The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 15, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,531 of 6,859

Thanks. Nice. there was a big difference between the N5ii and the R6. Seems like there's another big difference between the R6 and the R3. Really looking forward to getting the R3 in my hands. Recently got the KSE1200, and been enjoying it for the last 24 hours with the R6, great match. Wondering if the R3 will also be a good match for these headphones.

May 15, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,532 of 6,859
May 15, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,534 of 6,859
I was just being a little bit of a smart ass about your KS comments :wink:

However.... The survey has just come through. Woohoo!

As for sharing some stuff with you, I’m now a little nervous too, hehe.

One modern album you may enjoy and I think the recording is absolutely brilliant is the first album from The Winery Dogs (self titled); some extremely talented musicians!

Hey Leo,

No problem I can be as well & my sense of humour is out there so not for everybody.
Gotta have a really good sense of humour to get thru life right mate! ; )

Thx for the music to check out will try & get to it this week.

As well as being semi permanently stuck in a time warp back in previous generations of music, I try & listen to as much current music as possible when time allows.

My main music genres are very eclectic & include depending on the time of day, mood/ drink at my disposal & in np particular order are:

*Jazz, Blues, R&B/Soul, Rock/R&R, Electronic, C&W/New Country, Classical, World, EDM, Alternative & a few others that are kinda difficult to classify but just interesting & good music/sounds...

Amped for my R3...

Cheers

May 15, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #1,535 of 6,859
Fair enough now it’s all starting to happen again...

We can continue over here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pairing-great-music-with-delicious-beers.879804/

P.s no street art discussion :wink:

Yeah Art is SO PERSONAL that I just draw Stick Men & admire the talent I have that is so sublime, all encompassing & immense.
It’s really not fair to all others that their work pales in comparison to my ‘Stick Men’!

Go figure hmm..

Remember ‘A Work Of Art Is Worth A Much As Anyone’s Willing To Pay For It, Nothing More Nothing Less’...

So said someone famous or maybe not so famous! haha

May 15, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,536 of 6,859
I was just being a little bit of a smart ass about your KS comments :wink:

However.... The survey has just come through. Woohoo!

As for sharing some stuff with you, I’m now a little nervous too, hehe.

One modern album you may enjoy and I think the recording is absolutely brilliant is the first album from The Winery Dogs (self titled); some extremely talented musicians!

Hey Leo,

Thx for the recommendation of the Dogs, yeah pretty good, good hard driving drums bass.
Overall the remind me of one or two more recent groups, exp the vocal can’t put my finger on it yet.

You might like these guys someone turned me onto earlier this year.

Greta Van Fleet on ‘ From The Fires’ album, man it just blew me away that this is like being in a time warp listening to the ‘Lost Zeppelin Tapes’ from their 1st recording session, damn amazing!

This album is damn impressive, love their cover of the Great ‘Sam Cooke’ Classic ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’ impressive!

I saw Zeppelin in TO @ the Rock Pile capacity [ !!! 1200 People!!! can you imagine] during their tail end of their 1st NA Tour & listening to GVF now takes me back to that typical cold winter night listen to Zeppelin with 1200 other freaked out souls for the very 1st time!!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...on-led-zeppelin-influence-blues-roots-w515153

Also try this for a change of pace!

Miles Mosley, regarded by many in the business as one of the very best stand up bass players & damn fine musician, singer & all round super cool!

He’s coming to Victoria late July to the Philips Brewery Backyard Weekend a 3 day party in the sun @ the brewery!
Should be a blast, going to try & get over & see him if I can make it, if not I’ll defin be bummed I missed him!

Check out this yt vid recorded live in the q studio @ CBC Toronto after his interview interesting with Tom Powers from last year where he plays ‘More Than This’ & they rip it up starting at around the 3:30 mark of the recording [from his Uprising album]

This is the full interview.

That’s it for now man, gotta get out in the sun & get some java & listen some music!
:)

Oh yeah, I’ll leave you one of the very best ‘Travelling Light’ from ‘You Want It Darker’ by The Master of It All :clap: Leonard Cohen !

Cheers...

May 15, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,537 of 6,859
Does anyone happen to know how long it took for the R6 to be shipped after the survey? That might give us a better indication of how long the process will take.
Hi, If I recall correctly, there wasn't a survey after the R6 IGG campaign closed, just a verification of your address and contact information. The choices were made up front when selecting the device. The great part about being an initial supporter was receiving the R6 the following week after the campaign closed! I believe I got my FEDEX notification a day after the closing. The device arrived the following week... From China to the USA! It was really a sweet transaction. Don't know if this campaign will be the same, but it's the reason I decided to back the R3, as well.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #1,540 of 6,859
Has anyone seen any pictures of the black or brown leather cases?

I wasn't prepared to make that choice.
Just went with the black... playing it safe... Yeah - I was not ready for this question either and could not find photos in Kickstarter for the leather cases.

May 16, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,541 of 6,859
Just went with the black... playing it safe... Yeah - I was not ready for this question either and could not find photos in Kickstarter for the leather cases.
I have the leather case for the R6 and it is beautiful. Blue so dark it looks black until you shine a light on it. I got Brown this time just cuz, and expect it to look spectacular

May 16, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,544 of 6,859
Hi, If I recall correctly, there wasn't a survey after the R6 IGG campaign closed, just a verification of your address and contact information. The choices were made up front when selecting the device. The great part about being an initial supporter was receiving the R6 the following week after the campaign closed! I believe I got my FEDEX notification a day after the closing. The device arrived the following week... From China to the USA! It was really a sweet transaction. Don't know if this campaign will be the same, but it's the reason I decided to back the R3, as well.
Thanks for that. Hopefully that means they'll start shipping out the R3 soon and it won't be reliant on every single person having to fill in the survey before they start.

May 16, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,545 of 6,859
Thanks for that. Hopefully that means they'll start shipping out the R3 soon and it won't be reliant on every single person having to fill in the survey before they start.
HiBy said it would be shipped in the next 10 days. but also wrote that they wait for all questionnaires to be filled.. so. hopefully they can send it out soon.
has anyone pictures of the color options for the leather case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back