The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #7,261 of 18,652
Just got my 9th Batch DX50 today.  Wow fast shipping from Shenzhen, China to Western KY, United States.  Received shipping notice on Nov 19 and recieved today, Nov 21.

So far so good.  It came with fw V1.2.5, since I don't have any experience with previous firmware, I'm just going to keep this.  I loaded about 100 FLAC files (with 'Folder.jpg' in each folder) onto the internal storage and I see all the files and album art.  Been listening for about the past hour and it is total bliss; a much improvement over stock iPod Classic.  Color me impressed.

I should have my 64gb SanDisk Ultra MiroSDXC ready by tomorrow, still cleaning up some files and will fill the little guy up and install tomorrow.  So we will se how that goes, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the Trampled by Turtles that I have loaded on it now.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #7,262 of 18,652
BTW, only flaw, cosmetically, I can see so far is when looking at the back of the DAP, the bottom right corner of the battery cover sticks up a bit.  I'm not going to fuss (I might even purchase an extra battery cover from ibasso if it ends up bothering me too much).  Other than that seems like a solid built piece of equipment.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #7,263 of 18,652
  Just got my 9th Batch DX50 today.  Wow fast shipping from Shenzhen, China to Western KY, United States.  Received shipping notice on Nov 19 and recieved today, Nov 21.

So far so good.  It came with fw V1.2.5, since I don't have any experience with previous firmware, I'm just going to keep this.  I loaded about 100 FLAC files (with 'Folder.jpg' in each folder) onto the internal storage and I see all the files and album art.  Been listening for about the past hour and it is total bliss; a much improvement over stock iPod Classic.  Color me impressed.

I should have my 64gb SanDisk Ultra MiroSDXC ready by tomorrow, still cleaning up some files and will fill the little guy up and install tomorrow.  So we will se how that goes, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the Trampled by Turtles that I have loaded on it now.

The v1.2.5 firmware is terrible sounding. I find the v1.2.3 is the best. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #7,264 of 18,652
  The v1.2.5 firmware is terrible sounding. I find the v1.2.3 is the best. 

I find it quite the opposite. 1.2.3b has a very overpowering bass which is masking the details in the highs and mid-highs. At least with JH16 I can't listen to it for a long time. It feels like my head keeps getting hammered. If I turn down the volume I totally lose resolution of the minor details. 1.2.5 to me sounds quite balanced and a bit of an improvement over 1.2.2 if not similar SQ-wise. But 1.2.3b  totally different from the official FW.

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #7,265 of 18,652

I find it quite the opposite. 1.2.3b has a very overpowering bass which is masking the details in the highs and mid-highs. At least with JH16 I can't listen to it for a long time. It feels like my head keeps getting hammered. If I turn down the volume I totally lose resolution of the minor details. 1.2.5 to me sounds quite balanced and a bit of an improvement over 1.2.2 if not similar SQ-wise. But 1.2.3b  totally different from the official FW.

We all have our preferences... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #7,266 of 18,652
Yeah, at least Ibasso got us all covered. Many have suggested making the sonic differences available as a selected option or an EQ preset so it's easier to switch between sound preferences without sacrificing other fixes which may not be present on older FW.

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #7,267 of 18,652
  Yeah, at least Ibasso got us all covered. Many have suggested making the sonic differences available as a selected option or an EQ preset so it's easier to switch between sound preferences without sacrificing other fixes which may not be present on older FW.

same sentiment with the DX100, but they never got that implemented :frowning2:

if only, Rockbox can be ported over the DX50 so we can adjust Treble. Bass. Stereo Width etc.. everyone can be happy IMO :wink:

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #7,269 of 18,652
BTW, only flaw, cosmetically, I can see so far is when looking at the back of the DAP, the bottom right corner of the battery cover sticks up a bit.  I'm not going to fuss (I might even purchase an extra battery cover from ibasso if it ends up bothering me too much).  Other than that seems like a solid built piece of equipment.

If you can show them through a phone picture that it's offset, they'll be more willing to send you a replacement through air mail. :wink:

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #7,273 of 18,652
Mine is flush.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #7,274 of 18,652
Thanks, musicheavan, for the advice.  Do you think this photo will do the job?

To me it would, I can see a clear gap at right bottom corner of the backplate. I've got a feeling it's been bent somehow. Most likely during the manufacturing process, shipping problem is almost improbable due to the way they pack the unit. If it was shipping, it would have been very obvious. I would definitively make a case, I am sure they don't want you to ship the whole unit for this.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #7,275 of 18,652
When your dx50 goes into a scan at startup, don`t you see a small x in the top right corner?  I just hit this x to cancel the start-up scan whenever mine tries to do it (seems to be random).  And I never have trouble playing any of my files.  . . . 

Besides the small X, one can just press the Play button and the last song played at shutdown will begin immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back