The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #15,826 of 18,652
Get the DX90 for on the move, and the mx1 for at home, you might as well get it over and done with now.
If you can't afford both, get one and save for the other, otherwise you'll get the DX 50 and have a big
"what if" hanging over you.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #15,829 of 18,652
Guess it`s mooded FW then... Go back to FW with what problems didn`t occur and see if problem stays.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #15,830 of 18,652
Im still sold on SU 1.3.3 sound is still best to my ears still very netural sounding 1.4 isnt that far behind at all personal preference IMO

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #15,831 of 18,652
I've had issues with m3u playlist importing with the latest firmware (1.6.0) and was happy with the working function in sound_unlocked 1.3.3, but they removed it with 1.4.0. So I e-mailed ibasso about it and they gave me some suggestions to help. It worked, but I had to figure a few things out to get it work flawlessly. If you make playlists in Foobar save them as .m3u (not .m3u8) in the root of the SD Card (obviously the relative path should point to the files) and then I did this:

append:
/mnt/external_sd/
to the start of each line.
So each line should look like:
/mnt/external_sd/Folder/Filename.flac

You can do this quickly in Notepad++ by holding down Alt+Shift and drag your mouse down the beginning of each line in the playlist and just paste that in. You will also have to convert any backslashes (\) to forward slashes (/) with Ctrl-H (find & replace). After that I would go to the "Encoding" menu in N++ and make sure the playlist is UTF-8 (or UTF-8 without BOM) if you have music files that need it (like Japanese kana). Save to the root of the SD Card and browse to it in the Directory menu on the DX50 and it should work. It did for me at last.

Edit: If some songs aren't showing up on playlists that you import it might be because they have not been scanned into the DX50's library. I had a few tracks not showing up and it was because they hadn't been scanned. I also found if you saved the playlists in .m3u8 you can just rename them to .m3u and they'll automatically be UTF-8 encoded by Foobar.

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #15,833 of 18,652
Hi I'm new in Headfi. Did anyone try the new DOC''S FFUF FW? I'm using SU1.4. both SU1.4 and SU1.3.3 are very good but I hope there will be new FW between SU1.4 and SU1.3.3  

Hi bertwong welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet. All Doc stuff is amazing, I've tried them all but because I just updated to the latest DX-50 firmware, I have been out of his offering. I will most likely come back to them latter.

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #15,834 of 18,652
  Hi I'm new in Headfi. Did anyone try the new DOC''S FFUF FW? I'm using SU1.4. both SU1.4 and SU1.3.3 are very good but I hope there will be new FW between SU1.4 and SU1.3.3  

What`s wrong with SU 1.3.3 ? 
biggrin.gif
 What do You mean by "between"? Describe what is "wrong" with both of them and then maybe we can suggest something.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #15,835 of 18,652
biggrin.gif
 What do You mean by "between"? Describe what is "wrong" with both of them and then maybe we can suggest something.

Hi Coil, the vocal of SU1.3.3 is the best I have tried but SU1.4 is more natural and seems the sound more soft and wider than SU1.3.3. So I want something can have both characteristic. Maybe I should back to SU1.3.3 for a longer testing. btw I have stone ears...
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #15,836 of 18,652
Hi bertwong welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet. All Doc stuff is amazing, I've tried them all but because I just updated to the latest DX-50 firmware, I have been out of his offering. I will most likely come back to them latter.

Hi musicheaven, I have tried to update the FFUF after updated and factory reset I can't play any music and it just support English.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #15,837 of 18,652

biggrin.gif

Hi Coil, the vocal of SU1.3.3 is the best I have tried but SU1.4 is more natural and seems the sound more soft and wider than SU1.3.3. So I want something can have both characteristic. Maybe I should back to SU1.3.3 for a longer testing. btw I have stone ears...
biggrin.gif

I find 1.4 be narrower and more pushed foward soundstage. Maybe it is difference in HP soundstage capabilities? 

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #15,838 of 18,652
Sound Unlocked "an audiophile must suffer :)" series presents an experimental software with very good SQ(afm better than 1.4.0/1.3.3):
  1. opened natural soundstage (great with my hd25-II)
  2. based on original 1.2.2 because of the old platform has ability to use low CPU/voltage settings
so, all SU optimizations included + low cpu/voltage patches + some performance tweaks.

original 1.2.2 has ugly interface and some usability problems(that were fixed in next original versions) but if you wanna test SQ it's not a problem.

notices:
  1. "FLAC only" is enabled by default
  2. the firmware is influenced by warming-up effect: from the cold start/listening a fw with other voltage params, it takes some minutes to achieve the working stable conditions ©

Enjoy/suffer -  https://mega.co.nz/#!jMsAjRKY!9wyt0_sNfe6G3zHTFGf5JAxJKcnhnVDMMnfGSc0gOWQ

I'll try to port an original 1.6.0 after New Year. So if you are not an experienced user you should wait :)

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #15,839 of 18,652
  Sound Unlocked "an audiophile must suffer :)" series presents an experimental software with very good SQ(afm better than 1.4.0/1.3.3):
  1. opened natural soundstage (great with my hd25-II)
  2. based on original 1.2.2 because of the old platform has ability to use low CPU/voltage settings
so, all SU optimizations included + low cpu/voltage patches + some performance tweaks.

original 1.2.2 has ugly interface and some usability problems(that were fixed in next original versions) but if you wanna test SQ it's not a problem.

notices:
  1. "FLAC only" is enabled by default
  2. the firmware is influenced by warming-up effect: from the cold start/listening a fw with other voltage params, it takes some minutes to achieve the working stable conditions ©

Enjoy/suffer -  https://mega.co.nz/#!jMsAjRKY!9wyt0_sNfe6G3zHTFGf5JAxJKcnhnVDMMnfGSc0gOWQ

I'll try to port an original 1.6.0 after New Year. So if you are not an experienced user you should wait :)

Wow sq is good interface a bit buggy

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #15,840 of 18,652
I've been listening to the new SU based off of 1.2.2 and so far I am very impressed. I'm noticing that it affects my AD900X and ES700 much differently. With my ES700 I find it to sound much more analogue than any of the previous version. It is very warm, but open as well. The bass is ******* amazing! The sub bass a HUGE improvement which has been my gripe with the DX50 since the beginning. Bass guitars sound ultra realistic and bass drops when listening to The Browning dig deep and slam hard. More impressions on the way as my AD900X is affected very differently which I am finding interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back