The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #17,851 of 18,652
hey guys

i recently purchased the sen hd700 and am looking to possibly use my dx50 with them
what im asking is can i use the dx50 along with say a tube amp or solid state amp.
for home use or would it be better to use a laptop with the tube amp.
what would yield the best results .
gs1000.gif

thanks for your help guys i have always been a portable guy so dont know
much about this .

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #17,852 of 18,652
  hey guys

i recently purchased the sen hd700 and am looking to possibly use my dx50 with them
what im asking is can i use the dx50 along with say a tube amp or solid state amp.
gs1000.gif

much about this .

The sound quality into the tube amp from the DX50 is going to be significantly better than that of the laptop, so the output will be significantly better.  You could also use the DX50 as a USB DAC between the laptop and the amp to improve the laptop's quality.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #17,853 of 18,652

My unit did something like this once. 

Connect DX50 to your laptop/PC then try deleting the '.album_img' file from both the internal memory and micro sd card.

After you disconnect rescan the card and let the database rebuild. See if this helps

Thanks for this tip - I tried it and the problem persists.
I am going to install the firmware again, I hope that this time everything is fixed or else I am stuck :frowning2:

BT

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #17,854 of 18,652
  hey guys

gs1000.gif

much about this .

why not go for dx80?? dx50 and dx90 will be discontinued if not wrong

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #17,855 of 18,652
or... why not to buy cheap DX50 (or even cheaper second-hand) and hardware-mod it to another level + custom firmware?
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #17,856 of 18,652
Thank you. I've tried all but your last suggestion so far. Really quite terrifically upset at the moment with it. :'(

I've had this issue quite a bit in the past.
Please read this post 9032 by Lurker0 in the DX90-2x-sabre... thread:
   http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0/9030#post_11037042

That helps to explain about the SD card process that is causing it.

What I do is this:
Periodically, I reformat my SD card.

Every time I add music to the card:
-Delete the audio_data file
-insert the card into ibasso.  Avoid the suggested scan.  Instead...
-go to advanced settings.  rescan library.

I do this every time I add music.  And since I use 64M cards, it doesn't take too long.
This keeps me skip/stutter free for a few months.  If it starts to skip/stutter, I repeat the reformat sd.
In fact, I haven't had to reformat for quite a while now.  maybe 6 months or so.

Also.  I try to keep 1M of free space.  In case it is doing a temp-copy function.  (I think I read that somewhere too.  But not sure if that was true or de-bunked.)

hope this helps.
BTW.  I kept native format of the card.  Also when I bought a new card, I went through a complete format before putting music on it.  I use the SDcard.org formatting tool.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #17,857 of 18,652

Hidden menu?

I have that only on a dual boot system. Rockbox + Stock 1.9.3 that is. I am unaware of a dual boot with SU 1.3.3 though.

Cheers.

I always had the hidden menu, All formats / Lossless / FLAC only / IRR Bandwidth / CPU performance menu You must set DX50 to LOCK and shut it down and boot back up with LOCK still ON. Actually it works with just switching LOCK ON before turning DX50 on also. No need to put lock ON inside UI and reboot.

Why I lost it when I installed 1.9.3, then back to 1.6 I have no idea.  Guess I'll see how SU 1.3.3 sounds.

Sounds to me that you had stock firmware installed. Stock firmware doesn't have a hidden boot up menu. Only Sound Unlocked does.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #17,859 of 18,652
The headphone jack of my DX50 seems to be broken (damaged?) . Moving the headphone chord/connector around slightly, changes the sound between only left channel (mono) to both (stereo). Very annoying when traveling.
Any thoughts on how to fix this? 

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #17,860 of 18,652
  The headphone jack of my DX50 seems to be damaged. Moving the headphone chord/connector around slightly, changes the sound between only left channel (mono) to both (stereo). Very annoying when traveling.

The easiest way without doing it yourself is emailing iBasso who will do the repairs for you. To my understanding even when warrenty is expired they will repair their products at a small cost. It might take sending your unit away for a few weeks but you're guaranteed a properly performed repair.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #17,862 of 18,652
Haven`t had time or mood to try it and from some comments I`ve been reading, I don`t know if I bother. Panamod + SU 1.3.3 @ flac/ iir off/ cpu default just sounds so good that I don`t bother much with other upgrades than yet to do HO opamps.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #17,863 of 18,652
Hi everybody.

Sorry, I use google translation.

Voila, I bought a few days ago in DX50 1.50 to replace Ipod classic 5g Rockbox with mSATA 256GB.

I wonder if there is a way with OTG function to use iPod or even an external case for mSATA for me to use it because for now, and neither walk nor the other because we say that asks alimention a can too.

Msata case: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/251708261714?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550624582216&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thank you +

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #17,864 of 18,652
@Sleuth
I have exactly the same problem. I contacted the store where bought it from, and they told it was a known issue with the DX50. 
They offered to replace the DX50 at no cost, although I bought it 14 months ago!

But sadly they couldn't deliver a DX50 anymore.
They offered me the choice: a Fiio X3ii or a DX80 with extra payment when it comes out. 
Now i can't make a choice between a Fiio X3ii at no extra costs, or a Fiio X5ii or DX80 with extra costs.

Im waiting for the first reviews of the DX80. I hope they will be conclusive, so i can choose.

In Europe (the Netherlands), i believe, the legal warranty extends to 2 years, so i guess thats my luck.

Contact your reseller and see where it gets you.

BTW: in the mean time i use the DX50 with the line-out for my IEM (RHA MA750). That works fine, but drains the battery faster. And i believe the LO has slightly less oomph and clearer sound, but that might be because of the volume differences. Hard to tell now with a broken HO-jack.

Good luck with your reseller!
Splutje

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #17,865 of 18,652
  The headphone jack of my DX50 seems to be broken (damaged?) . Moving the headphone chord/connector around slightly, changes the sound between only left channel (mono) to both (stereo). Very annoying when traveling.

If you don't need EQ or gain, you can use the line out.  That is what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back