The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #11,536 of 18,652
  I have been playing around with the subtle changes in SQ arising from the various different case options for the DX50 DAP. I've experimented with 1) the DX50 au naturel, 2) with the silicon case available from iBasso themselves and 3) with the stitched leather cases that are doing the rounds on eBay.

(...)

This is perhaps not a surprise, as we Head-Fiers have long known that whether it be tubes, cables, firmware or, indeed, cases, if you're not rolling something, you're not getting the best from your gear.

Please tell me you are just making fun of the people who are tweaking and rolling everything...

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #11,541 of 18,652
Quick question for anyone with a music library containing more than a few thousand songs:
What kind of scan times are you getting?

I have 6500 songs in my library, mostly AAC and MP3, and a small amount of ALAC. All tags are clean, and no extra files are on the card. Yet, my scan time is just under 60 minutes. Anyone else experiencing times like that?

I'm thinking it could be the fact that every song has its own album artwork, rather than a single artwork file for an entire album. Not sure though.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #11,542 of 18,652
  Quick question for anyone with a music library containing more than a few thousand songs:

I have 6500 songs in my library, mostly AAC and MP3, and a small amount of ALAC. All tags are clean, and no extra files are on the card. Yet, my scan time is just under 60 minutes. Anyone else experiencing times like that?

I'm thinking it could be the fact that every song has its own album artwork, rather than a single artwork file for an entire album. Not sure though.

Every single image is resized and saved as a thumbnail by the DX50. I'm pretty sure you've found the reason for those long scan times.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #11,543 of 18,652

Well,

i have around 3000 flac + 4200 mp3, and it scans in a 10 min to 15 min max,
BUT i have lots of arabic songs and i didn't check there tags ( i don't know if they are scanned or not , my lib is not organized at all :D).

Anyway i think that 60 min is just too much in my opinion, and i guess the first place to look is the memory card speed or what ??

also i don't know if there is a way to get the number of songs from the dx50 direct or not ? but the generated folder .audio_data on the memory card with the songs db and the art work for me is like 116 mb.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #11,544 of 18,652

Completely off topic, but I do like Spede
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #11,546 of 18,652
Hi All.
I'm currently using the DX50  = > connected via line out to  = > ALO National.
Thought of adding an extra 24bit dac, the iBasso D42 Mamba to connect it via the COX out. and than back to the National via Phone out of the Mamba.
What difference an EXTRENAL  Dual Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip will have on the sound? bigger? the same?
Be happy to hear your thoughts.....

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #11,549 of 18,652
Where I could buy the dx50 cheap price? I know sometimes there are discount and sell them at $ 200
thnks

At USD 239, it is already a bargain considering you are getting superior sound than most DAP in the market.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back