The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 4, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #18,301 of 18,652
went normal for about a minute, then it turned off or restarted lots of times..it made the click sound that it makes when you turn it on, but a LOT..like 2 clicks per second or something close to that..and it didn't stop until i took the battery out..

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #18,302 of 18,652
  went normal for about a minute, then it turned off or restarted lots of times..it made the click sound that it makes when you turn it on, but a LOT..like 2 clicks per second or something close to that..and it didn't stop until i took the battery out..

What FW are you on now? Can you revert to one that works for you?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 5, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #18,303 of 18,652
  ahhhh C`mooon... iBasso, wth? Please fix Your firmware FAST! But I doubt it will get fixed soon... or... never ever...

Staying with SU 1.3.3

Were you having trouble with 1.9.5 too? I am still loving it and haven't had any issues...

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #18,304 of 18,652
Idk, I haven`t tried it yet and reading ealry comments already with problems... I deleted install package. Don`t bother to mess with it.

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #18,306 of 18,652
My brother is considering an amp for the dx50 because the hiss. He is looking at the Fiio e12, fiio e11k (fiio a3), or the jds labs c5
Have you guys ever stacked these how do they match up? And what do you think is best for iem's and light duty cans?

The E12A does well but the E12 DIY does even better. There are a bunch of RSA portables in balanced and the P5 is bigger but like a desktop amp, crazy good. 
edit: I have never had hiss with anything on the DX50. It is odd that you are getting any. 

I know I'm two days late to this party, but I stack mime with the Ray Samuels Audio Intruder.  Perfect sound.  Perfect physical fit.  I haven't heard the others you mention.  Check out RSA, like John says.

Jul 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #18,307 of 18,652
  Idk, I haven`t tried it yet and reading ealry comments already with problems... I deleted install package. Don`t bother to mess with it.

Understandable. When it comes to sound this is the best firmware iBasso has put out. I'm blown away. It sounds like my favorite DOC firmware and sound unlocked had a baby. I'll report back if I have any issues with it.

I just started using my DX50 as a DAC again and I'm experiencing the audio delay when watching videos. Was there a fix to this? I can't remember. I'm about to start searching through the thread, but if anyone has the answer it would be helpful. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #18,309 of 18,652
  Understandable. When it comes to sound this is the best firmware iBasso has put out. I'm blown away. It sounds like my favorite DOC firmware and sound unlocked had a baby. I'll report back if I have any issues with it.

I just started using my DX50 as a DAC again and I'm experiencing the audio delay when watching videos. Was there a fix to this? I can't remember. I'm about to start searching through the thread, but if anyone has the answer it would be helpful. 
smily_headphones1.gif

There are programs for the delay but there will be one with the DX50 and the DX90.

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #18,310 of 18,652

smily_headphones1.gif

There are programs for the delay but there will be one with the DX50 and the DX90.

I don't understand the second half of your sentence. Are you saying there will be an update to address it?

I love my DX50 by the way. Keep up the great work!

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #18,311 of 18,652
  I don't understand the second half of your sentence. Are you saying there will be an update to address it?

No what I meant is that there will be a audio delay when using with video but there are programs on the market to address this but it isn't perfect with them. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #18,312 of 18,652

No what I meant is that there will be a audio delay when using with video but there are programs on the market to address this but it isn't perfect with them. 

I understand. The only time using my DX50 is important to me is when listening to music through J. River, so I don't have an issue there. I tried using my DX50 with YouTube videos and that's where I saw the delay. I'll just use my on-board soundcard when browsing the internet. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #18,313 of 18,652
Just set audio settings to 16/44 and use ASIO, WASAPI or KSP from the program You are using. Setting it 24-bit or 192kHz may cause delay problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back