The Hyland Headphones Saturn One, Saturn Two and Jupiter One thread
Jun 24, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #61 of 246
I'm in. Where can I find the specs on these cans? Are they fairly easy to drive?
HERE is info regarding the Hyland Saturn. And yes, they are easy to drive.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #62 of 246
Thanks to all who have asked to be included in the Saturn One Audition Tour.

They have been on the road for going on 3 months and I will be giving them a permanent home after their next two auditions.

There are a lot of very satisfied Hyland Headphones Saturn One owners out there now. Thank you for participating and sharing your experiences on this thread.

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #63 of 246
I am putting my pair up for sale.

PM me if you are interested, and I can send photos. They are in pristine condition.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #64 of 246
The tour pair are my personal pair that I put genuine Grado G cush pads on as I thought that they sounded just a bit better to my ears. Nick did not receive the round felt pieces. Monsterzero is next in line to audition this pair. I have forwarded the round filters to him.

I will be shipping the loaner out tomorrow to California. Speaking with Alex he mentioned the felt inserts should be used to prevent hair getting into the driver.

Thanks to @Geezer Rock 001 for doing this tour.

Jun 28, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #65 of 246
Just switched my Saturn One over to genuine Grado g-cushions, which have not only a steeper concave cut-out, but also the different densities of foam.

While this produces a moderately brighter sound, the soundstage has been taken up another level (and it was already big). VAST is the only word that I can think of right now!

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #66 of 246
Just about every Grado headphones that I tried, I preferred G-cushion but I actually prefer L-cushion on my Saturn One. I do love about Saturn One's large soundstage though but it is not artificially large in my ears. I haven't tried tube amp yet but Headroom Millett Hybrid amp really sounds great with Saturn One.

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #67 of 246
Well I just joined the bandwagon. I ordered a Sapele pair today. Alex is great to work with and extremely fast with replies. He’s pretty sure he will be able to customize mine to use Audeze type mini XLR connectors so I can use my Silver Dragon! (Plus I have 2 more cables which can be used)

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #69 of 246
Welcome to the Saturn One Club! Please post your impressions after yours arrive.

Alex says no burn in required. Mine opened up just a bit more around the 10 hour mark.

Will do and thanks for the advice!

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #70 of 246
So I just spent a week with the tour pair, and was really impressed. Alex has made a beautiful (looking and sounding) pair of headphones. These are my notes:
  • Sound is delightfully expansive and clean despite such a teeny little driver.
    • Clear and detailed
    • Flat across the spectrum.
    • Could be seen as a little bass anemic by some. I call it "neutral".
    • Plays well with my LGV30 phone, my Schiit Vali and my Millett Hybrid MiniMax. Sound doesn't vary across the sources.
  • Use of G-Cush is much appreciated. Does miracles for comfort.
  • Headphone is light and sits securely with minimal clamp. Great for long sessions.
  • The leather headband is perfect for the job:
    • Just padded enough to prevent the aluminium band from hurting
    • Made out of pretty leather
    • I noticed no stitching on it
  • Cable is a little stiff. Not ideal, could be more supple.
  • Plugs are nice, slim and suit mobile phone cases well.
From one maker to another, I tip my hat to Alex. Well done!

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #71 of 246
Hey all, time to liven this thread up a bit. There are between 15 and 20 Saturn One owners out there now and most of us are on Head Fi. Please share your experience with these great headphones by loosely following the format below. And we can share experiences and set up some interaction between Saturn One owners.

My three favorite things about my Saturn Ones are their comfort, their sound stage and how they immerse you in the music.

The only mods or changes that I have made are removing the black filter over the drivers and adding a pair of genuine Grado G cush cushions.

My favorite amp pairing is an obscure dual mono hybrid amp called an Elemental Watson. I have tried it on an Ember hybrid and 4 different solid state amps. It doesn't sound bad on any of them but it really rocks with the Elemental Watson.

Types of music and files. Classic rock and modern rock. Mostly from CD s and some HD Tracks 96/24 flac files and Band Camp downloads.

My overall impression of the Hyland Headphones Saturn One is that it is a fun pair of headphones that is very detailed with excellent separation. It sits in pole position in my small collection of headphones. A definite keeper!

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #72 of 246
Hey all, time to liven this thread up a bit. There are between 15 and 20 Saturn One owners out there now and most of us are on Head Fi. Please share your experience with these great headphones by loosely following the format below. And we can share experiences and set up some interaction between Saturn One owners.

My three favorite things about my Saturn Ones are their comfort, their sound stage and how they immerse you in the music.

The only mods or changes that I have made are removing the black filter over the drivers and adding a pair of genuine Grado G cush cushions.

My favorite amp pairing is an obscure dual mono hybrid amp called an Elemental Watson. I have tried it on an Ember hybrid and 4 different solid state amps. It doesn't sound bad on any of them but it really rocks with the Elemental Watson.

Types of music and files. Classic rock and modern rock. Mostly from CD s and some HD Tracks 96/24 flac files and Band Camp downloads.

My overall impression of the Hyland Headphones Saturn One is that it is a fun pair of headphones that is very detailed with excellent separation. It sits in pole position in my small collection of headphones. A definite keeper!

Hi Geezer, which size / Grado models should I refer to when picking the replacing cushions? Thanks.

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #74 of 246

Did you remove the filters and replace the pads on the tour set, or are they in stock form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back