The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #17,462 of 18,652
Sometimes I wonder what ppl are doing with all that music, are they listening to it actually or just hearing as life goes by 
rolleyes.gif

I mean nothing wrong with that but it makes me wonder. I listen very different genres and I have all my very favourites on 2x 64gb mSD cards (one is still half empty), all 16/44 FLAC and there`s roughly about ~3500 songs maximum. Still free room for future favourites and I`m not expecting it to fill up any time near future, there just aren`t so much great things coming out for my tastes. 
Despite all those albums being my very favourites, I hardly listen to half of it during 3-5 months.
I used to be person quite long time ago who was keeping everything I got from the internet in the player but now I have mostly only albums I have actually bought and ripped myself. What I`m trying to say with it all... well... nothing actually. Just thinking out loud
smile.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #17,463 of 18,652
  Sometimes I wonder what ppl are doing with all that music, are they listening to it actually or just hearing as life goes by 
rolleyes.gif

I mean nothing wrong with that but it makes me wonder. I listen very different genres and I have all my very favourites on 2x 64gb mSD cards (one is still half empty), all 16/44 FLAC and there`s roughly about ~3500 songs maximum. Still free room for future favourites and I`m not expecting it to fill up any time near future, there just aren`t so much great things coming out for my tastes. 
Despite all those albums being my very favourites, I hardly listen to half of it during 3-5 months.
I used to be person quite long time ago who was keeping everything I got from the internet in the player but now I have mostly only albums I have actually bought and ripped myself. What I`m trying to say with it all... well... nothing actually. Just thinking out loud
smile.gif

From reading you'll see people say absolutely, they listen to everything on their 5000gb harddrives. 
wink_face.gif

But I think the accuracy is - its just a feeling of certainty and 'look how big my penis is' to carry it all at once. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #17,464 of 18,652
Btw, got my Poscaps today and will start to tinker with the PANAMOD soon: http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/225#post_11726016

HO opamps still not come yet.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #17,465 of 18,652
rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

I have my approach to that - I have a gazillionbyte of some music on my SG Note 4 and on the DX50 I use maximum 8GB on purpose. This way I can focus on my music on the DX50 instead of focusing on what to choose or what to listen next - every 5 min.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #17,466 of 18,652
  I have my approach to that - I have a gazillionbyte of some music on my SG Note 4 and on the DX50 I use maximum 8GB on purpose. This way I can focus on my music on the DX50 instead of focusing on what to choose or what to listen next - every 5 min.

yes that is nice about google music.  you can have up to 50,000 MP3s so if you ever want full access to your library you can always just jump on your Android device.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #17,467 of 18,652
Hi, I am planning to get the DX50. I heard it had lots of bugs when it first came out. Is it the same now? Also where can i buy the player, as theres only 1 seller on Amazon and i am not sure if its authorized. Thanks

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #17,468 of 18,652

From reading you'll see people say absolutely, they listen to everything on their 5000gb harddrives. 
wink_face.gif

But I think the accuracy is - its just a feeling of certainty and 'look how big my penis is' to carry it all at once. 

Wow, that's a pretty obnoxious comment.  The fact of the matter is that some of us don't want to have to close what music we
carry.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #17,469 of 18,652
Wow, that's a pretty obnoxious comment.  The fact of the matter is that some of us don't want to have to close what music we
carry.

I'm sorry if it offended you. How many GB's do you like to carry with you, just out of interest?

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #17,472 of 18,652
I tried 1.9.2 just to see how the sound compares to DOCs firmware and I was really disappointed. I can't believe how much of a difference custom firmware makes..

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #17,473 of 18,652
  I tried 1.9.2 just to see how the sound compares to DOCs firmware and I was really disappointed. I can't believe how much of a difference custom firmware makes..

Yeah it does make a difference.
i been thinking to take a stab at it... but i don't know where to start.
Any experience modders can point me in the correct direction?

Jul 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #17,474 of 18,652
I too don't really know where to start.  I feel like I'm trying to get on a spinning merry-go-round with these firmware discussions.  

Which firmware should we be looking at?  Preferably something with a low likelihood of bricking me.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #17,475 of 18,652
No Firmware can possibly break your DX50 unless you fried it with oil when upgrading the firmware. On a more serious note though, either 1.3.3 SU for warm, relaxing sound or New Doc Favourite Final Firmware (latest one) for incredible Detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back