The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 12, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #17,761 of 18,652
Make sure that You have set Your sound options to 16/44 from PC, then there shouldn`t be any lag.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #17,763 of 18,652
Hmmm... are You sure that correct sound source has been selected from inside game setting menu?

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #17,764 of 18,652
Ok found the batch tool, downloaded it. Opened the instructions, pushed down the + volume and held down while plugging in USB. again, the same error

USB Device not recognized

Before I could not see the internal memory, computer would only recognize Ibasso if MicroSD card was in, and only could read the MicroSD

Did a wipe and factory reset

I now can see the internal memory on the storage screen but cannot recognize the USB device at all. Will not recognize even if the MicroSD card is installed.

James

So I'm having the exact same issue, I already tried upgrading and factory rest, it doesn't help, the player still thinks 0 out of 0 memory remains. So what it this wipe that you did using the batch tool? 

UPDATE: I installed the tool, the drivers, turned on the tool, it was in chinese, I didn't notice the note in the documentation "this button changes language" so instead I had to guess which row in the ini file changes the language. I successfully did that, turned on the tool, it was showing my device [1] in green, first I pressed restore, and that resulted in some sort of error and my player became completely unresponsive.

It was not showing any image at all, I could hear the clicking when it was turning on and off but that's about it. So I connected it to the batch tool again and upgraded to the most recent stock firmware (no rockbox). That's when it finally started recognizing the internal storage both in the player and via USB. My cable is fine I guess so I didn't have any further issues after that. I proceeded to upgrade to the firmwre with rockbox dual boot and placed the rockbox itself in the root of the device's internal storage. Everything finally seems to be working. 

I bought the player from Amazon, refurbrished. I guess whoever refurbrished it didn't do it right. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #17,765 of 18,652
I bought from amazon,a sony camcorder for 1300 usd used as new...when arrived,the image had 2 black dots which got bigger when zoom in.at sony service they told me that the image senzor has dead pixels,and I have to replace it if I i want to get rid of those black dots!I contacted amazon,few times...be very angry and not satisfied with their services,and you'll get some money back...I got 310 usd back for their fault...the cost of senzor was around 280 usd!!!

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #17,767 of 18,652
One of the only significant problems with the DX50 (or mine, at least) is that when it's powered on, there's always a very loud *pop* sound that forces me to unplug my headphones every time I want to turn the thing on.

What's the cause of this, and could it be fixed by firmware?

EDIT: Nevermind, this was posted about previously and I found it now

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #17,768 of 18,652
I think that there is no firmware solving this. That is why i made a hardware modification for this : http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/135#post_11251231
Also with rockbox there is the possibility to not start playback immediately after power up, then the pop is much softer.

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #17,770 of 18,652
Hi,
I got a DX50 and has been using it as the player for my amp. The amp has been broken, awaiting replacement. I then pair the DAP with my headphone, then I found out that the HO is really boring sound, not musical and not engaging. It sounds worse than my old player. Is this DAP inferior in HO amp or I got a bad copy?
Many thanks,

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #17,771 of 18,652
Does the poping sound have any pernament effect on the unit itself?

it doesnt give effect to your dx50 but it can effect your cans if your cans super sensitive

Hi,
I got a DX50 and has been using it as the player for my amp. The amp has been broken, awaiting replacement. I then pair the DAP with my headphone, then I found out that the HO is really boring sound, not musical and not engaging. It sounds worse than my old player. Is this DAP inferior in HO amp or I got a bad copy?
Many thanks,

it musically if you mod HO and LO capasitor, dual opamp, and 2 single opamp.
and after mod dont use stock firmware because the sound will bad

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #17,773 of 18,652
  Thanks so much for your reply. I am not technically good at modding DX50 yet, probably I may sell it for another one with better amp stage, or maybe just stick it with an external amp.

for amp better alo natinal at minimum

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #17,774 of 18,652
  One of the only significant problems with the DX50 (or mine, at least) is that when it's powered on, there's always a very loud *pop* sound that forces me to unplug my headphones every time I want to turn the thing on.

What's the cause of this, and could it be fixed by firmware?

EDIT: Nevermind, this was posted about previously and I found it now

Jimmy.  Hi. So there could be two different things going on.
A physical click that you can hear on the device is a protection relay circuit.  You can hear them click without having any earphones in your ears. This is normal.
Another issue is a loud sound coming through your headphones themselves.  If that is the case, then I suggest contacting iBasso.  I seem to remember reading of one or two issues like that in this 17k message monstrosity of a thread.  (or in the 2 different DX90 threads.  I've been on all since the beginning.)

So depending on which one you have, should determine your direction.  Physical click.  Normal operating condition.  LOUD POP IN THE EAR - contact iBasso.

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #17,775 of 18,652
  Jimmy.  Hi. So there could be two different things going on.
A physical click that you can hear on the device is a protection relay circuit.  You can hear them click without having any earphones in your ears. This is normal.
Another issue is a loud sound coming through your headphones themselves.  If that is the case, then I suggest contacting iBasso.  I seem to remember reading of one or two issues like that in this 17k message monstrosity of a thread.  (or in the 2 different DX90 threads.  I've been on all since the beginning.)

So depending on which one you have, should determine your direction.  Physical click.  Normal operating condition.  LOUD POP IN THE EAR - contact iBasso.

I have the POP as well and to the best of my knowledge it is "somewhat" normal. Modding the DX50/DX90 is in order to get rid of it. If I remember correctly you have to add a resistor parallel to the Cap to allow the charge to "burn off" when you switch the device on.

This is somewhere in this thread....

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back