The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 21, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #3,752 of 6,859
Got my new toy yesterday, enjoying it so far, although I am having the Wifi connection issues some other have also had. I like it more than my Fiio X3ii, as it seems to give me a bit more low end without having to mess with the EQ (sold my AP200 a bit too long ago for a good comparison from memory), and I really enjoy having a pocket-able DAP.

gGZ7Hkg.png

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,754 of 6,859
Tidal error on certain songs. Error code 4007. Always the same songs fail, and those fail on every and each playback attempt. They fail regardless of the internet connection. I have tried on 3 different ISPs (2 wired through different routers, and a mobile lte broadband). They failed on 1.0x and now they fail on 1.1x firmwares, too. No problem with any other songs, just the ones which drop 4007.

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #3,755 of 6,859

Is it me or Shanling L2 microb cable sounds crisper/ brighter and more defined at the low end?

Hiby their coax cable sounds overly warm to me with the HD650 and Mojo as they sound towards the warm side themselves.

Nice to have Shanling L2 cable to go against the rest of my setup to level out the sound.

Happy with it now.

I also found out that the sound from R3 usb output to Mojo is preferable to me. At the moment I am using cheap Vivanco 1m long cable and hearing the same differences that you and @surfgeorge described. That connection is not affected with R3 volume control as with coax cable and the sound a bit more open and everything from bass to soundstage is better for me.
Listening with HD800 and will also order the Shanling L2 cable.

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #3,757 of 6,859
Tidal error on certain songs. Error code 4007. Always the same songs fail, and those fail on every and each playback attempt. They fail regardless of the internet connection. I have tried on 3 different ISPs (2 wired through different routers, and a mobile lte broadband). They failed on 1.0x and now they fail on 1.1x firmwares, too. No problem with any other songs, just the ones which drop 4007.
Maybe this is a Tidal software issue?

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #3,758 of 6,859
well, im waiting for fiio btr3 and ldac, maybe a good match?

The r3 seems to drive my dt770 80ohms better than my fidelio x2, maybe someone has a tech knowledge why?

Gave up waiting for the fiio btr3 went with Earstudio ES100 sounds good on aptx into balanced SE846 but looking forward to ldac on the R3, if it's anything like ldac from my S8 phone

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #3,759 of 6,859
Maybe this is a Tidal software issue?

These songs play on PC, Android Tidal app, Logitech Squeezebox' Tidal app, Tidal integration of Android Usb Audio Player app
I still think, it has something to do with regional restrictions, and probably Tidal thinks the device is located in China. Because the device' regional settings seem to be locked to China.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #3,760 of 6,859
Being relatively new getting back into audio after a 20 year hiatus, the N5ii was my first dap since using iPods and iPhones for over a decade.

Wasn't really happy with it. Much happier with the R3 (though I'm even happier with the R6).
Can you be specific about what you like better with r6? Is the SQ substantially better?

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #3,763 of 6,859
LDAC is being tested in beta firmware in China and will be announced soon, as soon as some last bugs are squished. We got the LDAC certificate from Sony at the end of last month so are finally free to talk about it, thank god. On the other hand we are a bit miffed that a *certain* competitor has been advertising and giving off LDAC capability in public despite showing off a certificate from Sony last month that is dated only a few days earlier than the one we got last month (something else they're not supposed to do, as the certificate has "confidential" stamped right on it...)

Unless I'm *very* mistaken, it will work for receiving audio from the smartphone as well :ksc75smile:

Thats good to hear. Does/Has the R6 get LDAC certification as well?
The r3 and r6 both have apt-x codec, but not aptx-HD, correct? Neither have the Qualcomm chip for aptx-HD (requiring SoC)?

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #3,764 of 6,859
@HiBy Music @Joe Bloggs - for god's sake, can't you just list the brand + model + specs of the wireless and bluetooth chips/chipsets you have used in Hiby R3 ?

In this way at least we can look at their spec sheets and try to understand why these damned things are acting so weird.

As for Tidal app, I am getting sick of it. For god's sake, I was sampling New Albums, came across The Bridge and the Abyss by Jedi Mind Tricks; first track worked, second track worked, tracks 3 , 4 ,5 gave an unknown error. I shut down R3, and just recheked the same album and the same tracks, now all are playing as without problems. What is going on here ???

As another note: I have noticed that when you are on Tidal -> My Collection -> Albums and you click on the > a menu showing the album name and two options below that are displayed. When you tap on album name, nothing happens, however when you tap on the the right most part of the album name row, the album name disappears. The same thing happens on Artists, Tracks and Playlists. Whenever you tap on the right most point of the first row of the displayed menu, the text on that row disappears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back