The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #392 of 18,652
The people want more impressions!
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #393 of 18,652
If you listen to classical music, how does it sound with symphonies and orchestral work? Symphonies are perhaps the most demanding for clarity, separation and stage. Try Brahms' 1st piano concerto and Chopin's 1st piano concerto - listen to the very beginning parts of both 1st movement. Let me know if congested. Sorry too much to ask. :wink_face:

You should test it with Mahler 8 finale. Overkill lol

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #394 of 18,652
You should test it with Mahler 8 finale. Overkill lol

The ones of Mahler's I listen the most are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, hardly go beyond 5.
wink_face.gif
Anyways, I am now listening to the 8 (by Zinman) on my super diyimod. It sounds excellent with great clarity and separation, using my favorite SCSCag Silver LOD. No muddy or congested sound. Actually a great piece and love the vocals. Thanks.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #395 of 18,652
I wonder if any one with both DX50 and Studio V 3rd could make a comparison re sound quality and hiss... I would love to hear any thoughts.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #398 of 18,652
I use my in ears on high gain for my portable setup.
I find it gives the music more body.
I don't do it for the volume, even though essentially that is what it is for. It just seems to really drive them.
Though my in ears are only final audio heaven iv so quite lo fi by a lot if people's standards

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #399 of 18,652
Thanks to all who have written on this product.. it is my first purchase for the portable listening of all of my newly digitized music.. Just completed the order a few moments ago.. and already can't wait to see the package arrive...

The folks here at head-fi and on this forum do a great service for all of us who have been sitting by lurking , reading all the comments and trying to evaluate.. should I ,, shouldn't I...

Well, today I joined the YES I SHOULD

Don J

Now.. on to my next purchase.. an appropriate set of headphones to enjoy this new product with

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #401 of 18,652
Thanks to all who have written on this product.. it is my first purchase for the portable listening of all of my newly digitized music.. Just completed the order a few moments ago.. and already can't wait to see the package arrive...

The folks here at head-fi and on this forum do a great service for all of us who have been sitting by lurking , reading all the comments and trying to evaluate.. should I ,, shouldn't I...

Well, today I joined the YES I SHOULD

Don J

Now.. on to my next purchase.. an appropriate set of headphones to enjoy this new product with

Welcome to Head-Fi! And of course... sorry about your wallet.

Anybody who gets some early impressions of the DX50 with Heir 8.A's please share. From the initial reactions, the DX50 signature seems like it may pair well with the 8.A.

The 8.A are a bit fussy about the source being right and this looks promising. Something that won't add warmth or bass is what I'm getting at.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #403 of 18,652
  Gavin, why are you using your IEMs on high gain? 

I use my in ears on high gain for my portable setup.
I find it gives the music more body.
I don't do it for the volume, even though essentially that is what it is for. It just seems to really drive them.
Though my in ears are only final audio heaven iv so quite lo fi by a lot if people's standards

I do the same with the Triad. It add more body to the sound. Brings vocals more upfront. Even seems to make the sound staging a bit more intimate enough for me to not feel it sounds too spacious. On the Triad the staging is monstrous on low gain. That is with good width and depth though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back