The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #2,356 of 6,859
Thx for that, always good to hear recommendations for new brews etc.

Seems as the article I quoted & another I read mead fell out of favour here in NA years ago but is making a huge comeback esp in the US where I think it’s said from’14-‘16 there was a huge increase of about 42% ?, anyhow I’m happy to see that!
I know as has been said it’s always been a fair mainstay in the UK so from my searches there a lot on offer if only I could get my hands on some here, failing that it’s my go to craft beer as I listen & enjoy my sounds until the R3 arrives to pleasure my ears...

There is a craft meadery just 20 minutes from where I live and they make excellent mead! Had a limited edition key lime (sounds weird) but it was really good. Lots of sour beers here in the US right now. Craft beer is insane here I have fatheads, hopping frog, and Great Lakes brewery all within an hour of where I live.

Almost too many choices here in the US.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #2,357 of 6,859
There is a craft meadery just 20 minutes from where I live and they make excellent mead! Had a limited edition key lime (sounds weird) but it was really good. Lots of sour beers here in the US right now. Craft beer is insane here I have fatheads, hopping frog, and Great Lakes brewery all within an hour of where I live.

Almost too many choices here in the US.

I agree, craft beer etc has exploded in the past few years & as with you there, we have boatloads of them locally or within a few hundred miles, far more than I could ever sample all their fates in a lifetime or at least my lifetime so I definitely have to narrow my choice/selection to something on the Dark Side of life’s tastes.

As for meadery’s I think from my search locally there are less than 1/2 doz haventvtried any as from their description all their varieties seem to be wine line mead & that’s ok I can definitely drink & enjoy but I prefer the more traditional or ones that are more liquer tasting the sweeter ones, not cloyingly sweet but maybe like some ice wines.
Anyhow it’s great to have such choice, I just wish more of the non local stuff was available here!

Guess I’ll have to move to The MIDDLE KINGDOM’! :wink:

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #2,358 of 6,859
I agree, craft beer etc has exploded in the past few years & as with you there, we have boatloads of them locally or within a few hundred miles, far more than I could ever sample all their fates in a lifetime or at least my lifetime so I definitely have to narrow my choice/selection to something on the Dark Side of life’s tastes.

As for meadery’s I think from my search locally there are less than 1/2 doz haventvtried any as from their description all their varieties seem to be wine line mead & that’s ok I can definitely drink & enjoy but I prefer the more traditional or ones that are more liquer tasting the sweeter ones, not cloyingly sweet but maybe like some ice wines.
Anyhow it’s great to have such choice, I just wish more of the non local stuff was available here!

Guess I’ll have to move to The MIDDLE KINGDOM’! :wink:

I’m with you on the mead, I don’t like it on the sweet side at all. Ice wine is yummy.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2,360 of 6,859
#95, black R3, and from Brisbane, Australia. Still no tracking yet either :/ getting really worried that it'll incur import taxes now as well after July 1st. It's not something I even considered when I bought it as they said shipping would be in May, and I'm within the first 100 backers.
Mine departed hk for Australia last night, expected delivery Monday. You’ll get a text from dhl.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #2,361 of 6,859
Mine departed hk for Australia last night, expected delivery Monday. You’ll get a text from dhl.
Thats really good news. I've yet to get any email nor phone text confirmation from DHL :frowning2:

Did you type up your phone number with the international dialling code? When providing the shipping information to them?

Or just standard Australian phone number format eg, (04xx xxx xxx)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,363 of 6,859
Thats really good news. I've yet to get any email nor phone text confirmation from DHL :frowning2:

Did you type up your phone number with the international dialling code? When providing the shipping information to them?

Or just standard Australian phone number format eg, (04xx xxx xxx)

No, just received a random text message from DHL at 7am with a tracking number and link.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #2,364 of 6,859

I got a text message from DHL this morning too. Delivery for Monday, however my address is a post box address, so hopefully they can deliver to a post office. ¯\_(ツ)_/
My DHL tracking came through via text this morning too. Very relieving, and the shipping is super quick with DHL for Australia. Although I'll probably need to get them to deliver it on Thursday instead of Monday as I'll be at work. I don't necessarily want them to leave it at the door as I've had a bad experience with that in the past. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #2,365 of 6,859
anyone run their Audioquest Night Owls with the R3?
Wondering if this will drive them

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #2,366 of 6,859
anyone run their Audioquest Night Owls with the R3?
Wondering if this will drive them

Don’t see why not my Night Hawks seem fairly easy to drive but then again I don’t drive them to ear bleeding levels so depends on your level of intensity & satisfaction.
From what I understand the R3 will drive most headphones fairly well expect the most difficult but then again I may be wrong...
So I’m expecting it to drive all my headphones to comfortable level for enjoyment.

I guess after we get it then we can exchange notes on how well we each thought/experienced its performance as we likely have very different sensitivity & thoughts on audio playback.

I think there’s a few of us that have the Night Owls & Hawks...

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,367 of 6,859
@abitdeef , @FridgeMagnet , @reeza you guys should try some of the ciders that are starting to come onto the market at the moment, it seems everyone is getting into production with almost any fruit from kiwi to blackberry being used! From Old Mout (New Zealand) to Kopperberg (Sweden) to our English varieties.
Still no sign of my grey r3 being shipped though :frowning2: , still, it’s my birthday today and I’ve got a few bottles of the amber nectar to see me through! :wink:

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #2,369 of 6,859
So how about a poll for who’s received their r3, which colour, their location and backing # ???
I’ll start with #1049 grey with leather case / no news / UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back