The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #11,641 of 18,652
Also try to do a factory reset using recovery mode by turning the unit off, and then powering it on by pressing power and volume + at the same time and select factory wipe. I suggest to remove the SD card before doing this
smily_headphones1.gif

ah no, i found the issue:

on a mac, there are the ghost files you need to get rid off with hidden cleaner 2.1

when you deplug your mp3/dac/whatever, run it through this program, and it will free every space left.

works perfectly again!

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #11,643 of 18,652
I do not want to spend money for a video or something else. I want just a quality sound. Sansa clip-z is a sound quality close to dx50?
I have a cowon c2 and Galaxy s3 and I do not like the sound of the cowon c2., I want to sound clean and clear and detailed with good soundtage
By the way I ordered the dunu dn1000

I had the DX50 and the X3 here in order to upgrade from iphone 4s to a dedicated DAP, did a test with my UM miracles and Sony XBA H3. To my ears the X3 sounded better,  I didn't keep neither of them and decided to upgrade the battery of my iphone. I exepected more.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #11,644 of 18,652
I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "output music via usb". I know they are working on both being able to function as usb dacs but I don't think they are working on making it at usb source

Sorry, I keep saying that. I mean it will be a USB dac. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #11,645 of 18,652
I thought I'd throw in my 2c on the iBasso.

I've been travelling with an iPod, Galaxy Note 2, and then 3 with the Fiio E07k, and I really wanted a better standalone DAC. I had toyed around with my mate's Cowon and the Fiio X3 - but hands down the DX50 beats it. Bought it, and have had it since Christmas - and I could not have been any happier with it.

I use the DX50 mainly for when i commute (45 minutes each way), and when I travel (fiancee lives 4 hours flight away). Mine's the 13th batch apparently.

It's been paired up with my DT990 pro, Bose QC15, ATHM50, and my westone UM3. 

The winning combo is still the DX50 and UM3. Great soundstage, warm, and that clarity! It does an okay job with the DT990, but doesn't do it for commuting. With plane rides, or even working at the cafe, the QC15 and the DX50 is just simply amazing.

I almost bought the X3 second hand off my friend, but I'm glad that I got the DX50 instead. 

There are some 'buggy' issues - like audio file name.... folder structures, and even the delay you get from pushing the buttons to get it to go 'next song'. Still, it's an awesome piece of hardware, and I'm glad that my FLAC files are getting played the way they should be.

I'm waiting on a set of CIEM to come... and that may just complete my travel rig!

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #11,646 of 18,652
  I thought I'd throw in my 2c on the iBasso.

I've been travelling with an iPod, Galaxy Note 2, and then 3 with the Fiio E07k, and I really wanted a better standalone DAC. I had toyed around with my mate's Cowon and the Fiio X3 - but hands down the DX50 beats it. Bought it, and have had it since Christmas - and I could not have been any happier with it.

I use the DX50 mainly for when i commute (45 minutes each way), and when I travel (fiancee lives 4 hours flight away). Mine's the 13th batch apparently.

It's been paired up with my DT990 pro, Bose QC15, ATHM50, and my westone UM3. 

The winning combo is still the DX50 and UM3. Great soundstage, warm, and that clarity! It does an okay job with the DT990, but doesn't do it for commuting. With plane rides, or even working at the cafe, the QC15 and the DX50 is just simply amazing.

I almost bought the X3 second hand off my friend, but I'm glad that I got the DX50 instead. 

There are some 'buggy' issues - like audio file name.... folder structures, and even the delay you get from pushing the buttons to get it to go 'next song'. Still, it's an awesome piece of hardware, and I'm glad that my FLAC files are getting played the way they should be.

I'm waiting on a set of CIEM to come... and that may just complete my travel rig!

You need the DX90 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #11,650 of 18,652
Anyone noticed with a customized wallpaper, the progress bar when playing music suddenly has a moving shadow - misaligned sliding bar?

What should be the bit depth of the wallpaper?

Nope, because my wallpaper is relatively dark. I honestly think the wallpaper should be a tone dark to prevent reading discomforts.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #11,653 of 18,652
Find the files on your disk and copy them to DX50 internal or microSD. Album art may be a problem as it might not be stored in the files but in the iTunes meta database

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #11,654 of 18,652
Find the files on your disk and copy them to DX50 internal or microSD. Album art may be a problem as it might not be stored in the files but in the iTunes meta database

Oh, I see. I suppose it should be okay for me, as the album art doesn't really bother me all that much.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back