The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 14, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,501 of 6,859
They removed my crispy post about hot Japanese woman and Cathy Cat! Here since 1998 and the first time it ever happened, lol the whole tread is off topic because no one has the unit yet.

Dear lord I’d love to find out who toke the time to complain. Going back to ihatepopupads And it did contain relative information about R3 - they found it inoffensive

Yes my carpet matches the drapes comment was off coulor but this is supposed to be a fun hobby site, well it used to be

@ A Bit Deef:!

I hear ya, it’s the ‘New World Order’!

The sense of humour that was a requirement for being able to deal with real life has long since died or more to the point sadly has been killed off by the New ‘PC’ Movement !!!

The World will never gets its sense of humour back if PC’s has its way going forward!

At least they haven’t got to the last few of us ‘loaf’ over ‘colour matching drapes, carpets & furniture of olive avacado green’! :L3000:

May 14, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,502 of 6,859
Im sorry for being a dousche but I can’t help myself, there was a whole thing going on about over the ear headphones and then craft beer and that’s great because without R3 in our hot little hands there is really nothing on subject to say that hasn’t been said.

Oh the screen looks nice, it sure is small and has tidal and it might have LDAC. Sorry I’m a little peeved because I was here when this this Thing was wet dream. Jude remembers.

I really guess I sound like an ahole but hobbies are supposed to be fun right? and you won’t find a natural blonde Japanese women and Cathy Cat is so cute! I’m posting the same thing lol

Last edited by a moderator:
May 14, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,504 of 6,859
:robot::robot:
Im sorry for being a dousche but I can’t help myself, there was a whole thing going on about over the ear headphones and then craft beer and that’s great because without R3 in our hot little hands there is really nothing on subject to say that hasn’t been said.

Oh the screen looks nice, it sure is small and has tidal and it might have LDAC. Sorry I’m a little peeved because I was here when this this Thing was wet dream. Jude remembers.

@ I Hate Pads:

Haha Chill Man , I’m still having those ‘WD’ about ‘It’!:robot:

May 14, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #1,506 of 6,859
Blah blah blah Blah!!! Alex lifesons rock and roll hall of game speech. But not as good as Rick Wakemans:wink:

@ Pads:!

I had that problem early this morning kept getting an error & wouldn’t post properly so I kept trying to post same post & it then spit about 1/2 + identical ones that I had to go back & delete separately! PITA ; )

May 14, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,507 of 6,859

I had that problem early this morning kept getting an error & wouldn’t post properly so I kept trying to post same post & it then spit about 1/2 + identical ones that I had to go back & delete separately! PITA ; )
As Frank Zappa said on sheik yerbody. ‘whatever happened to all the fun in the world?’

Didn’t you get the ‘Official Office Memo’ sent around recently?

Re: All Staff Please Take Note!!!

‘Fun Has Officially Been Cancelled Effective Immediately Due To A Lack Sense Of Humour, Backdated For Quite Some Time!!!
Deal With It & Get Over It’!!!

Yours Respectfully,

>I’M The BOSS Of EVERYBODY !!!<
Deal With It, It’s The New World Order!

; )

May 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,508 of 6,859

Didn’t you get the ‘Official Office Memo’ sent around recently?

Re: All Staff Please Take Note!!!

‘Fun Has Officially Been Cancelled Effective Immediately Due To A Lack Sense Of Humour, Backdated For Quite Some Time!!!
Deal With It & Get Over It’!!!

Yours Respectfully,

>I’M The BOSS Of EVERYBODY !!!<
Deal With It, It’s The New World Order!

; )

Ha ha I never got that memo mate, in the immortal words of Roger Daltry ‘I’m Free’ ! I just don’t know who would take the time to report my silly post.

Unless it was a Japanese women, and in that case I am truly sorry about the curtains matching the carpet- that is a great compliment because here in America you just don’t know what is going on down there! :wink: Might not be any carpet at all!!! Oh lord did I just say that??

What does this have to do with hiby R3? Absolutely nothing!

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,509 of 6,859
Ha ha I never got that memo mate, in the immortal words of Roger Daltry ‘I’m Free’ ! I just don’t know who would take the time to report my silly post.

Unless it was a Japanese women, and in that case I am truly sorry about the curtains matching the carpet- that is a great compliment because here in America you just don’t know what is going on down there! :wink:

@ Deef Pad:!

Yes, you are Free because we fried your ‘Swipe Card’ code so don’t worry about coming to pick up your last pay check, we fried that as well just because it was funny!
; )

As you said, not much to talk about til we get our R3 except comparing colour swatches for our curtains & sofa’s to make sure we have colour coordinated chill out pads!
I’d hate Home & Garden to call us out for lack of taste, never live that down @ the Country Club! lol

May 14, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,510 of 6,859
@ Deef Pad:!

Yes, you are Free because we fried your ‘Swipe Card’ code so don’t worry about coming to pick up your last pay check, we fried that as well just because it was funny!
; )

As you said, not much to talk about til we get our R3 except comparing colour swatches for our curtains & sofa’s to make sure we have colour coordinated chill out pads!
I’d hate Home & Garden to call us out for lack of taste, never live that down @ the Country Club! lol

I’m a trust fund brat, which makes me about 120% a dick

But I didn’t ask for it. I told the family to shove the cash up their ass until my brother talked me into reality. I’m a stepson so..... I do work for the county where I live. I have mass problems with authority figures in case you haven’t noticed.

Now when is R3 coming!!!! Will it be awesome or sort of lame? I also own lots of rifles and handguns because I lived on a farm when I was a wee lad and take my 2nd amendment rights seriously. A good thing about America imho.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #1,511 of 6,859
@ Reeza:

Hey Leo,

How’s your ‘Listening’ session going, did you get a chance to listen to those few tracks I proffered up for some late night goodness with your GoldenElixir?

Besides the interruption of Mother’s Day, I’ve had a few listening and beer sessions with them... Some really great stuff that sound awesome on my Focal’s. Love
South California Purples and digging the rest of the album in fact. Such a great recording sound for the time, love the bass sound and the snare drum snap.

Cheers. Leo.

May 15, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #1,512 of 6,859
Besides the interruption of Mother’s Day, I’ve had a few listening and beer sessions with them... Some really great stuff that sound awesome on my Focal’s. Love
South California Purples and digging the rest of the album in fact. Such a great recording sound for the time, love the bass sound and the snare drum snap.

Cheers. Leo.

Hey Leo,

Glad you got to spend a bit of time with CTA & I agree the entire album is excellent esp my fave SCP & their cover of I’m A Man the old Winwood Classic!
I agree the sound on those Focal’s is excellent & so glad you’re experiencing new found audio nirvana, well a good beer or two certainly contributes its fair share awesomeness! ; )
Yes, I agree with you that it’s a very good recording considering it was recorded approx 50 yrs agolate 68 or so & releaed Jan.1.69.,
Not sure exactly which studio they recorded it in but Columbia Records Studios had some of the betterbir best gear in the business way back the, remember Miles Davis ‘Kind Of Blue’ in Columbia was recorded back in ‘59 at one of their NY Studios so I’m sure Columbia new what they were doing & made the effort to give Chicago TA this best opportunity to get all that sizzling hot live sound captured in the studio on vinyl!
I tell you I’ve been listening to that album since then & never get tired of it esp SCP.
Did you get a chance to listen to ‘Loan Me A Dime’ from Boz Scaggs w Duane Allman schredding the g string?!
That’s another classic I’ve played from way back then & again never get tired of that album & esp that track, a lot of passion in that beauty!

Cheers...

May 15, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #1,514 of 6,859
Hey Leo,

Glad you got to spend a bit of time with CTA & I agree the entire album is excellent esp my fave SCP & their cover of I’m A Man the old Winwood Classic!
I agree the sound on those Focal’s is excellent & so glad you’re experiencing new found audio nirvana, well a good beer or two certainly contributes its fair share awesomeness! ; )
Yes, I agree with you that it’s a very good recording considering it was recorded approx 50 yrs agolate 68 or so & releaed Jan.1.69.,
Not sure exactly which studio they recorded it in but Columbia Records Studios had some of the betterbir best gear in the business way back the, remember Miles Davis ‘Kind Of Blue’ in Columbia was recorded back in ‘59 at one of their NY Studios so I’m sure Columbia new what they were doing & made the effort to give Chicago TA this best opportunity to get all that sizzling hot live sound captured in the studio on vinyl!
I tell you I’ve been listening to that album since then & never get tired of it esp SCP.
Did you get a chance to listen to ‘Loan Me A Dime’ from Boz Scaggs w Duane Allman schredding the g string?!
That’s another classic I’ve played from way back then & again never get tired of that album & esp that track, a lot of passion in that beauty!

Cheers...

There are some; but it's definitely not as easy to fine well recored modern albums. I guess budgets, digital age, home recordings, more complex etc... on the plus side, it make it more accessible for bands to record nowdays, which is great too.

Yes, enjoyed loan me a dime, a great track for chilling out to, in the dark and having a drink. Anyway, starting to compile a playlist of great sounding tracks on the Focal on my AP200, just wish I could export it out to the R3 when it arrives.

Now, I was going to ask where the KS survey was, but I see you have been rather busy on the comments over there reminding us how it is :wink:

May 15, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #1,515 of 6,859
There are some; but it's definitely not as easy to fine well recored modern albums. I guess budgets, digital age, home recordings, more complex etc... on the plus side, it make it more accessible for bands to record nowdays, which is great too.

Yes, enjoyed loan me a dime, a great track for chilling out to, in the dark and having a drink. Anyway, starting to compile a playlist of great sounding tracks on the Focal on my AP200, just wish I could export it out to the R3 when it arrives.

Now, I was going to ask where the KS survey was, but I see you have been rather busy on the comments over there reminding us how it is :wink:

Leo, you can always just disregard & ignore ‘my raving of a lunatic’ but actually from how Hiby phrased the reply I referenced I’m very sure when they said ‘Next Monday’ they meant the following week, so as I mentioned I’m not concerned at all about the shipping date because if the questionnaire/survey comes out next Monday as indicated then they’ll have enough info to start shipping with in a few days likely by weeks end I estimate, so that would mean shiipingbout mid late week of the 22-25th at earliest or 28-June1st.
Just the version going thru my head atm.
So you should’ve receiving yours a few days earlier than I, in a few weeks!

Yes I agree, more opportunities for new recordings to come out.
Still I’m amazed at how good many recordings from way back then sound so that we can enjoy on whatever option we choose.
Hopefully you’ll find a way to export your playlist somehow eventually.

Signing off for the night, but I’ll drop a few more of my fave gems you might like.

If you’ve got any you might want to share let me know...

GM
Zzzzz

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back