The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #18,181 of 18,652
I am truly sorry as I guess this question's been answered before:
- Does dx50 supports/sees 128 Gb cards?

And I mean truly(!) supports/uses:
- like it supports 64/32 Gb cards without any 'buts' and 'ifs'...
Yes it does. I'm using one myself with way too many flac files. In my experience with large microsd cards regardless of use though, I recommend copying files from your pc independently of the dx50. Using an adaptor tends to be faster and a fair bit more stable imho.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #18,182 of 18,652
Yes it does. I'm using one myself with way too many flac files. In my experience with large microsd cards regardless of use though, I recommend copying files from your pc independently of the dx50. Using an adaptor tends to be faster and a fair bit more stable imho.

Thank you very much! 
I didn't want to risk my money to try this; I've had some strokes of bad luck with cards this month :) 

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #18,183 of 18,652
I am truly sorry as I guess this question's been answered before:
- Does dx50 supports/sees 128 Gb cards?

And I mean truly(!) supports/uses:
- like it supports 64/32 Gb cards without any 'buts' and 'ifs'...

SanDisk 200 gig works without any hassle. 

Whatever you get, just make sure to format the card in FAT32 with a free tool (Google it). 

Most cards larger than 32 gig come formatted in Exfat, which will give you grief - stuttering is the most common effect.

Cheers

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #18,184 of 18,652
+1 

Though, I have used both of my ADATA Premier Pro 64GB mSDXC cards formatted as exfat in stock without any problems.
Experienced some issues when I had smaller card and formatting them to FAT32 helped. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #18,185 of 18,652
Hi, thanks for your help.

I'm trying to use my HTC One M7 as a player, to send to my DX50 and then to my amp.  I have an OTG cable, but it's not seeming to work.  

1.  DX50 has the latest firmware as of today, 1.9.4, and is set to DAC Mode (Windows) *

2.  OTG is connected to the HTC, and then via cable to the DX50

3.  I did test the OTG independently with the HTC using a mouse, and it worked fine

I can see people have done this with other DACs, but for some reason this is not working for me.  Any ideas?  Regardless of what I do, when I play the music file it simply comes through the phone's speaker, instead of sending the signal to the DX50.

* The crap part is that the options for USB are Storage - DAC (Windows) - DAC (Mac/Linux) - Charge Only.

When I choose "Mac/Linux" which I assume would cover Android... it won't let me choose it.  Brilliant.

:frowning2:

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #18,186 of 18,652

I'm trying to use my HTC One M7 as a player, to send to my DX50 and then to my amp.  I have an OTG cable, but it's not seeming to work.  

1.  DX50 has the latest firmware as of today, 1.9.4, and is set to DAC Mode (Windows) *

3.  I did test the OTG independently with the HTC using a mouse, and it worked fine

I can see people have done this with other DACs, but for some reason this is not working for me.  Any ideas?  Regardless of what I do, when I play the music file it simply comes through the phone's speaker, instead of sending the signal to the DX50.

* The crap part is that the options for USB are Storage - DAC (Windows) - DAC (Mac/Linux) - Charge Only.

When I choose "Mac/Linux" which I assume would cover Android... it won't let me choose it.  Brilliant.

I think someone found a way to do this, but it technically isn't supported. If no one answers your question here the Rockbox thread for the DX50 might be a good place to ask as well.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #18,188 of 18,652

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #18,189 of 18,652
You will need to use firmware 1.9.3 and the Mac/Linux option and it should work as a dac. I got it to work with my Nexus 7. I have already flagged this issue in this thread and Paul from ibasso says it will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #18,191 of 18,652
Ah ha.  So it worked in 1.9.3, which I had, and now it doesn't work in 1.9.4 ?  So how do I return to 1.9.3 ??

Do a search through prior pages, I have seen Paul discussing how to revert back to a prior version. If I remember correctly, you need to do the same thing than when you update to a new version but substitute the firmware file for an earlier version. On the first page of this thread, I have added the download link of every release so just download 1.9.3 from the link and perform the standard firmware upgrade with it.

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #18,192 of 18,652
  Ah ha.  So it worked in 1.9.3, which I had, and now it doesn't work in 1.9.4 ?  So how do I return to 1.9.3 ??

You can download any FW from our website and update in the normal way. It is easy to go from newer to older FWs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 26, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #18,194 of 18,652
Thanks so much Paul, Musicheaven, DaveGrendon and Cameron!  I sure appreciate you guys chiming in and helping out!

I guess I might as well introduce another issue, and see if you have a better solution than the one I came up with.

Playlists.... need I say more?  Agh!

I would like to simply create Playlists on my PC in whatever software (iTunes, MediaMonkey, MusicBee, whatever) and then use them to keep my DX50 updated.  Doesn't seem to be a way to do this.  I tried both MediaMonkey and MusicBee, and even got the help of the MediaMonkey tech guys, but even when successfully loading all the playlists and music files (aac, mp3) onto the DX50, and then importing them, they don't work.

So what I did, which worked, was this:

A.  Use iTunesExport to export all the Playlists out of iTunes in .m3u format.

B.  I then edited the playlists using Notepad on my PC, using simple file locations:  just the name of the song, rather than drive letter, folder, etc.

C.  Put the edited .m3u file and all the song files that go with that Playlist into a single folder, titled with the name of the album.

D.  Import the Playlist by going to "Directory" on the DX50, then SD Card / Folder / playlist.m3u and choosing "OK" to import it

E.  It then scans the entire SD card (64 GB) which takes 5 straight minutes... for each and every single playlist I have (about 100).  

I did a few of these, and then gave up.  It would take me a solid day to get through all this, about 8 straight hours of scanning and editing.  Is there an easier way????

Thank you for the help.

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #18,195 of 18,652
Months have passed, I've tried several sources with Tralucent Ref.1 but no other sources have provided quite the same synergy as my iBasso DX50. It's not just the sound though, really the design, touchscreen, headphone out at the bottom all contribute to the correct user experience for me. The battery charges quickly when fed 2A. I understand there are better players out there, but the point of this post is I've been juggling through a few always falling back to iBasso DX50 with this IEM. I'll keep searching slowly for that upgrade but until then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back