The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #7,279 of 18,652
if only, Rockbox can be ported over the DX50 so we can adjust Treble. Bass. Stereo Width etc.. everyone can be happy IMO :wink:

It's been ported to Android. The trick is getting it into the little box. I haven't sussed that, yet. No Google Play, and no working ADB connection.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #7,280 of 18,652
I'm done with this. I copy music into my SD and it copies lets say, from A to E (artists) ok, but from there to the end (Z) it just copies the folders, no files in them. I'm pissed. Anyone experiencing this? Hope some one can help me!

I've tried almost everything, formatting exFAT, FAT32, NTFS and its the same thing all the time.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #7,281 of 18,652
I'm done with this. I copy music into my SD and it copies lets say, from A to E (artists) ok, but from there to the end (Z) it just copies the folders, no files in them. I'm pissed. Anyone experiencing this? Hope some one can help me!

I've tried almost everything, formatting exFAT, FAT32, NTFS and its the same thing all the time.

Are you copying directly to the device or via a card reader?

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #7,283 of 18,652

Are you sure your card has enough space to copy all your music files from A-Z? Pretty sure it's not the DX50's fault. What is the size of your SD card and what is the total size of the files you are transferring? (A-Z).

It's either the size or it's the card or the reader is the problem 

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #7,284 of 18,652
  I find it quite the opposite. 1.2.3b has a very overpowering bass which is masking the details in the highs and mid-highs

After switching between 1.2.3b and 1.2.5 a few times I'd like to add the higher vocals (upper tenors through sopranos) to that list. Version 1.2.3b leaves them... recessed? hollow? They're being drowned out by the bass and guitars. There's something wrong when I have to strain to hear Bruce Dickenson (Iron Maiden) and Christina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) over the guitars. I'll be sticking with 1.2.5 for now.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #7,285 of 18,652

Are you sure your card has enough space to copy all your music files from A-Z? Pretty sure it's not the DX50's fault. What is the size of your SD card and what is the total size of the files you are transferring? (A-Z).

It's either the size or it's the card or the reader is the problem 

A to E is about 10gb, so its not space. I also formatted the card several times :/

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #7,287 of 18,652
  A to E is about 10gb, so its not space. I also formatted the card several times :/

What's the card's rated capacity?
What does Explorer/Finder/df say is used vs. available?
What block size did you set, if any, when you last formatted the card?
Try using a different USB port on your host. If the reader has a detachable USB cable then try a different cable as well (I've had lots of problems with miniUSB connectors over the years). Note: DX50 uses microUSB which is a more durable connector.

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #7,288 of 18,652
  What's the card's rated capacity?
What does Explorer/Finder/df say is used vs. available?
What block size did you set, if any, when you last formatted the card?
Try using a different USB port on your host. If the reader has a detachable USB cable then try a different cable as well (I've had lots of problems with miniUSB connectors over the years). Note: DX50 uses microUSB which is a more durable connector.

http://d.pr/i/f4n3

30,9gb available.

http://d.pr/i/GaQP

Thats how it shows up... :/

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #7,289 of 18,652
just wanted to let you guys know I asked iBasso for some extra screen protectors and they only charged me 5 bucks and shipping to US was only a week or less. just in case you botched your screen protector putting it on like I did.

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #7,290 of 18,652
Thanks, musicheavan, for the advice.  Do you think this photo will do the job?

Mine looks the same but on the left side. Bought from MP4Nation and wonders if they will do the same to replace the cover for me. Anyone here have dealt with MP4Nation in regards to defects. Are they good on such issues. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back