The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #181 of 18,652
Do you guys have issue when playing music on all music folder where when shuffle is activated but the song just keep repeating itself. I have 1000+ of songs in there but only the first play song is able to play... Just music album is ok. Not for all music.

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #182 of 18,652
  progress being made :)

all mp3 albums now show art when playing - removed all unwanted symbols and characters which worked

will tackle flac shortly

when I browse albums art doesn't display like the bottom left pic here:

http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81

thanks for your help

Is the UI running android? I remember the DX100 would take some time before it would fully update its data base to show you those pictures via album search. Maybe even over 20 minutes depending on how many files you have? In such instances I'd clear the media storage process as well as the music player process. Restart the player and let it fully index the files again. If you're following the 500X500 rule (or less) I think it should work?

Do you guys have issue when playing music on all music folder where when shuffle is activated but the song just keep repeating itself. I have 1000+ of songs in there but only the first play song is able to play... Just music album is ok. Not for all music.

I created a thread specifically for reporting issues with the DX50. Maybe that will be more constructive and would be easier for ibasso to sift through it and implement the fixes.

Cheers,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #183 of 18,652
- Coaxial out cannot send 24 bit flac files to iBasso DB2 (ironically), 16bit works fine...
- USB OTG works partially on cheap scandisk memory stick except for large music files (e.g. 24bit files for a long music track)...
- quite a number of flac files cannot be updated into the library
- everytime u turned on the DAP, you need to adjust the vol from 120, it wont't remember the last preferred vol...

SQ-wise, there is nothing to complain except the synergy with ASG-2 is really quite low and could not bring out the solid bass out of ASG-2 (listened using lo-gain and no EQ).  (Guys, please advise on how to improve the synergy)

When listening using TG334, the synergy seems to be higher.  (adding an additional amp brings no obvious benefit in this case)

Comparisons were done with a modded X3 and 901....  Note that DX50 SQ cannot touch 901 since 901 sound is true audiophile.

Once the teething problems are fixed... I really feel this is the "bang for your bucks" DAP on the market (the official AK100 killer, joking)

I suspect the teething problems can only be resolved after 4-6months.... firmware perfectionists please look elsewhere...

The design and build quality make me when to invest in mod and further tuning....
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #184 of 18,652
sheesh.... should have posted half of my above post to lee's other thread................ sorry

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #186 of 18,652
Thanks for all the initial impressions - I just ordered my before the third batch sells out.

I still have some concerns about the UI in terms of it speed and how the navigation is layout.

Thanks,

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #188 of 18,652
  thanks to lee things are on the mend - flac album art progress being made

No problem. I know what it feels like to be there. You just want to throw the damn thing against the wall when it doesn't work as it should. Or when you read a complete 180 to your own experiences :p.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #190 of 18,652
sheesh.... should have posted half of my above post to lee's other thread................ sorry

Glad to see more impression. How did you find it compared with modded X3? 901 is hard to beat for SQ, but this DX50 might really became the AK killer at usd239, or even cheaper in local retailers here...

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #192 of 18,652
I had meetings back to back yesterday so my listening was done on a tired mind after work...and could only find the energy to post this morning...

Will find time on sunday afternoon for some more intense listening

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #193 of 18,652
Just got a call from couriers, should be receiving mine this afternoon

Wasn't expecting it til next week.......................At least, I think it is the DX50, not expecting anything else from the mainland
size]

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #194 of 18,652
  Just got a call from couriers, should be receiving mine this afternoon

Wasn't expecting it til next week.......................At least, I think it is the DX50, not expecting anything else from the mainland
size]

Yours is the 2nd batch if I remember correct?  I thought Fedex don't do weekend delivery except shipper pays extra?   Nice surprise I guess 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #195 of 18,652

Yours is the 2nd batch if I remember correct?  I thought Fedex don't do weekend delivery except shipper pays extra?   Nice surprise I guess 
smily_headphones1.gif

It was SF Express that called..................

I am racking my brains, but I really do not have anything coming from China, at least not to my residential address............... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back