The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 21, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #15,841 of 18,652
But with any of my headphones using the HO and the LO the sound is more organic and realistic sounding to my ears than anything I have heard out of my DX50. I wonder how the IRR setting will sound with this firmware...

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #15,842 of 18,652
anyone notice there no system update on FW 1.6???

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #15,844 of 18,652
  I wonder how the IRR setting will sound with this firmware...

Not so good as FLAC+IIR OFF, imho. Haven`t had time to properly compare it to SU 1.3.3 but I liked what I heard. First impressions told me like drum kick was littlebit improved and soundstage has less air (but its large though). But unfortune it is experimental and old, sluggish FW with so few options. Atm back to 1.3.3 but will do more comparing when I have time.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #15,845 of 18,652
Hey guys!

After updating to 1.6 my pc & laptop is no longer recognizing my DX50, either as DAC or storage. I've already tested it with other pc (both work and neighbors) so I can only assume that it is the DX50. Unfortunately, whenever I try to restore to factory settings nothing happens, even the loaded music is still there.

Do you know any solution guys? I can't load another firmware due since it's not being recognized by ANY pc/laptop

Thanks!

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #15,847 of 18,652
Take out the battery while the device is on....

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #15,849 of 18,652
I had the same when I upgraded. You need to do a factory reset - then it will work fine again. Try taking out the battery while it's switched on, then try the factory reset....

Cheers,
K

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #15,850 of 18,652
  Hey guys!

After updating to 1.6 my pc & laptop is no longer recognizing my DX50, either as DAC or storage. I've already tested it with other pc (both work and neighbors) so I can only assume that it is the DX50. Unfortunately, whenever I try to restore to factory settings nothing happens, even the loaded music is still there.

Quote:
  I had the same when I upgraded. You need to do a factory reset - then it will work fine again. Try taking out the battery while it's switched on, then try the factory reset....

Cheers,
K

Hi Mr. Koolpep,

As I've stated, factory reset does nothing. I've tried taking out the battery while it's switched on, while music is playing/paused and still nothing happens. The same welcome screen of FW1.5/1.6 still appears after MANY attempts. Sending it back to where I bought it would have me DAPless for a month or so, so I'll try as many suggestions as possible.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #15,851 of 18,652
  Hey guys!

Do you know any solution guys? I can't load another firmware due since it's not being recognized by ANY pc/laptop

Thanks!

Hi. Did you turn on your DX50 before connecting to your pc? And did you set the USB setting to Storage?

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #15,853 of 18,652
  Hi. Did you turn on your DX50 before connecting to your pc? And did you set the USB setting to Storage?

My DX50 is indeed powered on and I have tried connecting it to PCs in DAC and storage mode. I have successfully used my DX50 as DAC and storage prior to FW1.6. Everything was honkidori with FW1.5, every feature works.

I suspect the new firmware because when I tried to use it as DAC, after updating, it's not recognized. So thinking this, I tried re-installing the firmware only to find out that it is no longer being recognized by my computer. Hoping to clear my computer of doubt, I tried to connect to other PCs, both Mac and Windows, but nothing happened.

So here I am in the forums trying to find my answers.

..and is the cable really ok?

I've tried with the included cable, Nokia's and Samsung's

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #15,854 of 18,652
So has anyone else had the experience that the DX50 will skip songs with apostrophes in the file name when importing an m3u playlist (i.e. they don't appear on the playlist)?  The songs show up on the player and I can play them just fine via directory, but if I have let's say a Blue Oyster Cult playlist, it'll import everything except songs like Don't Fear the Reaper.  I'm not really sure what causes this as every other character works just fine, including stuff like Japanese characters.  I've reset/reformatted/reset and that didn't help.  Also tried Sound Unlocked 1.4 but that won't even import anything other than the flac files so I didn't investigate apostrophes (dunno if that's by design or also an issue specific to me).  

I mean I guess I could just go through and remove the apostrophes from every file I have in a playlist but that'd be a bit tedious.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #15,855 of 18,652
So has anyone else had the experience that the DX50 will skip songs with apostrophes in the file name when importing an m3u playlist (i.e. they don't appear on the playlist)?  The songs show up on the player and I can play them just fine via directory, but if I have let's say a Blue Oyster Cult playlist, it'll import everything except songs like Don't Fear the Reaper.  I'm not really sure what causes this as every other character works just fine, including stuff like Japanese characters.  I've reset/reformatted/reset and that didn't help.  Also tried Sound Unlocked 1.4 but that won't even import anything other than the flac files so I didn't investigate apostrophes (dunno if that's by design or also an issue specific to me).  

I mean I guess I could just go through and remove the apostrophes from every file I have in a playlist but that'd be a bit tedious.

I haven't tried importing a playlist yet, but I have a lot of songs with apostrophes in them and I'm not about to remove them. I'm a tad OCD when it comes to tagging my files. I'll look into this later and report back what I find. I'm really enjoying SU based off of 1.2.2, so im not in the new firmware at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back