The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #18,331 of 18,652
  Yes, i tried every single jack, nothing. However, it should work automatically for everything, like youtube, no?

EDIT: Ok guys, i tried now again, did everything as usual, and now it works. I don't really know what's changed, but it is perfect and beautiful. Thanks for your help :)

I am glad it got worked out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 12, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #18,333 of 18,652
Lol "it's time"

Like an old dog that needs put down

I don't know about that. For me, since that last FW, it is like a new dap. I like the sound and find it very musical. 

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #18,335 of 18,652
Anyone with Windows 10 having trouble using the Batch Tool? (I'm using Win10 x64)

When I plug in my DX50, it doesn't show it as an unknown device in Device Manager, it shows as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in the USB controllers section. And when I try to load the drivers, it keeps saying I have the best ones available. (I tried to load both, to no avail)

I finally had to use my daughter's old laptop with Windows 7 to use the Batch Tool. Loaded and works fine, but I'd rather use my computer.

Any thoughts or advice?

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #18,336 of 18,652
You have to install them manually in compability mode probably. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #18,337 of 18,652
With the latest FW does anybody else have a problem with the eq resetting everytime you turn it off? Also I normally don't use eq but if it turn it off all freq drop to the very bottom of scale except bass and sounds horrible. Any suggestions?

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #18,338 of 18,652
With the latest FW does anybody else have a problem with the eq resetting everytime you turn it off? Also I normally don't use eq but if it turn it off all freq drop to the very bottom of scale except bass and sounds horrible. Any suggestions?

Maybe try a factory reset. I checked mine on the latest FW and it is working. Then I thought maybe after shutting down and restarting it might now, from what you said, but my EQ stays on with no change in the settings. I don't really use EQ but you got curiosity going. Anyway, it is working for me. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #18,339 of 18,652
Maybe try a factory reset. I checked mine on the latest FW and it is working. Then I thought maybe after shutting down and restarting it might now, from what you said, but my EQ stays on with no change in the settings. I don't really use EQ but you got curiosity going. Anyway, it is working for me. 

Yep factory reset did the trick. I forgot that part of the update process.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #18,340 of 18,652
Title didn't update? 
Anyway I have never have such smooth upgrade of firmware, all others has been a hassle, especially 1.9.4 which gives me headache and force to downgrade back to 1.9.3.
I usually did a factory reset without the SD card, also delete the ".audio_data" inside the SD card's root.
This time around, I uses the same method to flush the firmware, after it done, I turn it off, plug the SD card back in and let it auto media scans while booting up.
The media scanning this time is very smooth, went through quicker than previous and it goes to home screen, yes, for the first time the very first media scans went through smoothly, previous firmware has always gave me a chill when the scans started for the first time, and it just hanged half-way through, I have to turn it off and on again, and it will goes through for the second time.
It is a nice improvement from Ibasso, at least I do feel its worth paying for a DAP. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #18,341 of 18,652
Use RKBatchTool if You are having any issues with reverting FW or doing clean install. Also, for scanning media, it is recommended to do it after You have booted and deleted old FW image from internal memory, rebooted again, insert SD card and then advanced > rescan library. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #18,343 of 18,652
This is probably hardware related issue. Might be from bad/cracked smd soldering on jack pcb pins, some pcb interconnect littlebit loose or even capacitor issue. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #18,345 of 18,652
Guys, my DX50 shutdown instantly after showing the iBasso logo... what happened? did my DX50 officially dead or my battery was the one in charge of this issue? please help, thank you very much in advance 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back