The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #17,491 of 18,652
  Anybody has Ibasso support contact email? Sadly I got a problem with the screen. Dead pixels :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I tried everything mentioned here (removing battery,  factory reset, soft shake) but nothing changed.

A friend bought my unit in NY (B&H) and I'm in Chile. So I don't have a clue of what to do.

Hopefully I can make use of the warranty somehow.

You can contact us directly but the normal method is to send it to the original seller and they will replace it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 3, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #17,493 of 18,652
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 3, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #17,494 of 18,652
  We now have the new FW for the DX50 ready for download. 1.9.3

Thanks iBasso, to continue serving customers.

I upgraded to 1.9.3. Made factoryreset and Rescan the library. But there is a problem, I have several dff files and dsf downloaded from this page: "http://www.soundliaison.com/index.php" and dsf smoothly, but the dff to select the player freezes and no you can play anything, I have to restart by pressing the power button for a few seconds.

Reproduce these files without problems on other players, JRiver, aimp3.
Someone else happens ?.

Regards.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #17,497 of 18,652
The new firmware works great with linux.
It does not need any further configuration and the sound quality is great.
One thing that annoys me a bit is the incredible high delay of sometimes more than 2-3 seconds (under Windows).
This is no problem for just listening to music, but for many other applications.

My netbook likes the DX50
beyersmile.png

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #17,499 of 18,652
You need Windows OS for RKBatchTool unfortunately. Player/device doesn`t show up at all in USB root hub list?
If RKBT won`t help, then You are probably out of options I quess. Maybe contact iBasso and they can help?

One thing that annoys me a bit is the incredible high delay of sometimes more than 2-3 seconds (under Windows).
This is no problem for just listening to music, but for many other applications.

Under windows it also has lag with some applications (especially those that don`t support ASIO, KSP or WASAPI.
Under linux, check if it is using pulseaudio. If it is, kill the process and use ALSA.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #17,500 of 18,652
Ok so I've found some instructions here:

http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image

but they assume that one is pretty techy. I know how to use CLI but this doesn't really make any sense. Any Linux users able to help?

Jul 4, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #17,501 of 18,652

I run Linux, and am struggling to install either rkflashtool or rkflashkit. And anyway, how am I going to do anything if the player is not even registering on the computer when plugged in?

Can you tell us what lead to this? (Like what you did before it happened). Btw, try turning it on for a while, wait a little and press the power button again, the screen should show up. Mine has a weird issue of losing the "Logo screen bootup" for some unknown reason, but the player still function if I did the above, and the only way to fix it is to wait for it to turn off itself, then the next time it works normally. Once I encountered this bug even the recovery screen doesn't show up.

My netbook likes the DX50 
beyersmile.png

Dat nyan cat tho. How??????????????

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #17,502 of 18,652

Dat nyan cat tho. How??????????????

This is just a background.
You can put a 320x240 "Wallpaper.png" in the root folder and it will be used as background.

This was just some wallpaper that fitted well and i resized it and set the brightness correctly to make it look like it is behind the user interface.

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #17,503 of 18,652

Can you tell us what lead to this? (Like what you did before it happened). Btw, try turning it on for a while, wait a little and press the power button again, the screen should show up. Mine has a weird issue of losing the "Logo screen bootup" for some unknown reason, but the player still function if I did the above, and the only way to fix it is to wait for it to turn off itself, then the next time it works normally. Once I encountered this bug even the recovery screen doesn't show up.

The only thing I did differently was leave it to charge for longer than I usually do.

Your trick doesn't work for me unfortunately.

It's totally stuck on the startup screen, and stays on until it runs out of battery unless you keep the off button pressed for a number of seconds.

Since you mention it, it had been bringing up the recovery screen periodically for no apparent reason...

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #17,504 of 18,652

The only thing I did differently was leave it to charge for longer than I usually do.

Your trick doesn't work for me unfortunately.

It's totally stuck on the startup screen, and stays on until it runs out of battery unless you keep the off button pressed for a number of seconds.

Since you mention it, it had been bringing up the recovery screen periodically for no apparent reason...

The same thing happened to me when I was using SUEX. On my laptop with Linux this is what I use: http://radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image#Linux

It has the software you need as well as instructions and troubleshooting.

Jul 5, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #17,505 of 18,652
Hi, I wrote to iBasso and they gave me the following instructions to get into recovery mode, which for some reason they don't seem to have included in the manual:

1, press and hold both of the power and vol+ buttons for 5 second, then you can entry the recovery mode. 
2, use the vol+ and vol- to move the highlight to "wipe date/factory reset".
3, click the power button to select.

So I had to wipe internal storage and settings but at least it now works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back