The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Mar 31, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #347 of 627
Been listening to it the whole night, its so good. could not be happier. btw, any recommendations for balanced cable? :p
I highly recommend Effect Audio cables. For budget selection, Ares II or Eros II. Mid tier, Lionheart or Leonidas. TOTL, Horus.
https://www.effectaudio.com

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #349 of 627
i already have a pair of eros II, but i dont think it pairs very well...maybe i will check out the Ares. Thanks again!
What kind of sound signature do you like? Neutral or full body? If you want more clarity, maybe Lionheart or Leonidas work for you.

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #352 of 627
HIFIMAN RE2000 and Dita Truth :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-01.jpg

May 13, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #354 of 627
I am using RE2000 with R2R2000, and I feel like a whole new world opening up before me. I am not new with this hobby, and I have equipments of multi thousand dollars, but this is another level, another league, another world.
I don't know how to express myself more accurately and convincingly. Grab the RE2000 and R2R2000 combo if you can, and you will know what I mean.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #356 of 627
Am I the only one who can't fit this monster in the ears?

Sincerely, it's unbelivable what these companies do nowadays. 200 drivers in a monster shell or one monster driver in a monster shell.

I can't describe how much pain this earphones cause me.
I just wish the RE800 have more bass, body...

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #357 of 627

Sincerely, it's unbelivable what these companies do nowadays. 200 drivers in a monster shell or one monster driver in a monster shell.

Strange thing that they would be painful to you (?)

Are they resting on your ear strangely, or they simply don't fit inside?

BTW, the original tips were pretty bad for me, but I got angelic comfort after switching to Spinfit

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #358 of 627

You are definitely not alone. I can wear these comfortably for a couple hours, but then the back bottom corner starts to bite into the ear. They really should have smoothed that corner off. They could have done this without changing the overall aesthetic. Even if that corner had been smoothed, I've run into a number of people who loved the sound, but couldn't fit these in their ears without holding onto them, which of course means they can't listen for long.

The RE2000 isn't the most ergonomic IEM out there.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #359 of 627
You are definitely not alone. I can wear these comfortably for a couple hours, but then the back bottom corner starts to bite into the ear. They really should have smoothed that corner off. They could have done this without changing the overall aesthetic. Even if that corner had been smoothed, I've run into a number of people who loved the sound, but couldn't fit these in their ears without holding onto them, which of course means they can't listen for long.

The RE2000 isn't the most ergonomic IEM out there.

Agree with Micah, great IEMs with a unique tuning, but eargonomics could be better. What helps me with RE2k is to use eartips that "extend" the nozzle, pushing the shell further out of concha area. Otherwise, RE2k nozzle is short and that's what causes the discomfort when shells are wedged inside your ear.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #360 of 627
Strange thing that they would be painful to you (?)

Are they resting on your ear strangely, or they simply don't fit inside?

BTW, the original tips were pretty bad for me, but I got angelic comfort after switching to Spinfit

Sorry the delay, I forgot to answer, and I was trying to find a picture to explain why was painful. Crus of helix seems to be the problem.

In the end, I returned the earphones and got one InEar Prophile 8.
The RE2000 couldn't fit in my ear in any way, with any tips. It's really a problem with the size of the earphones.

anatomy-of-outer-ear-human-parts-name-the.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back