The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #14,447 of 18,652

...it is already implemented in a test SU version :)

Wait, which SU version do You mean?
I already use those  "cpu performance" changes last two days. Sound is more clear with great depth :)

In You new beta that`s not in public yet? Want to try it! 
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #14,450 of 18,652
I am already good with SU1.3.1 @ FLAC-only mode + irr off + DF slow roll-off but if there`s more improvement coming then hit it! I`m in! :wink:

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #14,451 of 18,652
  Who wanna try FW with CPU performance on DX50? :wink: See more info - http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-1st-page-to-reformat-latest-fw-download-general-information/7350#post_10744272

Didn't work for me

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #14,452 of 18,652
Blackenedplague, medmitry was talking about his soon-to-come Sound Unlocked beta test version with that DX90 CPU performance thingy.
I think he is still tweaking and messing with it to make sure it`s not buggy. Give him time to work on it properly. We don`t need more buggy FW`s :wink:

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #14,454 of 18,652
slow to respond at times

Which batch You got? Production time? FW version?

Never had any issues with slow response. Actually I`m impressed how well touchscreen and UI reacts.

Now go and try Sound Unlocked 1.3.1 @ FLAC-only mode + irr on or off + DF slow roll-off ...becomes different beast
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #14,455 of 18,652
  Which batch You got? Production time? FW version?

Never had any issues with slow response. Actually I`m impressed how well touchscreen and UI reacts.

Now go and try Sound Unlocked 1.3.1 @ FLAC-only mode + irr on or off + DF slow roll-off ...becomes different beast
wink.gif

I have no idea which batch I've gotten..no paperwork were included in the box either! NONE! :)
I downloaded Sound unlocked, will it be easily removed if I don't like it? just a simple factory reset? and what's irr?! 
Thanks mate!

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #14,456 of 18,652
  Blackenedplague, medmitry was talking about his soon-to-come Sound Unlocked beta test version with that DX90 CPU performance thingy.
I think he is still tweaking and messing with it to make sure it`s not buggy. Give him time to work on it properly. We don`t need more buggy FW`s :wink:

Oh I hear ya, the other night I spent hours trying to get my player to stop endlessly cycling on and off (it's fine now)

I have no idea which batch I've gotten..no paperwork were included in the box either! NONE! :)
I downloaded Sound unlocked, will it be easily removed if I don't like it? just a simple factory reset? and what's irr?! 
Thanks mate!

All the factory FW mods act just like they came from Ibasso in terms of ease of use

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #14,458 of 18,652
Near electronics nope (not yet) but when someone calls on my mobile and they are side-by-side, then I can hear "signal" when someone calls.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #14,460 of 18,652
Hey guys - totally new around these parts!

I just picked up a DX50 as a replacement for my Cowon X7 which recently died (And since come back to life!)

This thing is amazing so far, i really enjoy the sound on it through my Sony MDR-1R's I've got a few questions which would be awesome if some of you knowledgeable types would kindly answer!

I've tried the various custom firmwares and such - but seem to think the stock 1.5.0 sounds better to me.  Do the custom firmwares have any benefits other than tweaked SQ?

I put Rockbox on but just found it really glitchy and practically unusable on here.. everything so tiny and not too smooth to scroll through - what are the benefits of having it?  I removed it and now completely back to stock 1.5.0.

Seen IRR mentioned a few times on here - what does it mean?

I've noticed some setting in the menu under Digital Filter - sharp and slow roll off - i don't seem to be able to tell any difference on either setting - what do they do?

Thanks
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back