The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,576 of 6,859
May 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #1,577 of 6,859
May 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #1,579 of 6,859
I'm hoping there are lots of good things to be said about the UI of this device. As someone who wants good navigation, likes hardware buttons, and doesn't really want an Android device, the options for what to buy after my Shanling M1 are really limited.

May 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #1,580 of 6,859
I'm hoping there are lots of good things to be said about the UI of this device. As someone who wants good navigation, likes hardware buttons, and doesn't really want an Android device, the options for what to buy after my Shanling M1 are really limited.

@handwanderer:

I think you’re not alone in that dept.

There are a couple of good online reviews from a few months ago as well as a few from people that got their hands on it & by the sounds of it sounds like you won’t have much to complain about.

Cheers...

May 17, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #1,582 of 6,859
LDAC! Need to buy another set of HP now! :wink:

JK, loving my Focals :)

P.s I will eventually by a set LDAC HP :ksc75smile:

Leo,

Definitely a nice feature to have included both on the R3 & Hp.

When I choose to use BT I’m with you, love my Focal Listen BT.

As I mentioned earlier, I might pick up the Sony MDX 1000X3 or whatever the follow up version of the current totl BT one’s are called [another case of a BIG CO. using & changing the name of essentially the same hp from one year to the next, confiding & stupid Sony!]

Anyhow if I’m wired then will be my Focal Elear or Denon AH-D7200 for enjoyment!

By the way have you listened to Kasey Chambers or Barry Saunders ‘Al Those Things’ great track![think he’s from down your way as well]

You said you had a couple of kids, I’d say from our convo they are just the right age to get them a pair of hp & get them educated on some great classic music of various genres!!!

May 17, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,583 of 6,859
@ csglinux:

Exactly what I posted a few weeks back but got vilified by a few for saying that it’s likely possible that ‘The TIDE Is On The Way OUT’:ocean:!!!

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/16/17361646/tidal-late-royalty-payments

It don’t have a subscription with them & that’s one of the reason as their business practice has been suspect for a while now ie: over inflating their subscribers by huge or significant amounts ie: lying & cheating etc, not a company I would knowingly give my hard earned $ to...

Anyhow I’m not buying the R3 for streaming but for the option to play HiRes files from memory cds, streaming is secondary if at all unless with something PLEX or maybe a few others [even Spotify as a preferred option over Tidal] but definitely not Tidal.

Anyhow since I’m not a :ocean:user it’s kind of a moot point as I’ll enjoy the R3 for own personal usage.:robot:

I totally hear you. Bear in mind, if you're only needing local playback, you can buy a Shanling M0 that's less bulky and half the price (and still has LDAC and AptX Bluetooth). The key differentiating feature with the R3 is streaming - and that's not going to be any differentiating factor at all if Tidal goes under and Spotify isn't supported :frowning2:

May 17, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,584 of 6,859
I totally hear you. Bear in mind, if you're only needing local playback, you can buy a Shanling M0 that's less bulky and half the price (and still has LDAC and AptX Bluetooth). The key differentiating feature with the R3 is streaming - and that's not going to be any differentiating factor at all if Tidal goes under and Spotify isn't supported :frowning2:

Fair enough, but atm we don’t know what Hiby is adding as a final solution or or what possible add one down the road with fw updates.
Anyhow I’m hoping for Spot & praying they wake & change & improve their business model to ass/make 3 streaming tiers as I suggested earlier, that way they’d cover all options for free & paid streaming audio quality options & relegate Apple Music & Tidal as well to irrelevance if done right sooner than later.
Also I’ve also said that Samsung’s disastrous attempt to compete with Apple itunes/Music a few years ago they just killed off in the absurdity lame named music offering called ‘MILK’ :cold_sweat::cry::rage:
So if Samsung could just buy either Tidal or Spot & do it right that would be job #1.
That would be a huge move in the right direction correcting their past ‘milk’ fiasco, might just be as important to them in the long run as was buying Harmon Kardon last year for $5Billion & & getting into a large segment of home & mobile audio as well as more importantly for them auto connectivity as HK is one of the leaders in that sector!

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,585 of 6,859
Leo,

Definitely a nice feature to have included both on the R3 & Hp.

When I choose to use BT I’m with you, love my Focal Listen BT.

As I mentioned earlier, I might pick up the Sony MDX 1000X3 or whatever the follow up version of the current totl BT one’s are called [another case of a BIG CO. using & changing the name of essentially the same hp from one year to the next, confiding & stupid Sony!]

Anyhow if I’m wired then will be my Focal Elear or Denon AH-D7200 for enjoyment!

By the way have you listened to Kasey Chambers or Barry Saunders ‘Al Those Things’ great track![think he’s from down your way as well]

You said you had a couple of kids, I’d say from our convo they are just the right age to get them a pair of hp & get them educated on some great classic music of various genres!!!

I’d love something like the Apple AirPods but with LDAC. Sony have some nice ones similar but they don’t have LDAC support??

Not a fan of Kasey and not sure about Barry... as for the kids, the girl one is into taylor swift etc, so I’ve already lost her as for the boy, I’m working on him slowly.

May 17, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #1,586 of 6,859
I’d love something like the Apple AirPods but with LDAC. Sony have some nice ones similar but they don’t have LDAC support??

Not a fan of Kasey and not sure about Barry... as for the kids, the girl one is into taylor swift etc, so I’ve already lost her as for the boy, I’m working on him slowly.

Ok, doubt Apple will accommodate you or others looking for that to happen esp as it’s a Sony proprietary tech, as they basically do their own thing good, bad or indifferent.

Myself not a fan of earbuds or iem asthey drive me nuts, after in there for a short period of time start to get uncomfortable itching tickling basically feeling like some foreign entity burrowing in there like some SciFi Alien Horror Movies I’ve seen where they implant some virus/bug entity in the ear wherevitvthen takes over the host & the rest is history!
Ok I have an overactive immagination but that’s why I’m all for over the ear hp, besides they provide a much better overall audio experience never mind being more comfortable for long term listening at least for me.

Yeah Music is a pretty personal thing, so not surprised you might bormt be a fan of Kasey.
I found her by chance quite a few years ago while hearing some music on a tv series or movie from Australia or NZ sobgoogled tryingvto find the singer.
Never did but came across her & I think cuz of the mood or head space I was in at the time the feeling I got listening to kinda captured the moment.
As for Barry again heard some of his music on a show & struck a chord, no pun intended but I think that’s how much of the music we come across on our own gets us, or we get it.
Yeah I hear ya, one of my best friends daughter is in her mid teens & that type of music is typical fare, his son who’s a few years younger is getting there as well.
There’s always hope & a prayer! :)

May 17, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #1,589 of 6,859
Ok, doubt Apple will accommodate you or others looking for that to happen esp as it’s a Sony proprietary tech, as they basically do their own thing good, bad or indifferent.

No, you have miss understood me I think. “Like” Apple’s AirPods, not Apple AirPods; they can be from any quality brand/ manufacturer...

Like these Sony’s https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000x#editorial_image_740976599931069091179836 but with LDAC.

IEMs can get uncomfortable, but when I catch the train/ walk around the city etc, I’m not a fan of walking around with big headphones on, I prefer small and discrete.

May 17, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,590 of 6,859
:robot:
No, you have miss understood me I think. “Like” Apple’s AirPods, not Apple AirPods; they can be from any quality brand/ manufacturer...

Like these Sony’s https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000x#editorial_image_740976599931069091179836 but with LDAC.

IEMs can get uncomfortable, but when I catch the train/ walk around the city etc, I’m not a fan of walking around with big headphones on, I prefer small and discrete.

Ic, you’re correct, yes I did.

For me I’ve been wearing hp almost from the get go outside because as soon as I starting to feel discomfort after extended listening with eb or iem I decided to start using my over the ear hp.
I decided or figured that having high end audiophile hp [very expensive for me at least] just sitting at home wasting away while I suffered thru daily ear agro with iem that I should make the best use of my hp & do double duty giving me best bang for my buck.
So I’ve rewarded with a much better high quality audio experience while out & about.
Depending on where I’m going or what I’m doing I’ll either take my Focal BT if I’m planning on maybe being somewhere where I might worry about my more expensive wired hp like walking to the park or along the sea wall down to the beach etc.
If not & just going to one my local cafes for a few java/mocha to read or just listen to music then I’ll take my expensive hp.

Now I don’t notice the size anymore because I totally disappear into the music.

Again, ymmv/to each his own.

So I’m really excited as we all are getting the R3 in my hands to connect to my choice of :) & elevate my listening experience even more outside.:robot:

You might like to tune into our National Broadcaster here & listen to the streaming programs!

Check it/him out, I think you’ll enjoy!
CBC Radio 2, currently listening to ‘After Dark’ starts @8pm till midnight M-F, host is Odario Williams & he plays a really ecletic supply of great Night Mood Juice for your late night pleasure!

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back