The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #7,937 of 18,652
I got mine today too. The angles plug seems a little wonky too as the connection isnt always working. Not rly a but deal as it works. Just otta b careful. It has warantee tho

I got my DX50 from MP4nation today and thankfully it works well. My free R3 do not work though, the cable has a break somewhere :/

I got my refund from ibasso today and placed an order on mp4nation. How long does it take before they ship?

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #7,939 of 18,652
Hi jaredudu, burtomr, cotnijoe. I have the same problem with the R3 jack when I first plug them in. Turn out to be a dirty plug and cleaning it solves the problem. Kontak cleaner if you have or just rub it down with a soft cloth. Try it if you haven't and see if this helps.

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #7,940 of 18,652
So I got my DX 50 yesterday. Very pleased with it so far. The build quality is really quite good and the my listening experience on the go has greatly improved. It's definitely got the most out of my Klipsch S4as but I can definitely see some new IEMs that are more capable in the medium-term. 

I've also got it plugged into my headphone dac/amp via the coaxial output which works  a treat. I'm actually quite intrigued to see if I can use the line-out to connect to the amp and use the DX50's DAC instead. Not sure how to do that or if it would be better..

Quick picture of my at-home set-up, with my DA&T dac/amp and HE-500s. Very nice!

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #7,941 of 18,652
  If they have it in stock it will ship the same/next day. You may need to wait for the next batch to come in if they are already sold. Actual shipping was extremely fast... http://i.imgur.com/Qgxl4wU.jpg

Good to hear. I checked with them through their website online chat. They told me they have stock. I assume if it made the cut-off, i might get it on Monday. extremely excited^^.

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #7,942 of 18,652
Hi jaredudu, burtomr, cotnijoe. I have the same problem with the R3 jack when I first plug them in. Turn out to be a dirty plug and cleaning it solves the problem. Kontak cleaner if you have or just rub it down with a soft cloth. Try it if you haven't and see if this helps.

I tried contact cleaner and it seemed to fix the problem :)

I wonder what the deal is, I had to wipe it down pretty extensively to get whatever was on it off.

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #7,943 of 18,652

I wonder what the deal is, I had to wipe it down pretty extensively to get whatever was on it off.

I'm also wondering what's the deal is but and it was also the same with my RHA MA750. Anyway, I've always make it a point to clean all connectors first whenever there's sound cutting out issue to determine if it's a dirty connection. Lesson learnt with my Shure's mmxc connectors. Glad you hot it working.

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #7,944 of 18,652
Hey guys I just received my ibasso about a week ago and opened it today and wow it sounds so much different compared to the creative zen xfi 2 I have.

I am playing music held on a 64gb sandisk ultra. How do I add all the music to the playlist? It seems like under all music the folder which I played are added?

Thank you

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #7,945 of 18,652
Hey guys I just received my ibasso about a week ago and opened it today and wow it sounds so much different compared to the creative zen xfi 2 I have.

I am playing music held on a 64gb sandisk ultra. How do I add all the music to the playlist? It seems like under all music the folder which I played are added?

Thank you

What took u so long to open it?? Haha

If u go to the song. Next to the shuffle button is a [+] button. Use tht to add to a playlist

Seems magical... Ill try that too!!! Weird that ALL of the plugs r dirty though...

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #7,947 of 18,652
I find that pairing the DX50 with different headphones and iems can be quite selective...not everything works well.

My ASG-2 sounds surprisingly thin and with fairly harsh treble paired with the DX50, which was a bit surprising. I have no clue... my wild guess is that it might be due to the sensitivity of the 2 BA drivers? On the other hand, the R3 pairs quite beautifully with the DX50 and i think i might prefer the R3 with the DX50 over the ASG-2.

Really hoping my incoming rendition 1 changes that...

what have people been pairing with their DX50?

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #7,948 of 18,652
I find that pairing the DX50 with different headphones and iems can be quite selective...not everything works well.

My ASG-2 sounds surprisingly thin and with fairly harsh treble paired with the DX50, which was a bit surprising. I have no clue... my wild guess is that it might be due to the sensitivity of the 2 BA drivers? On the other hand, the R3 pairs quite beautifully with the DX50 and i think i might prefer the R3 with the DX50 over the ASG-2.

Really hoping my incoming rendition 1 changes that...

what have people been pairing with their DX50?

RE400s = bad
XBA3 = so so
GR07 BE = good
UE900 = great
TH600 = outstanding
HD600 = ok
Mad dogs = quite good
HE500 = ok

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #7,949 of 18,652
Yup, I'm in Vancouver.
I bought mine from MP4Nation back in the 8th batch, with the free R3 headphones. Cost $250 CAN to my door.
I thought I got off with no fees, but I got a letter in the mail from FedEx.. Have to pay taxes on the declared value, which is $20, from MP4Nation. I also have to pay a $10 Advancement fee. Total of about $13. Not too bad, considering I also had the R3 headphones. Apparently I may be able to get them to waive the advancement fee, if I sign up for an account, or something of the like.
Either way, final cost of around $265 CAN. Pretty amazing price IMO.

Thanks man,
how long did it take to you to receive your package? ( I mean from ordering till you receive your package)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back