The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 21, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #17,388 of 18,652
Docs firmware here you may have to click next to the spoiler button to see it all

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ru&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fplayer.ru%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D139417%26s%3D24c55e0036539c8ef5b01a878f6706db

I am using the Mega Sound Explosion myself at the moment and find it better for my personal listening than su 1.3.3.

I used the su software for quite a while some styles of music sounded good and others sterile and lacking in something I can only describe as musicality.

My tastes vary from Opera to The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Epica, Within Temptation, Kosheen, Faithless, Ren Harvieu and David Bowie.

Most formats are Flac but some older stuff in mp3.

I was getting a little despondant till I tried the MSE so for anyone who has doubts about the DX50 try different firmware.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #17,391 of 18,652
Can someone send me a link to the Suex Firmware did a search couldnt find it.Thanks Joe

SUEX is reportedly buggy, but I had no problems in my case. A bug will take a restart or a fresh re-flash in worst case. Here you go with the authors comment: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-9-2/15825#post_11149759

After flashing ALWAYS reset the system and rescan the library with ANY firmware.

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #17,393 of 18,652
Thanks Yanec for the link will give it a try.

It has a warm-up effect for several minutes in Dmitry's words so mind that before critical listening and enjoy! My personal findings are that SUEX is more dynamic yet analogue and undistorted than any other FW. It has less sibilant treble and by far the best mids - it makes vocals very special(this is where audiophile differs from neutral/flat for me) the bass is very detailed and textured yet it is really hard hitting when present in the recording - the heaviest of any SU or original FW but with no slowish or distorted feeling . The minuses are that it delivers an intimate sound stage so if someone wants a lot of stage width/depth, a lot of layering, more presence or very energetic treble he must look elsewhere.

Cheers!

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #17,394 of 18,652
Yanec, thank you for your reply!

I am glad to know you think its performance is overall decent.
I feel surprised you mentioned Ifi iDSD micro, it's more than two times as expensive as DX50, it'd better be way superior..

Sad to know you believe iBasso does not have enough power to drive orthodynamic cans. Especially HE-400i with its 107 dB sensitivity 
frown.gif

Did you have both HE-400i and DX50 at one time?

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #17,395 of 18,652
Yanec, thank you for your reply!

I am glad to know you think its performance is overall decent.
I feel surprised you mentioned Ifi iDSD micro, it's more than two times as expensive as DX50, it'd better be way superior..

Sad to know you believe iBasso does not have enough power to drive orthodynamic cans. Especially HE-400i with its 107 dB sensitivity :frowning2:
Did you have both HE-400i and DX50 at one time?

But how could I answer if I didn't have the orthos and the DX50 at the same time? The DX50 is ok with the HE400i at high gain and max volume but far from loud. May sound strange but on the DX50 high gain delivers worse sonics compared to mid gain (especially the treble) so this is already a reason for me to skip using the DX50 with hard to drive phones.

I compared the DX50 to both a telephone with a Wolfson dac(like the DX50) which most people already have in their pocket and a British design with supreme engeneering and a TI BB dac as a low and a high reference points.

Cheers!

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #17,396 of 18,652

Can someone send me a link to the Suex Firmware did a search couldnt find it.Thanks Joe

A bug will take a restart or a fresh re-flash in worst case. 

Dmitry told me that only re-flash will fix broken libraries and restart doesn`t help. That`s why I didn`t keep using it. I had crash 2 times and after crash changing bootup menu settings didn`t work. Only re-flash helped. And if I remember correctly then during re-flash I also saw first time somekind blue-screened menu, I was littlebit scared that I bricked my unit but luckily DX50 is basically impossible to brick. RKBatchTool will always help :wink:

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #17,397 of 18,652
Dmitry told me that only re-flash will fix broken libraries and restart doesn`t help. That`s why I didn`t keep using it. I had crash 2 times and after crash changing bootup menu settings didn`t work. Only re-flash helped.

I don't remember exactly if I ever had a problem with it(probably not), but I remember that I never had to reflash it.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #17,398 of 18,652
Yanec,Coil listerning to SUEX FIRMWARE for the last 3 hours on different cans and iems no stabiliy problems yet.
DX50 will probably play up now ive stated that.
Really like the base on this version.Will listern all day tomorrow to get a good feel for it.
When ever i do a Firmware change i play Dark Side Of The Moon to give me first impressions and i like what im hearing so far.
Thanks again fir your advice.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #17,399 of 18,652
Yanec,Coil listerning to SUEX FIRMWARE for the last 3 hours on different cans and iems no stabiliy problems yet.

DX50 will probably play up now ive stated that.

Really like the base on this version.Will listern all day tomorrow to get a good feel for it.

When ever i do a Firmware change i play Dark Side Of The Moon to give me first impressions and i like what im hearing so far.

Thanks again fir your advice.

You are welcome Joe! On SUEX I recommend FLAC only, IRR OFF, MID GAIN ...the EQ doesn't work anyway so no advice on turning it off this time:)

Enjoy and remember to try more of your favorite vocal tracks on SUEX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back