The Audio Lounge
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #17,356 of 36,130
"yiiinn you" is a four letter word on HeadFi apparently.

Trying to be pragmatic about the cable thing, at least 16 cores in theory would be stronger, even if they are not connected and just glued at both ends.

I've got a few low end 8 and 16 core cables, now I'm not so sure about them. :frowning2:

Jun 12, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #17,358 of 36,130
"yiiinn you" is a four letter word on HeadFi apparently.

Trying to be pragmatic about the cable thing, at least 16 cores in theory would be stronger, even if they are not connected and just glued at both ends.

I've got a few low end 8 and 16 core cables, now I'm not so sure about them. :frowning2:
**** is a banned brand and not to be discussed on HeadFi

Jun 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #17,360 of 36,130
**** is a banned brand and not to be discussed on HeadFi

People in this thread are/have been unaware. Can we just leave it for now? Hoping things will change.. it has been a very long punishment for things that happened here long ago and possibly no longer involve the same people.

Jun 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #17,361 of 36,130
Well these little guys just passed the Hippo test. Arrived today... burning in at the moment.

10305259.jpg

Jun 12, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #17,363 of 36,130
Jun 12, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #17,364 of 36,130
@mbwilson111 thank you an interesting track that one, I will add it to my favorites.

That is the title track I have had that album since it came out...1991. Bela Fleck has won a bunch of grammys and is considered one of the best banjoist in the world.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #17,365 of 36,130
Ok, I'll hold on to them in case they offer refunds. It's ok because they aren't currently in use. I'm using my HiFiHear/ISN cables at the moment. When my DM7 get back I'll have to decide then what to use.

"Was on WeChat with TRN just now. They have traced the problem to their 6 and 8-core cables contract manufacturer. They are, like you said, doing "damage control" right now.

The 16-core cable is made by another manufacturer, so there should NOT be any problem (at least this is what they claimed)."

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #17,367 of 36,130
People in this thread are/have been unaware. Can we just leave it for now? Hoping things will change.. it has been a very long punishment for things that happened here long ago and possibly no longer involve the same people.
LOL I'm not a mod. I have no control over what they allow or do. Letting it be known to new comers to the thread that this very popular thread could get shut down, like the other one,if the brand continues to be posted. Talk to the mods if you have an issue and want to know if a ban can be lifted.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #17,368 of 36,130
LOL I'm not a mod. I have no control over what they allow or do. Letting it be known to new comers to the thread that this very popular thread could get shut down, like the other one,if the brand continues to be posted. Talk to the mods if you have an issue and want to know if a ban can be lifted.

So what's the story behind Voldemort err I mean Banned err I mean Yi***u? Why sas it banned?

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #17,369 of 36,130
So what's the story behind Voldemort err I mean Banned err I mean Yi***u? Why sas it banned?

go to one of the links above... to Slaters posts about the cables... he keeps the info in his signature... it is a long story that goes back for years

It should be a sticky in the posting guidelines because people are often unaware and then get a temporary or permanent ban for mentioning stuff.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #17,370 of 36,130
Sub bass question - just trying to get into the terminology "audiophiles" use, in this track, is the low frequency melody classed as sub-bass, mid-bass, or just bass?

I'd categorize as sub-bass. Mid-bass tends to be pretty in your face about it and it sounded lower than what I'd just tag as bass.

Unrelated note, lovely sound:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back