The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #152 of 627
I do have all the Ditas, even the brass, the Sony ex1000, campfire vega, and the hifimans. I just love dynamic Drivers :)

Well implemented BA drivers can sound as good as dynamic drivers, but I love dynamic drivers as well!

Every company has their approach and it is always cool to hear what everyone came up with and how, technological innovation should be free and can come from every type of technology.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #154 of 627
I

I live in Tiawan not US. You must be mistaken friend.

Still, you can't find DITA iems anywhere at CanJam in US. And, sorry if I mistaken you for someone under the name *** in Head-fi audio group on FB who posts the same questions and talks about the same iems in there. You probably have an evil twin :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #156 of 627
Let's hope that RE-2000 will get there!

While RE-800 are some of the most detailed IEMs I heard in their price range and they are well worth their money, RE-2000 goes even further. RE-2000 not only has the details and intricacies of RE-800, but RE-2000 also brings a sweet musicality to the sound, and one of the best bass I have heard. The sound is not only musical, but it feels real. The treble is real, tangible and so is every guitar note played through RE-2000

The pairing with X5ii is incredible as well, since this is my portable setup many times!

My honest advice would be to consider X7mkii as well if you want a true upgrade from X5ii, but X5ii does very very well at driving RE-2000!
thank you very much!i really love re800,so it's necessary trying re2000 once:darthsmile:

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #157 of 627
My take on the RE2000: https://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/07/hifiman-re2000-review.html#more

DSC03841-small.JPG

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #159 of 627
Excellent review,

Doing some more tip rolling with mine...

Thanks!

Are those the new double-flange SpinFit tips? Are both of the flanges flexible of is it just the smaller one?

While I'm no tip rolling guy and normally don't really like the SpinFit tips, I found the RE200 to be nice with the regular single-flange SpinFit tips (comfort-wise).

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #160 of 627
Thanks!

Are those the new double-flange SpinFit tips? Are both of the flanges flexible of is it just the smaller one?

While I'm no tip rolling guy and normally don't really like the SpinFit tips, I found the RE200 to be nice with the regular single-flange SpinFit tips (comfort-wise).

Yeah they are are bi-flange spnifits, only the smaller tip is slightly flexible. It makes the RE2000 somewhat leaner sounding, but without making them bright.

For the I have small ears and the regular spinfits tend to fold over and not insert very well with some models (RE2000 being one of them), but found them to work fine on the RE800.

Now testing the new Final narrow tips, quite liking these for comfort, again narrow nozzle leads to a slightly leaner sound.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #161 of 627
Yeah they are are bi-flange spnifits, only the smaller tip is slightly flexible. It makes the RE2000 somewhat leaner sounding, but without making them bright.

For the I have small ears and the regular spinfits tend to fold over and not insert very well with some models (RE2000 being one of them), but found them to work fine on the RE800.

Now testing the new Final narrow tips, quite liking these for comfort, again narrow nozzle leads to a slightly leaner sound.

I am also stll playing with tips to find the best combination, single flange red spin fits are pretty good so far, but the test is still going.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #162 of 627
I am also stll playing with tips to find the best combination, single flange red spin fits are pretty good so far, but the test is still going.

I'm still thinking the Symbio Mandarine wide bore are the best for me, narrow tips like spinfits and Final tips change the sound too much over a wide bore (making them sound thinner than they should).

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #164 of 627

Cool review!

About the 5kHz peaky part, that might not be for everyone, but the treble energy up top is actually welcome tom ears, I would had wanted even more, probably like ie800.

Agreed on the better spatial detailing on RE-2000, ie800 has a similar instrument separation, but not the same spatial positioning and detailing like RE-2000.

What is interesting/intriguing though is that I hear ie800 to be precise in depth, having quite a good layering, curious if I'm misunderstanding what you mean there or if there are some factors that might cause this difference in our results since we agree on sound in general :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back