The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 27, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #18,436 of 18,652
When the machine is asking for a nickel, why give it a quarter?

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #18,438 of 18,652
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7146  Use this plug at $.38 with any existing spdif cable you already have.  This adapter http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7179 would let you attach the ibasso dongle to a longer cable.  Anyhow, things to consider. 

Ron

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #18,439 of 18,652
Hi,

I am the 1st hand owner of a DX50 since almost 2 years, latest stock firmware.
Until today, no problem.
And this morning, while it was playing, complete freeze.
I powered it off, and then, no way to power it back on.
I checked the battery is fully charged, if I plug the unit with USB, it says Charged.

I tried many times Power + Vol UP: nothing at all.
If I plug it to my PC, I do not have the usual windows asking me what I want to do with the storage.
Whatever I try, the display remains black, it just shows Charged if I plug the USB input.

Any idea what I could try ?
Thanks for helping.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #18,440 of 18,652
I still miss my DX50 since some ingrate knicked it.  Haven't got the money to replace it, so relying on my old Rockboxed iPod video (with its clunky HDD) for music on my travels.

Happy new year, fellow iBassos.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #18,441 of 18,652
  Hi,

I am the 1st hand owner of a DX50 since almost 2 years, latest stock firmware.
Until today, no problem.
And this morning, while it was playing, complete freeze.
I powered it off, and then, no way to power it back on.
I checked the battery is fully charged, if I plug the unit with USB, it says Charged.

I tried many times Power + Vol UP: nothing at all.
If I plug it to my PC, I do not have the usual windows asking me what I want to do with the storage.
Whatever I try, the display remains black, it just shows Charged if I plug the USB input.

Any idea what I could try ?
Thanks for helping.

Try remove/replace the battery a few times.

Try holding the power button for over 10 seconds, (its like a hard reset)

Try another battery.

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #18,442 of 18,652
Removed the battery several times, no effect
Hard reset did nothing.
I don't have another battery, and I'm not going to buy one, unless I can be sure the DAP is still working.

I contacted Ibasso, will see what they day

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #18,443 of 18,652
Removed the battery several times, no effect
Hard reset did nothing.
I don't have another battery, and I'm not going to buy one, unless I can be sure the DAP is still working.

I contacted Ibasso, will see what they day

I would use the batch tool that is on the first page as a link in the  DX80 thread and load the FW from that. You need a Windows based computer but I like using it because it wipes the internal memory and does a factory install of the fw you choose. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #18,444 of 18,652
The Factory tool gave back some life to the DX50.
However, everything is not back to normal.
The power button has strictly no effect, which means I can no longer power off the unit.
And when the screen goes black, the only thing that can wake it up is removing the SD card and inserting it back.

So it seems the unit is in bad shape, but at least, It can play music again.
Not sure I can expect something better ...

Finally, I found out that the power button is broken, the piece fall out when I open the unit.
Not sure it can be repaired ...

After less than 2 years of service, quite disapointing !

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #18,446 of 18,652
Hi all,

I need some help with album art. I've been happily enjoying the DX50 since 2013 through all the firmware and currently on 1.9.4 (just saw 1.9.5). I've always just put the folder.jpg art file in the album file and the DX50 found the album art.  This worked just a month or so ago with the last CD I added. 

This weekend, I added a box set of 6 CD's and cannot get the unit to recognize the art. I'v done countless media scans and even deleted the ".audio_data" file on the in SD card and the "album_img" from the internal flash.  That didn't work.

What am I missing?  Any suggestions?  PS All my files are ALAC. 
thanks,
Scott

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #18,447 of 18,652
It should be named cover.jpg inside album folder.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #18,448 of 18,652
Thanks. I finally figured out that some album art I downloaded were .jpeg instead of .jpg. I didn't notice the extension. Didn't know there were .jpEg files.. all is well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #18,449 of 18,652
I am a bit late to the party, I have just bought an used DX50 (chosen over the Fiio X5 II due to the replaceable battery and some concerns over Fiio QC) and the device is very nice.

However I am a bit disappointed with the UI: my problem is that I have long album titles for classical records, which is where I have the information on the execution as well (i.e. player, orchestra, director). So while browsing the collection I cannot read anything but the first part of the album name, which contrary to the song title in reproduction is not even scrollable.

Is there any way to easily read the full album name or am I condemned to browsing my collection per directory?

Regards.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #18,450 of 18,652
Hey everyone, after 3 summers (my holidays) of trying, I still can't get a simple playlist on my player, so I give up.  I'm selling it and moving onto this instead, which has a full Android installation (5.1.2 Lollipop), and allows you to use Google Playstore to simply download your favorite music apps to manage playlists and playback.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/pioneer-xdp-100r-review-1314550/review

Can anyone here please tell me the value of my iBasso DX50?  I've never used it (nor the $1500 amp + cans setup I bought to use it with), other than trying to get my playlists to work, which I've never been successful at. 

Thanks for the help!  Consider it up for sale if anyone wants one.  I have the storage bag, original box, and I believe a 16GB SD card in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back