The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 14, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #5,657 of 6,859
R3 is a great device. It has very clean silent background. Good detailed sound. Good interface. I had 0 issues w mine, works like a champ. As far as power, M11 will be more powerful. There might be a difference in sound because they use different DACs and apms. Bluetooth works good, and you can control it with your phone ( ).
other devices to consider are Shanling M0 and Fiio M5, both are tiny but capable players.

Hello there, I wanted to ask if it is possible to connect OP3 with the R3 via usb c or something because I would like to use spotify from time to time.
I could pair them with bluetooth but the quality is crap and my phone has disconnection issues.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #5,659 of 6,859
Kaizer, you might be able to transfer some files while connected to the smartphone, but i havent tried that. It definitely will NOT run Spotify that way. Bluetooth only. You might be able to listen to Spotify with a dongle DAC. I am not sure since i do not use music streaming apps.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #5,660 of 6,859
A perfect companion to the R3 is the Meze Noirs with the new original pads. My God, I swear, it's a pair made in heaven.

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #5,661 of 6,859
Just to be sure ,if I format a 64 gb card in my iMac to ex fat it will work in the Hiby R3? Just want to be sure before format it and load it all up with music. At one time I thought I read that micro SD cards need Fat 32 format to work in DAPS from Hiby and Fiio.

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #5,662 of 6,859
Just to be sure ,if I format a 64 gb card in my iMac to ex fat it will work in the Hiby R3? Just want to be sure before format it and load it all up with music. At one time I thought I read that micro SD cards need Fat 32 format to work in DAPS from Hiby and Fiio.
Yes, formatting to exfat on a Mac will work just fine in the R3. I have a 256GB card formatted to exfat on my Mac running just fine in the R3.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,663 of 6,859
I now own both the M11 and The R3.I was a bit disappointed that when I put firmware upgrade into the R3 I did not get the same Hiby player that I got when I put it on my M11 and upgraded it. Hiby player on the M11 had a great option that allowed it to find all missing album art on the internet and install it. It also allowed different ways to display album art on the M11. Because the R3 is a Hiby product I figured to get the most advanced Hiby player but no such luck.Any idea if the advanced Hiby player will make it to the R3 soon?

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #5,667 of 6,859
How is the M11 vs R3? even though I like the r3 I think it is limiting the user unnecessarily. wouldn't mind the change.

I had the M11 for a month or so and love its huge sound and soundstage.I bought the R3 for convenience and portability. The R3 has a nice warm sound and the M11 is more powerful with a brighter sound. Both sound great but I would not take M11 out of house because of its weight and size. The R3 is a gym, beach DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back