The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #316 of 627
Really good review - easy read, and nailed it IMO. Top sound, questionable things like ergonomics - although my pair didn't have the same issues with finish yours did. Must be some variation in their build process. For me the RE2000 were finished really well, the RE800 had some imperfections in the final finish.

On the below two comments - while I absolutely agree with what you're saying, I've had only a couple of companies question me about my reviews. One of them was HiFiMan (different product though) - but it wasn't "the Company" as such - but an overzealous rep who wanted to read the review before posting (for accuracy), and then later suggested we could "make an arrangement" if the review was positive. I was a Moderator at the time - so discussed with the Mod and Admin team here, and they advised my to contact Fang directly. Turns out he (or their senior management) knew nothing about it, and their policy is to never engage in those sorts of practises. He quickly had me reassigned to one of their senior Sales Managers and the guy who made the errors was retrained. Their reaction was quick, firm and very professional. Sorry to hear you didn't receive the same.

I'd just like to suggest that people do make mistakes, and when generalisations are made about either a company or a country, sometimes it can be just an individual (acting incorrectly). For my part - virtually all of the companies I've personally dealt with (reviewing) from Asia have been exemplary in the way they have interacted with me. The ones that stand out for me are FiiO, Dunu, LZ, VE and Cayin, but I could name 1/2 a dozen others who have also been above reproach. All of them have always encouraged me to list the bad with the good, and not sugar-coat anything. They recognise the reviews as also a chance to get constructive feedback to better their products.

Well it is not big surprise that when contacted by the moderator of the biggest earphone website out there, senior management of a company would avoid anything that would make them appear unethical...whether they knew about it or not. I am not saying they are not ethical, but this brings limited proof.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #317 of 627
Well it is not big surprise that when contacted by the moderator of the biggest earphone website out there, senior management of a company would avoid anything that would make them appear unethical...whether they knew about it or not. I am not saying they are not ethical, but this brings limited proof.

I was thinking the same thing. Whether they knew or didn't know, they would have responded the same way once Brooko brought it up with them.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #318 of 627
I doubt they were even aware I was a Moderator - I contacted them purely as a reviewer (via email), and I don't think my profile here was ever that high (as a Moderator anyway). All I can say is that they dealt with the issue quickly and professionally. If you think that any inquiries were unethical, I'd encourage going up the ladder. Their management does seem to genuinely care - or at least that's the way it appeared to me.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #319 of 627
If they learned than they would have made it part of their training manual after that incident. They seems not to have done so otherwise they wouldnt have asked for review to be removed despite known their PR actively seeking positive review.

Anyways headfonia used to be a site that I used to trust, it appears site donars have some influences on the final over all review. Why would you care to remove a review just because your site donars wants you too?

Looking at the two RE2000 and Re800 review they both got a rating by 160 individuals where as their other reviews in their site average 7-12.....

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #320 of 627
Well I'm not jumping to conclusions either way. Again my suggestion is to let Dr Bian know - and see what happens.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #321 of 627
This thread has gone awfully quiet :D eye candy!!

IMG_20180103_150419-01.jpeg

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #324 of 627
Thinking about emty my little wallet to buy a pair of these..Everywere i look it seems that 2000US + Shipping is the going rate.Can anyone of you guys tell me if i can get it any cheaper,my wallet has only 14-1500US let in it :wink:...//TIA

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #325 of 627
Thinking about emty my little wallet to buy a pair of these..Everywere i look it seems that 2000US + Shipping is the going rate.Can anyone of you guys tell me if i can get it any cheaper,my wallet has only 14-1500US let in it :wink:...//TIA

Haven't noticed any shops offering any discount yet, maybe on Valentine's day? :darthsmile:

As for RE2000, they are worth the investment in sound, if you ask those who enjoy it :smile_phones:

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #326 of 627
What would i do without friends..a friend sent me a link were i can buy the RE2000 for...1425US with FREE SHIPPING if a wish..That's a BIG discount in my eyes.So now it's just to take the plunge..Can't belive i'm so lucky..I think that 1425US is just were these IEM's should be priced,what you guys think?Good deal right??Still it hurts to emty my wallet.We see if i can restrain myself or not..have a feeling..NOT :wink:crap this hobby is getting expensive,but i don't drink or smoke so..BUT WHAT WILL MY WIFE SAY..:wink:Have a great day everyone..:)

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #327 of 627
What would i do without friends..a friend sent me a link were i can buy the RE2000 for...1425US with FREE SHIPPING if a wish..That's a BIG discount in my eyes.So now it's just to take the plunge..Can't belive i'm so lucky..I think that 1425US is just were these IEM's should be priced,what you guys think?Good deal right??Still it hurts to emty my wallet.We see if i can restrain myself or not..have a feeling..NOT :wink:**** this hobby is getting expensive,but i don't drink or smoke so..BUT WHAT WILL MY WIFE SAY..:wink:Have a great day everyone..:)

It's only a good deal if you are buying from a legitimate authorized place :wink:

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #328 of 627
It's only a good deal if you are buying from a legitimate authorized place :wink:

Well belive me i wouldn't pay this amount if i haven't been doing buisness with them before.And i'm just confirming that they will have them back in stock soon.Guess moore people have this seller bookmarked :wink:
I'll be sharing the info as soon i have conformation they are back in stock for this discounted price..OK.

https://www.joybuy.com/600196774.html

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #329 of 627
Was wondering.....is it possible to find a frequencies graphic of the RE-2000 somewhere?
Will really like to see one so if anybody know where to find one please share it to me, thanks!

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #330 of 627
At 1500$ I think the RE-2000 are a good buy in term of sound value. Not at 2000$, but this is still relative to what money mean to you.

There my review about them, late on the ''hype'' train, but hey, don't think there where alot of people in this gold train.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-re2000.22507/reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back