The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 16, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #1,546 of 6,859
I do not know if I missed sth but there was no update on Tidal-Offline, Spotify Streaming or LDAC usage right? I wonder why it takes so long to "certify" these features as they are only paying enough money to the companies (except from the spotify thing...)

May 16, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #1,547 of 6,859
HiBy said it would be shipped in the next 10 days. but also wrote that they wait for all questionnaires to be filled.. so. hopefully they can send it out soon.
has anyone pictures of the color options for the leather case?

@ Tanelorn:

Actually ‘but also wrote’... that is not correct!

I contacted them earlier & they said they aren’t waiting for all surveys back before shipping.
So as the devices are ready for shipping they’ll be going out in order of the backers from 1st on down the line, so don’t worry they’re already on it,
Lucky early backers get ready, cuz Santa’s:mrs_claus:Coming To Town! :scream:

May 16, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #1,548 of 6,859
I do not know if I missed sth but there was no update on Tidal-Offline, Spotify Streaming or LDAC usage right? I wonder why it takes so long to "certify" these features as they are only paying enough money to the companies (except from the spotify thing...)

Spotify I don't think there's any point waiting for. Little worried about the ldac, since shanling m0 comes with it. The r3 has been in dev for some time so would think it was in the box, if not something that was decided just before kickstarter or chinese sales started. People on jd.com has also questioned this.

May 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,549 of 6,859
@ Tanelorn:

Actually ‘but also wrote’... that is not correct!

I contacted them earlier & they said they aren’t waiting for all surveys back before shipping.
So as the devices are ready for shipping they’ll be going out in order of the backers from 1st on down the line, so don’t worry they’re already on it,
Lucky early backers get ready, cuz Santa’s:mrs_claus:Coming To Town! :scream:

Okay, maybe I got it wrong but they said in their last KS Update: "Once we gather the information of all the backers we will start the shipping out your orders". which for me means, once they got the information, they send it out.

Good if they decided to not do this :) Good for us.

May 16, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #1,550 of 6,859
Okay, maybe I got it wrong but they said in their last KS Update: "Once we gather the information of all the backers we will start the shipping out your orders". which for me means, once they got the information, they send it out.

Good if they decided to not do this :) Good for us.

@ Tanelorn:

Exactly, that why I contacted them as that didn’t make much sense & would penalize the backers that were expedient in the surgery returns!

So all is good, as soon as product is available it will be shipped to you according to backer # from 1 to me...:)

May 16, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #1,551 of 6,859
@ Tanelorn:

Exactly, that why I contacted them as that didn’t make much sense & would penalize the backers that were expedient in the surgery returns!

So all is good, as soon as product is available it will be shipped to you according to backer # from 1 to me...:)

Thats good you clarified this :)
Hopefully they will ship in big batches as I am Backer 983 :)

May 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,557 of 6,859
I'm backer #95 and I'll be sure to post in here as soon as my tracking comes through!

I'm the 85 and I'll do the same, and as soon as I receive it in Portugal I'll be posting too.

Is there any option to post an image without url?

May 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,558 of 6,859
Found it.
Time to do some final arts for some band projects. Won't following it as much has I've been until now... anything tag me ^-^ have a great Wednesday dudes!

IMG_20180516_023945_813.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #1,559 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs - I would like to reiterate the plea for services beyond Tidal.
More so considering this scandal in the making.
I am not currently a Tidal subscriber, and I don't think I could be after reading that piece of news.

Spotify may only provide lossy music, but so far it has managed to avoid such potentially devastating practices.
It looks like things are getting worse for Tidal: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/16/17361646/tidal-late-royalty-payments

May 16, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,560 of 6,859

@ csglinux:

Exactly what I posted a few weeks back but got vilified by a few for saying that it’s likely possible that ‘The TIDE Is On The Way OUT’:ocean:!!!

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/16/17361646/tidal-late-royalty-payments

It don’t have a subscription with them & that’s one of the reason as their business practice has been suspect for a while now ie: over inflating their subscribers by huge or significant amounts ie: lying & cheating etc, not a company I would knowingly give my hard earned $ to...

Anyhow I’m not buying the R3 for streaming but for the option to play HiRes files from memory cds, streaming is secondary if at all unless with something PLEX or maybe a few others [even Spotify as a preferred option over Tidal] but definitely not Tidal.

Anyhow since I’m not a :ocean:user it’s kind of a moot point as I’ll enjoy the R3 for own personal usage.:robot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back