The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Aug 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #17,731 of 18,652
its fairly neutral, clear and powerfull amp, with great dynamics, not tons of resolution but it have them. Also its quite cheap. never listen to the cayin c5 
beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #17,732 of 18,652
the cayin c5 is a very great amp very powerful and can drive almost any headphone with authority , for the price of it you will be hard pressed to find anything better. Also check out the oppo ha2 another great amp for the price. Both sound excellent with the dx50

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #17,733 of 18,652
WOW!!!

I just installed the drivers for using the DX50 as a USB dac today!

Lately I've been using my new laptop for work and play a lot, but I have definitely noticed that the manufacturer has tweaked the acoustics of the onboard audio chip, despite it just being the basic realtek driver. I have avoided listening to music extensively on my laptop due to this, for it is actually very very noticeable that they boosted the bass quantity quite a ridiculous amount. It actually makes my head hurt after a while when I'm simply listening to some youtube videos and all I can hear is a bucketful of unwanted bass geared towards the average "bose/beats" consumer.

I remembered reading in a lot of places on this thread that the USB DAC function would never be brought into functionality, but I just installed it today and it works perfectly, solving this issue for me altogether.

This has made my DX50 about 10x more useful to me with just this one feature.... THANKS iBASSO! :D

I had no idea they ended up fixing this feature!

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #17,736 of 18,652
I had the same issue with mines. I tried multiple headphones and adjusting the balance. I decided to return for service through Amazon which was a nightmare. At the very last moment I decided to do a factory reset and it worked and has been fine since then. Good Luck

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #17,737 of 18,652
  So I bought my dx50 a couple months ago. Recently it sounds like the right earphone (dunu dn 1000) loses half the sound volume. And I'm pretty sure the issue is the dx50 as it doesn't seem to happen with other sources (computer). Has anyone had this happen? I'm not sure what to do.

I had the same issue with mines. I tried multiple headphones and adjusting the balance. I decided to return for service through Amazon which was a nightmare. At the very last moment I decided to do a factory reset and it worked and has been fine since then. Good Luck

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #17,738 of 18,652
My DX50 recently started doing this thing where the physical forward button would barely function properly. Now it won't work at all. I'm wondering what I need to do to send it in and get it fixed. I bought it at the end of July, so I'm not sure if the warranty is still good. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #17,739 of 18,652
My DX50 recently started doing this thing where the physical forward button would barely function properly. Now it won't work at all. I'm wondering what I need to do to send it in and get it fixed. I bought it at the end of July, so I'm not sure if the warranty is still good. Thanks.

They have a one year warranty and from what I have read you contact the seller, which should take care of it. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #17,740 of 18,652

Thank you for your confirmations people. I am looking forward to it even more now. One last question though, do you guys think if it can drive HD 650s to a reasonable level? (I am not expecting miracles anyway)

Yes you can but I would suggest an amp. Also line out of DX50 is better,

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #17,741 of 18,652
  Finally got time to finish PANAMOD: http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/240#post_11863288

SU 1.3.3 @ FLAC/ IIR off/ CPU default + PANAMOD = "insanely" great SQ
tongue.gif
Highly recommended mod!

Nice..

curious, i'm doing experiment with NDFF V3, some people said the V3 is NDFFF with no fatigue in high, and how i'm surprised its sound very good with my DX50 with BG caps upgrade.. and it support gapless! But i cant say it sounds better than the legendary SU 1.3.3, both have special sound signature, so i like both
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, DX80 is so sexy...
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #17,743 of 18,652
If You can afford - get Cayin C5. Seems to have positive feedback paired with DX50.

curious, i'm doing experiment with NDFF V3, some people said the V3 is NDFFF with no fatigue in high, and how i'm surprised its sound very good with my DX50 with BG caps upgrade.. and it support gapless! But i cant say it sounds better than the legendary SU 1.3.3, both have special sound signature, so i like both

More details welcome vs. SU 1.3.3

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #17,744 of 18,652
  WOW!!!

I just installed the drivers for using the DX50 as a USB dac today!

Lately I've been using my new laptop for work and play a lot, but I have definitely noticed that the manufacturer has tweaked the acoustics of the onboard audio chip, despite it just being the basic realtek driver. I have avoided listening to music extensively on my laptop due to this, for it is actually very very noticeable that they boosted the bass quantity quite a ridiculous amount. It actually makes my head hurt after a while when I'm simply listening to some youtube videos and all I can hear is a bucketful of unwanted bass geared towards the average "bose/beats" consumer.

I remembered reading in a lot of places on this thread that the USB DAC function would never be brought into functionality, but I just installed it today and it works perfectly, solving this issue for me altogether.

This has made my DX50 about 10x more useful to me with just this one feature.... THANKS iBASSO! :D

I had no idea they ended up fixing this feature!

Yeah, I bought mine thinking it would be a nice feature to use and was a little bit disappointed when it didn't 'just work' with Linux. Since the 1.9.3 firmware, it's working well and was a nice surprise to find it works with my RuneAudio/RaspberryPi setup. Really nice.

Companies should take note that continued firmware and driver updates are an important after-sales element of a product that will help retain custom and should be kept at a high priority. Those who 'flog and forget' generally only get my cash once, as very few ever put out a flawless product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back