE846 when I listened to it. Not my sound signature. Not sure I like the Shure house sound since I didn't like the SE215 either. Probably why.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #17,424 of 36,100
So what do they do about ear wax? Do they have a cleaning regiment before the silicon?

Its best too be prepared yes. I put Earol in my ears for a couple of weeks before each appointment and I had no issues despite having quite waxy ears. I think most Audiologists will send you to get your ears cleaned rather than do it for you.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #17,425 of 36,100
As I read this post I'm taking pics of my S4 to put up for sale. I went and tried so many tips and nothing helped. Sucks because they really opened up on sound stage and the treble mellowed. Ah well.
Think of the all the cables you could buy with money from the S4! :D

Jun 13, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #17,427 of 36,100
Think of the all the cables you could buy with money from the S4! :D

Ok ok, I like cables, lol.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back