The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 13, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #16,561 of 18,652
Just install Sound Unlocked 1.3.3, choose preferred sound settings from hidden bootup menu and be happy!
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #16,563 of 18,652
I`m not the only one and there are some new users who usually don`t read earlier posts, thats why I recommend it.
And SU isn`t the only FW I recommend, I just recommended NDFFF few posts ago too.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #16,565 of 18,652
  Paul,

are you going to add drivers for Mac's anytime soon?

We are continuing to work on this. I do not have an exact time but hopefully it will not be long. How is that for saying almost nothing?

We truly are working on it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #16,566 of 18,652

We are continuing to work on this. I do not have an exact time but hopefully it will not be long. How is that for saying almost nothing?

We truly are working on it.

will you guys fix or improve the DAC delay problem too? I'm using FiiO E7. I want to replace with DX50 , however the delay is far too obvious that I can't even use it as normally, every things are out of sync... I hope this issue will soon be fixed, Thank you for advance 
gs1000.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #16,567 of 18,652

Just install Sound Unlocked 1.3.3, choose preferred sound settings from hidden bootup menu and be happy!:p

You don't have to keep it repeating it after each post, we all know your admiration for 1.3.3

The sheer beauty of 1.3.3 SU and NDFFF cannot be overstated.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #16,568 of 18,652
  will you guys fix or improve the DAC delay problem too? I'm using FiiO E7. I want to replace with DX50 , however the delay is far too obvious that I can't even use it as normally, every things are out of sync... I hope this issue will soon be fixed, Thank you for advance 
gs1000.gif

The delay time can be adjusted with software on from the web but we do not have a way to totally fix it. It has to do with the chip being used.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 13, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #16,569 of 18,652

The delay time can be adjusted with software on from the web but we do not have a way to totally fix it. It has to do with the chip being used.

oh I see, but whenever I try to open up ASIO with my DX50 plugged in, it's a guarantee blue screen of death... this issue is very irritating for me. However, if I just plug in and bare with the huge delay. Everything just goes alright... Sorry for my crappy English 
triportsad.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #16,570 of 18,652
On 1.8 and I've had the issue where after a song finishes, it reverts back to one particular song and doesn't continue playing and then i have to navigate back to my playlist, basically like a soft reset.  Think a few people mentioned something similar earlier.  Will be switching back to 1.6 since I don't particularly care about the increased scan speed and honestly I didn't think the startup was that much faster.

Though I think I'll give SU 1.3.3 another chance and see if I can get it to import my playlists properly this time.

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #16,571 of 18,652

oh I see, but whenever I try to open up ASIO with my DX50 plugged in, it's a guarantee blue screen of death... this issue is very irritating for me. However, if I just plug in and bare with the huge delay. Everything just goes alright... Sorry for my crappy English 
triportsad.gif

Do thread research. I commented on ASIO crashing and how to get it working.

Though I think I'll give SU 1.3.3 another chance and see if I can get it to import my playlists properly this time.

Someone here commented how to properly import playlist but I don`t remember who, sorry. But Medmitry told it was left in beta-state (without exfat support etc.)
You gotta do also thread search :wink:

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #16,573 of 18,652
  On 1.8 and I've had the issue where after a song finishes, it reverts back to one particular song and doesn't continue playing and then i have to navigate back to my playlist, basically like a soft reset.  Think a few people mentioned something similar earlier.  Will be switching back to 1.6 since I don't particularly care about the increased scan speed and honestly I didn't think the startup was that much faster.

I have the same issue, the songs stopped and revert back to one particular song, downgrading back to 1.6 and wait for further updates........  

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #16,575 of 18,652
May I ask few might be basic/ silly questions.....Do the 1.3.3 SU and NDFFF firmware support shuffling by artist or shuffling by genre?

I see many of you flash the firmwares up and down, is there any risk to create a brick by DX50? I have created a few different bricks of different devices, silly me.....

Will DX50 detect the version of firmware and allow it to go up and down?

many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back