The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #11,553 of 18,652
i looked everywhere and the best price i saw was on mp4nation. 
$260 for dx50 and some earphones + free fedex shipping. 
it was a preorder and the website said they would have it in stock on 2/22. 
i dont know if they will really have them in stock this week but if they do, im guessing i'll have my unit by next week. 
fingers crossed!

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #11,556 of 18,652
Hello!

i just got an dx50....and darrrn, i'm happy! 

Paired with the Custom Art Audio Pro330v2 it's great! Not sure yet if i'm going to amp it, i'll see. 

Anyway, I'M HAPPY

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #11,559 of 18,652
Feb 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #11,560 of 18,652
Back on stock 1.2.8. While the 1.2.8 modded with 1.2.2 sound libraries certainly had a huge soundstage it just sounded too strange to me. The stock 1.2.8 is the most natural sounding fw so far to my ears.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #11,561 of 18,652
  That comment indeed is worse than another I found in this forum about the sound difference of SD Card and CF!!!!!!! :) :) :) LOL

LOL. I could be a non-believer or ignorant like you if I have not heard the difference with my own ears. That actually explains why you broke the cable because you thought you knew what you were doing.
wink_face.gif

Funny thing is you PM me for info on diymod and here you go .... LOL

With due respect, enjoy your sd card with that 1mb/s speed and drawing extra power for the extra adapter.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #11,562 of 18,652

Well,

i have around 3000 flac + 4200 mp3, and it scans in a 10 min to 15 min max,
BUT i have lots of arabic songs and i didn't check there tags ( i don't know if they are scanned or not , my lib is not organized at all :D).

Anyway i think that 60 min is just too much in my opinion, and i guess the first place to look is the memory card speed or what ??

also i don't know if there is a way to get the number of songs from the dx50 direct or not ? but the generated folder .audio_data on the memory card with the songs db and the art work for me is like 116 mb.

Ah yeah, so the artwork, like Sorensiim said, is probably the problem. My artwork folder on the DX50 is over twice yours.

Oh well, an hour of scanning is such a small price to pay when you get high quality music afterwards!

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #11,563 of 18,652
LOL. I could be a non-believer or ignorant like you if I have not heard the difference with my own ears. That actually explains why you broke the cable because you thought you knew what you were doing. :wink_face:

Funny thing is you PM me for info on diymod and here you go .... LOL

With due respect, enjoy your sd card with that 1mb/s speed and drawing extra power for the extra adapter. :wink:

Hehe i agree! I do research for living so i literally never know what im doing! :)
Im a non believer, probably not going to paradise! Not event the headfi paradise hehehe

(not sure if the cable comment was for me though as i dont remember the link to the conversation but i might be wrong)

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #11,564 of 18,652
Back on stock 1.2.8. While the 1.2.8 modded with 1.2.2 sound libraries certainly had a huge soundstage it just sounded too strange to me. The stock 1.2.8 is the most natural sounding fw so far to my ears.

Same here. Back to 1.2.8 stock. Modded FW has a good lows and sound stage but kills the vocals.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #11,565 of 18,652
Hehe i agree! I do research for living so i literally never know what im doing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Im a non believer, probably not going to paradise! Not event the headfi paradise hehehe

(not sure if the cable comment was for me though as i dont remember the link to the conversation but i might be wrong)

Dude when it comes to this hobby, I only believe my ears not the so called research baloney. Now one thing I do know you don't know everything, otherwise you wouldn't PMed me and asked all kinds of the questions in the diymod thread.

Of course you know what cable I was referring (didn't you thank me for the info I provided to help you?), but I am not interested in pulling out that post to embarrass you and further derail this thread. This thread doesn't need all these OT's. So I will drop this topic right here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back