The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 16, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #1,561 of 6,859
Anyhow I’m not buying the R3 for streaming but for the option to play HiRes files from memory cds, streaming is secondary if at all unless with something PLEX or maybe a few others [even Spotify as a preferred option over Tidal] but definitely not Tidal.

Same. I have an Apple Music subscription for the family to all use but an SD card full of FLAC and local network streaming from my NAS/PLEX is my preferred.

Having all or as many online streaming services on the R3 would be absolutely brilliant i'm not going to lie, but if that's one of your main priorities, then the R6 (or other android DAP) would be the best and safe bet.

May 16, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #1,562 of 6,859
Same. I have an Apple Music subscription for the family to all use but an SD card full of FLAC and local network streaming from my NAS/PLEX is my preferred.

Having all or as many online streaming services on the R3 would be absolutely brilliant i'm not going to lie, but if that's one of your main priorities, then the R6 (or other android DAP) would be the best and safe bet.

Hey Leo, Exactly my sentiments!

I’m sure you’re aware of one of your own down there named Kasey Chambers, got a few of hers, love her voice, great writing & music makes for a excellent performer not that I’ve seen her live, but can imagine she puts on a great show...

May 17, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #1,564 of 6,859
Roon would be fine, but it is only working at home with your wifi.
There I would have many other/better options and I am normally using over-ears at home - if not the speakers.
For me, the Hiby will be my hifi away from home.

May 17, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #1,565 of 6,859
Roon would be fine, but it is only working at home with your wifi.
There I would have many other/better options and I am normally using over-ears at home - if not the speakers.
For me, the Hiby will be my hifi away from home.

@ khojberg:

That’s also why I’m getting the R3 so even tho I have the option of using it @ home with Wi-Fi, most days while I’m out it’s mostly locations that have wifi so that’s rarely a problem for me not having connectivity.
Also I have most of my music on a card or two so will always have music on the go...

May 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #1,568 of 6,859
Hiby have updated the comments on the Kickstarter page to advise that LDAC is in the "final certification approve stage."

Have been toying with the idea of the Sony WF-1000X but they don't appear to support LDAC. Current preference would be the iBasso IT01 with the Fiio bluetooth cable which supprts aptX. Anyone got anything similar planned?

May 17, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,569 of 6,859
Hiby have updated the comments on the Kickstarter page to advise that LDAC is in the "final certification approve stage."

Have been toying with the idea of the Sony WF-1000X but they don't appear to support LDAC. Current preference would be the iBasso IT01 with the Fiio bluetooth cable which supprts aptX. Anyone got anything similar planned?

Audeze Möbius headphone supports LDAC.

May 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,571 of 6,859
What!! LDAC in final stages of certification. Need more moolah for an ldac HP.. any advice would be much appreciated.

May 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,572 of 6,859
Another non-Sony option for over-ears is the Panasonic RP-HD600N. Not a lot of info about these but some of the translated reviews suggest they are not bass-heavy.

I’ll be pairing some ATH-WS990’s with the R3. They sound great over AAC to an i-device so aptX to the R3 should be fab

May 17, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,573 of 6,859

@ bigtim:

If these are Sony’s new Premium BT then I’m not sure where you got your info because here in NA LDAC Is included as well as UK here’s their webpage with all info in detail...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/...kgEAAYASAAEgLFOPD_BwE#product_details_default

So buy & enjoy...

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back