The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 8, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #421 of 18,652
I got rid of my 7th gen iPod because I could not match the iMod SQ. I have a 6th gen 80gb model that sounds exactly like the 7th gen so I'll compare that one to the DX50 and report back to you.

Thank you!

My friend owns both 7th Gen. & 5th Gen. iPod Classic.

He said 5th Gen. iPod Classic has a better sound quality than 7th Gen. iPod Classic.

He also mentioned 5th Gen. iPod Classic sounds very much better than Fiio X3 especially with LO to external amp.

It is very interested to find out the sound quality comparison between DX50 vs. 5th Gen. iPod Classic. :)

Seems like the contendants in this price bracket would be the iBasso DX50, FiiO X3, iPod Classic 7th, iPod Classic 5th, HiFiMan HM603, and maybe the AK100, though it's way out of the price bracket. If only somebody had all these DAPs...

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #422 of 18,652
  Thank you!

Seems like the contendants in this price bracket would be the iBasso DX50, FiiO X3, iPod Classic 7th, iPod Classic 5th, HiFiMan HM603, and maybe the AK100, though it's way out of the price bracket. If only somebody had all these DAPs...

Hmm me thinks Mr AnakChan might have most of these and more

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #423 of 18,652
  Thank you!

I have access to all of them here in Seoul except for HM603 and the DX50 which is yet to arrive....

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #424 of 18,652
Posted this in the bug fix thread but also posting here as I'm getting a bit annoyed with the DX at the moment!

Ive got a really frustrating issue with the DX50.

Every album I put on the device is missing a track when I try to play the tracks.

All tracks show in directory mode but when you select the album it skips the same track every time.  For example, I have a 20 track album in both flac and mp3.  Ive tried a few times to play the album(not on dx at same time) but it always skips track 14.  Track 14 does not show in album or artist mode.  Ive tried other albums and Ive yet to find an album with all tracks.  Very frustrating that it cant seem to play an album!!! 
Ive also tried retagging the tracks with mp3 tag as per the guide from Lee730.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #425 of 18,652
  Posted this in the bug fix thread but also posting here as I'm getting a bit annoyed with the DX at the moment!

Ive got a really frustrating issue with the DX50.

Every album I put on the device is missing a track when I try to play the tracks.

All tracks show in directory mode but when you select the album it skips the same track every time.  For example, I have a 20 track album in both flac and mp3.  Ive tried a few times to play the album(not on dx at same time) but it always skips track 14.  Track 14 does not show in album or artist mode.  Ive tried other albums and Ive yet to find an album with all tracks.  Very frustrating that it cant seem to play an album!!! 
Ive also tried retagging the tracks with mp3 tag as per the guide from Lee730.

Is it pertaining to only this album or does this happen with other albums with 14 or more track in the album? Maybe its a bug where track 14 skips and something ibasso will have to address? I wonder if you could do a long press on the album and select play all tracks like on the DX100? Not sure if that will matter or not though...

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #427 of 18,652

Is it pertaining to only this album or does this happen with other albums with 14 or more track in the album? Maybe its a bug where track 14 skips and something ibasso will have to address? I wonder if you could do a long press on the album and select play all tracks like on the DX100? Not sure if that will matter or not though...

Out of 20 plus albums ive tried only one works properly.  Its also random tracks, one album its the final track(11) and on another track 3 from 11.  Its also happening with both mp3 and flac albums.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #428 of 18,652

Out of 20 plus albums ive tried only one works properly.  Its also random tracks, one album its the final track(11) and on another track 3 from 11.  Its also happening with both mp3 and flac albums.

Hmm. Can anyone else replicate this issue? Sounds like an issue with the firmware unless a defect on your unit? Does ibasso have the firmware available to reflash?

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #430 of 18,652

Have you tried re-uploading the same album to the DX50? Does it skip the same track?
Have you tried re-uploading the offending track?
Have you tried re-converting the track from flac to flac and see if it help?

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #431 of 18,652
I have an album with track 3 missing too. Flac files...........

Ooooh...this issue does not sound very good for the DX50..

This was the same reason I sold my Clip+. Hope a fix is available soon!

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #432 of 18,652
Is it caused by special character or symbol in track title...?
You guys are more hardworking than the QA dept in my workplace..
But the firmware is really really really....spent whole afternoon listening to dx50... Need to sign out for some fresh air...

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #433 of 18,652
But the firmware is really really really....spent whole afternoon listening to dx50... Need to sign out for some fresh air...

No special characters for me. All English.

When you say you spent all afternoon listening and require fresh air now, does that mean the DX50 was that satisfying? :D

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #434 of 18,652

Have you tried re-uploading the same album to the DX50? Does it skip the same track?
Have you tried re-uploading the offending track?
Have you tried re-converting the track from flac to flac and see if it help?

Reuploaded the same albums many times!!
Tried uploading one track on its own but when i select from directory it just skips to a different album.
Just tried re converting one track and still no joy.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #435 of 18,652

No special characters in any of the albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back