The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #166 of 18,652

It is only for those who suffered in the first batch.

Ahh, I see.

frown.gif
you're killing me.
If the Konami code isn't sacred then I don't know what is.

Contra!!

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #168 of 18,652
Sep 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #169 of 18,652

what do you mean by cleaning the tags?

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

I hope you are not already sick of unboxing photos :)

Aaaah, come on are you kidding me?

At last. The box looks so high class. When I remember how they sent the iBasso D10 back then. It was in a small, plain, white cardbord box.

I did not expect this level of quality. iBasso did a great work. Perfect craftsmanship.

As I said, I am really impressed with this player. The quality is high. It is small. The MA9 looks and feels like a monolith. The biggest plus for me is that is able to handle the FLAC-tags. Still browsing through the library and there was no problem till now. Also I tag my files like Monk would do.

I really like the quality of this player for its price. Ibasso is apparently setting the bar really high for these other DAP manufacturers and it hasn't come soon enough :wink:.

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #170 of 18,652

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

I really like the quality of this player for its price. Ibasso is apparently setting the bar really high for these other DAP manufacturers and it hasn't come soon enough :wink:.

Yeah, they have set the bar quite high haven't they? I can't help but compare this to the X3's packaging...

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #172 of 18,652
  I guess the silence/lack of complaints is a great sign... people are enjoying there DX50 with no issues?

hmmm, not sure that applies to me.....

1) major problems with album art - nothing showing in any flac files and only in 50% of my mp3 files
2) had about half dozen freezes
3) sometimes when turning on it hangs
4) when I select something to play it sometimes jumps to previously playing album

points 2 & 3 only bug me a bit but 1 & 4 are making me wish I kept my rockboxed ipod about now :frowning2:

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #173 of 18,652
Check the link to the mp3tag guide I made above. That may help your situation. Maybe your tags are filthy and causing compatibility issues. I had the same problems in the past with Sansa Fuze and even iphone4. I'm not sure about the freezing. If it's not a wide spread issue with others it could be a defect? Maybe your SD card causing issues? Just trying to root things out.

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #174 of 18,652
  Check the link to the mp3tag guide I made above. That may help your situation. Maybe your tags are filthy and causing compatibility issues. I had the same problems in the past with Sansa Fuze and even iphone4. I'm not sure about the freezing. If it's not a wide spread issue with others it could be a defect? Maybe your SD card causing issues? Just trying to root things out.

thanks - using mp3 tag as we speak to put art on, bit of a novice at that

its also frozen again

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #175 of 18,652

thanks - using mp3 tag as we speak to put art on, bit of a novice at that

its also frozen again

Hmm. Do you have a lot of music on it right now? What type of micro SD card are you using? Wonder if you should try and just put a small number of tracks on their and ensure those tracks are properly tagged. Then see if you can replicate the freezing. If not then it may be an issue with tags or some sort of incompatible file format on there? Maybe even corrupt files? I think IDv3.2 is needed for tags to show up properly? I remember on the DX100 you didn't want to go over 500X500 or the album art wouldn't show up. I always removed excess junk such as comments, composer, Disc number. But I always tagged the album artist, artist, album, year, track number, genre (as well as album art) via mp3tag. Since the DX100 had issues with properly ordering my music (as with most of my other DAPs lol). I always ensured to have 01, 02, 03 in the titles of the songs. No 1., 1-, 01-. Just (01 Purple Rain). I think I included how you can do this on the fly with the guide. Really makes it easy to do. Also always make sure you save the changes once you are sure the files have been renamed as you want or it may not keep the new settings.

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #176 of 18,652

Hmm. Do you have a lot of music on it right now? What type of micro SD card are you using? Wonder if you should try and just put a small number of tracks on their and ensure those tracks are properly tagged. Then see if you can replicate the freezing. If not then it may be an issue with tags or some sort of incompatible file format on there? Maybe even corrupt files? I think IDv3.2 is needed for tags to show up properly? I remember on the DX100 you didn't want to go over 500X500 or the album art wouldn't show up. I always removed excess junk such as comments, composer, Disc number. But I always tagged the album artist, artist, album, year, track number, genre (as well as album art) via mp3tag. Since the DX100 had issues with properly ordering my music (as with most of my other DAPs lol). I always ensured to have 01, 02, 03 in the titles of the songs. No 1., 1-, 01-. Just (01 Purple Rain). I think I included how you can do this on the fly with the guide. Really makes it easy to do. Also always make sure you save the changes once you are sure the files have been renamed as you want or it may not keep the new settings.

then use DriveSort to make the sequence correct, assuming the DX50 uses FAT32 :)

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #179 of 18,652
DriveSort only fixes the sequencing when you play by Album :)  This fixed my problem when I play live albums eg. Jay-z unplugged.

as for playlist sequencing, there is something with the firmware that screws it up 

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #180 of 18,652
  DriveSort only fixes the sequencing when you play by Album :)  This fixed my problem when I play live albums eg. Jay-z unplugged.

as for playlist sequencing, there is something with the firmware that screws it up 

With the DX100 you had to sync them in order alphabetically or it would show up in the order you synced them. This was very annoying as it should be able to easily update itself to show them alphabetized. It's a pet-peeve of mine. Then again it's something very basic. I remember when the original firmware would show the playlists backwards lol. I mean come on. I know China does a lot of things backwards compared to the Western wold but that as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back