The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 12, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3,946 of 6,859
3 weeks with R3.
Average SQ on 3.5mm SE output.
Coax to Mojo with stock HiBy cable similar SQ to 3.5mm SE, I don't like.
USB-C to micro USB to Mojo is perfect and sound volume has not effect,.so R3 is the transport I wanted (only missing Tidal offline).

Question - which balanced IEMS do you recommend to me to increase SQ when not used with Mojo? I was said F9 Pro and iBasso, any other (under 200€)?

Thanks
Brainwavz B400 and CampfireAudio Comet are both superb sounding ba iems and both come in around budget.

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #3,947 of 6,859
Same here not all the time.
I know that Exfat does not work great in Linux so wonder if this is the same in the R3 setup.
Would be great to get some feedback from Hiby but they seem to be fading in the background of this thread and R6 thread.
Is Fat32 better for a 400gb card?
LDAC?
Hiby are you there?
They have been great up to a time then when all supplied units supplied .gone quite.

Shanling are still answering questions. Where is Hiby backup?

I have fat32 on the 400gb and also get "this card may be corrupt and needs testing" sometimes.
Almost 4 weeks since they could talk about ldac, then silence.

any idea what auto update library does?

Also wish music wifi upload accepted folders

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #3,948 of 6,859
I have fat32 on the 400gb and also get "this card may be corrupt and needs testing" sometimes.

I appreciate this recommendation on IEMs for balance output and the previous one, now I have work to do. Thanks

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #3,949 of 6,859

"Auto update" Should auto update your music just added via usb. Rather than updating the whole lot.

I have EXFAT and the corrupt thing comes up too. oK so both formats have this issue.
I think it's Hiby writing to the SD card that is the issue.

Not tried out the Wifi transfer. Odd that it does not allow for folders?

I want a few things changed on the R3. Hopefully Joe is watching this thread ?

1. Remove the top and bottom swipe features. They just get in the way and not really needed. Or have an option to turn them off.
2. When resuming play from shutdown to go into that particular songs album list when swiping back. It seems to go to the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,950 of 6,859
"Auto update" Should auto update your music just added via usb. Rather than updating the whole lot.

I have EXFAT and the corrupt thing comes up too. oK so both formats have this issue.

1. Remove the top and bottom swipe features. They just get in the way and not really needed. Or have an option to turn them off.
2. When resuming play from shutdown to go into that particular songs album list when swiping back. It seems to go to the root of all files list.
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list.
4. LDAC

Well, the auto update does not seem to work here.

Agree with most things but I like the swipe gestures. Very easy when on a walk to change the brightness to full, have used that many times.

On the %¤¤5/& ap60 this was a pain, brightness inside settings and almost unusable buttons in sunshine...

let me add:
1.fix characters for åø樨 etc created with external playlist
2.upload folder on wifi
3. Quick search in playlist

Anyone using the sleep function, or just shutting it down?

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #3,951 of 6,859
Thanks Wickham. Does this option show up on the PC or R6 or both? I’m not getting such prompts, probably because I did not select an option (removable va internal storage). Strangely both Tidal and Spotify recognise the card for storage.

The reason I did not select was that I was told the selection will render the card unusable for Tidal or Spotify offline. As I read through the thread, it doesn’t seem so.
It should show up on the R6. You can access it from the settings menu.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #3,952 of 6,859

4. LDAC

I use the swipe feature A LOT. In fact, I wished there were other commands available or that we could personalize what is included in the swipe menu.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #3,953 of 6,859
I use the swipe feature A LOT. In fact, I wished there were other commands available or that we could personalize what is included in the swipe menu.

It's weird as the top one impedes the back < button.

Ok so lets total up

1. Option to turn off Top and bottom swipe features
4. LDAC
5.fix characters for åø樨 etc created with external playlist
6.upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist.

Anybody else have any additions to the list?

I personally use the shutdown.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,954 of 6,859
4. LDAC
6.upload folder on wifi

8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,955 of 6,859
How does this model compare to the sony nw a45?

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #3,956 of 6,859
Using Meze 99c on balanced with the R3 and the outcome is decent.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #3,957 of 6,859
It's weird as the top one impedes the back < button.

Ok so lets total up

4. LDAC
6.upload folder on wifi

8. it would be awesome for the R3 to open into the last played song in the album art view and get going straight away and not having user to toggle through menus taking some time to get to playing.
9. Trying to openTidal, invariably it brings down the top pull down menu several times. it confuses tapping action at top into pull down swipe. perhaps turn off the top swipe? (same point as (1))
10. i would like LED to change colors to indicate play/pause/stop status at a glance. some times it keeps playing on IEM and drains the battery out, while i expect it to have stopped.
11. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #3,960 of 6,859
8. it would be awesome for the R3 to open into the last played song in the album art view and get going straight away and not having user to toggle through menus taking some time to get to playing.
9. Trying to openTidal, invariably it brings down the top pull down menu several times. it confuses tapping action at top into pull down swipe. perhaps turn off the top swipe? (same point as (1))
10. i would like LED to change colors to indicate play/pause/stop status at a glance. some times it keeps playing on IEM and drains the battery out, while i expect it to have stopped.
11. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.

It does open into the last played song. Set it in "Settings/Plat settings/Resume play from last" set to track. Though buggy when charging/shutdown cycle.
Led's are set for Codec played and this is what Hiby has chosen for their range of players. Dont think they would change that.
I would set the Shutdown timer to save power.

FYI @Joe Bloggs

I found that all our comments on issues with the R3 were lost in the thread and unknown whether Hiby were taking note or rectifying. So started this list to keep up to date when Hiby does come back to the thread.

List continues. Additions by various members

2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown,Swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list.
4. LDAC
5. fix characters for åø樨 etc created with external playlist
6. upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist. General search function?
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle.
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. normal keyboard if possible. i used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1.x' display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added.
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres")
I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back