The Hyland Headphones Saturn One, Saturn Two and Jupiter One thread
Sep 15, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #241 of 246
Not sure if anyone is going to reply to this.

How does the HD6XX compare to the Jupiter One sound-wise? Like, more or less lows, mids, highs, etc?

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #242 of 246
Not sure if anyone is going to reply to this.

How does the HD6XX compare to the Jupiter One sound-wise? Like, more or less lows, mids, highs, etc?
I've only had the hd650, but from memory, more soundstage, better imaging, and sub bass does not roll off like the 650. Oh, and to me, far more comfortable.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #243 of 246
I've only had the hd650, but from memory, more soundstage, better imaging, and sub bass does not roll off like the 650. Oh, and to me, far more comfortable.
To clarify, you’re saying that the Jupiter has more soundstage, better imaging, and sub bass does not roll off like the 650.

Flipping it around, the 650 has a smaller soundstage, worse imaging, and a sub-bass that rolls off.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood and am putting words in your mouth.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #244 of 246
To clarify, you’re saying that the Jupiter has more soundstage, better imaging, and sub bass does not roll off like the 650.

Flipping it around, the 650 has a smaller soundstage, worse imaging, and a sub-bass that rolls off.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood and am putting words in your mouth.
No worries! Exactly that! Hyland has better (bigger) soundstage, imaging and bass extension than the HD650.

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #245 of 246
No worries! Exactly that! Hyland has better (bigger) soundstage, imaging and bass extension than the HD650.
Thanks for the response.

I’ve been curious about those for some time and came across some good deals for lightly used models. I’m not considering these as an upgrade, but rather as another flavor of sound.

It’s just a question of trying to figure out whether I would actually like it or not, since there are no demo units.

I do have a pair of HD598 that gets used more as a teleconferencing headset these days rather than for music. The Jupiter is pretty much the gold standard open backs for my ears.

Sep 15, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #246 of 246
They are good companion headphones.
The Senn excels at vocals, and an intimacy with some recordings that Jupiter One can`t really match.
I do notice improvements with it out of different amplication too, not so much with Jupiter One...

I have a lightly modded HD650 using:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back