The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 8, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #437 of 18,652

Since Spkrs01 also mentions having the same issue I have a feeling this is due to the firmware...

Thats my thoughts and tbh i hope it is firmware, dont fancy having to send back to HK! 

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #438 of 18,652
Thats my thoughts and tbh i hope it is firmware, dont fancy having to send back to HK! 

Ibasso did mention they are currently working on a firmware update, and it should be released next month according to them.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #439 of 18,652
Ive just transferred 2 albums that i converted from CD couple of days ago.  Both converted to flac using Mediamonkey.  On the DX50 one has a track missing but one has the full album playable.  Again in windows and on the directory mode all tracks show but wont play track 4, just skips to the next track.  So far out of 20+ albums that ive tried only 2 are playable all the way through.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #440 of 18,652
  Ive just transferred 2 albums that i converted from CD couple of days ago.  Both converted to flac using Mediamonkey.  On the DX50 one has a track missing but one has the full album playable.  Again in windows and on the directory mode all tracks show but wont play track 4, just skips to the next track.  So far out of 20+ albums that ive tried only 2 are playable all the way through.

Try convert one of the albums to WAV and see if the same problem exists...

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #441 of 18,652
Hey guys, I just found out the reason why the dx50 cant read some file.
It is due to the ' symbol in the file name.
If the ' symbol is removed from the file name, all files should be played flawlessly.
This is somehow due to the android system. (which is discovered when u long pressed the power button for around 10sec+, you'll entered a recovery mode like most of the android phone.) 
Besides ', korean characters seem not to be recognized also.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #442 of 18,652
  No special characters in any of the albums.

Do the track titles have apostrophes in them? E.g. Can't, Don't, Won't etc.

My DX50 refuses to play tracks that have apostrophes in them. It will open folders with apostrophes, but will not play tracks that have them. Let me know if this solves it.

EDIT: Beaten to it by tin427. I had also posted about this bug yesterday in the bugfix thread.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #443 of 18,652

Do the track titles have apostrophes in them? E.g. Can't, Don't, Won't etc.

My DX50 refuses to play tracks that have apostrophes in them. It will open folders with apostrophes, but will not play tracks that have them. Let me know if this solves it.

EDIT: Beaten to it by tin427. I had also posted about this bug yesterday in the bugfix thread.

tongue.gif
 just figured that out.
Now my dx50 works perfectly 
wink.gif

No skipping of songs, fast scanning time. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #444 of 18,652
:p  just figured that out.
Now my dx50 works perfectly :wink:
No skipping of songs, fast scanning time. 

Awesome! Thanks for the fix! It'll come to use for me when I receive my 50:)

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #446 of 18,652
@tin427 and Hobgoblinpie

Cheers for that, all working fine now, had one track that I had to completely rename for some reason but all seems to be fine now.

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #447 of 18,652
  @tin427 and Hobgoblinpie

Cheers for that, all working fine now, had one track that I had to completely rename for some reason but all seems to be fine now.

Maybe you could update your post in the bugs thread so people know there's a workaround (technically it's not a fix, I think a DAP should read apostrophes and I hope iBasso updates their firmware accordingly).
BTW, does your DX100 have problem with apostrophes?

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #449 of 18,652

Maybe you could update your post in the bugs thread so people know there's a workaround (technically it's not a fix, I think a DAP should read apostrophes and I hope iBasso updates their firmware accordingly).
BTW, does your DX100 have problem with apostrophes?

No the DX100 never had a problem with characters in tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back