The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #12,646 of 18,652
  If you have a chance to go balanced, then do it. The PB2 in balanced mode will probably stomp all over the BH2 in sound quality, but it's a hell of a lot less portable. Not to say that the BH2 is a bad amp as its great bang for your buck, but going balanced is just better in most every way.

I am selling my two weeks old PB2 if anyone here is interested, I bought it specifically got my DX 50 to push my 650 but I am currently reinvesting back to my desktop set up to suit my budget.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714271/wts-ibasso-pb2-silver-few-weeks-old

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #12,648 of 18,652
Is there a faster way to sync stuff from the off board card?
I ask cause none of it was showing up in "all music" until I went to the directories option and added a track from each album (which then added the whole album).

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #12,649 of 18,652
  Is there a faster way to sync stuff from the off board card?
I ask cause none of it was showing up in "all music" until I went to the directories option and added a track from each album (which then added the whole album).

Eject the card pop it back in and let it scan 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #12,651 of 18,652
I'm a happy user of the dx50, paired with some iems,se425, se535 and my best mdr-ex600
Anybody could suggest me an amp for them?
It could be great if I could buy from mp4nation cause I could use a lot of points I have there.
My main goal is to have my music played with authority, clarity, definition and with good bass extension under the 40hz.
Thanks for all here!!!!

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #12,653 of 18,652
I'm a happy user of the dx50, paired with some iems,se425, se535 and my best mdr-ex600
Anybody could suggest me an amp for them?
It could be great if I could buy from mp4nation cause I could use a lot of points I have there.
My main goal is to have my music played with authority, clarity, definition and with good bass extension under the 40hz.
Thanks for all here!!!!

If you want neutral/transparent amp with deep natural bass (non bloated) check out UHA-6SMKII or the O2. UHA-6SMKII has socketed opamps and you can try different opamps. I tried C5D, UHA-4 and PHA-1, they are not as clear and detailed as the O2 or UHA-6SMKII. For reference, I use JH16Pro, Roxanne and Beyerdynamic T1. All 3 sounds clear, detailed and impactful but natural bass.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #12,654 of 18,652
If you want neutral/transparent amp with deep natural bass (non bloated) check out UHA-6SMKII or the O2. UHA-6SMKII has socketed opamps and you can try different opamps. I tried C5D, UHA-4 and PHA-1, they are not as clear and detailed as the O2 or UHA-6SMKII. For reference, I use JH16Pro, Roxanne and Beyerdynamic T1. All 3 sounds clear, detailed and impactful but natural bass.

Thanks for the advise, I'm in mexico so that's why I was looking to mp4nation, those o2 or the UHA-6SMKII, is there an online store?
I have found nothing :frowning2:

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #12,655 of 18,652
Thanks for the advise, I'm in mexico so that's why I was looking to mp4nation, those o2 or the UHA-6SMKII, is there an online store?
I have found nothing :frowning2:

O2 is available at JDSLabs. There are other sellers of O2 online but I guess JDSLabs is the nearest to you. UHA-6SMKII is from Leckerton audio. You can buy both online.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #12,656 of 18,652
O2 is available at JDSLabs. There are other sellers of O2 online but I guess JDSLabs is the nearest to you. UHA-6SMKII is from Leckerton audio. You can buy both online.
look nice, the o2 is an desktop amp, the uha6s seems good, also a bit expensive, is there a version of portable amp without the dac?

I was seeing the fiio e12 as an alternative

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #12,657 of 18,652
iBasso PB2. Exactly the same length and almost the same width as the DX50. I think the DAC in the DX50 works well with the amp in the PB2, they both have that iBasso sound +plus theres the opportunity to go balanced and roll op-amps. It rivals desktop setups for power output and has more than enough power to drive orthos should you choose to go there. I listen to EDM mostly and that combination is great for it, the bass is tight and very controlled although not basshead material. The JDS C5 has a bass boost which shakes your skull but is not the last word in detail retrieval plus its it was too weak to drive most of my cans.

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #12,659 of 18,652
Could someone tell me how this player is running music from an external hard drive ? I have a 2.5" laptop 2TB drive and id really love to know if/how it would work with the DX50

Cheers

It'll do it via a usb OTG cable and you need external power for the disc as the DX50 cant power it

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #12,660 of 18,652
iBasso PB2. Exactly the same length and almost the same width as the DX50. I think the DAC in the DX50 works well with the amp in the PB2, they both have that iBasso sound +plus theres the opportunity to go balanced and roll op-amps. It rivals desktop setups for power output and has more than enough power to drive orthos should you choose to go there. I listen to EDM mostly and that combination is great for it, the bass is tight and very controlled although not basshead material. The JDS C5 has a bass boost which shakes your skull but is not the last word in detail retrieval plus its it was too weak to drive most of my cans.

excelent, I'm guessing it could be the one.
Is there a way I could make my items go balanced? All are cable exchangeable? Maybe is a post here about that but I have not find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back