The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Feb 1, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #437 of 1,312
Aptx LL is optimized only for the lowest possible lantency, which ends up also results in very poor sound quality in general as it uses very low bandwidth and compression rate.

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #438 of 1,312
Aptx LL is optimized only for the lowest possible lantency, which ends up also results in very poor sound quality in general as it uses very low bandwidth and compression rate.
I know it is supposed to be lower quality but I have a switch on my transmitter to change between HD and LL, with quick switching in between I dont really notice the difference in quality with Sundaras and 58X, I mainly leave it for LL for daily use, sometimes HD for music, for my ears the difference is quite small.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #440 of 1,312
With the es100 I had the problem that every contact with the device was transmitted to the headphones. This did not happen with the FiiO btr3. How did you experience the w3 regarding this?

What so you mean by 'every contact with the device was transmitted to the headphones'? Like touching the ES100 itself makes a sound that physically transmits to the headphone, like a cable noise / occlusion effect on IEM? Or do you means touching the ES100 creates an electronic interference on the headphone?

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #441 of 1,312
What so you mean by 'every contact with the device was transmitted to the headphones'? Like touching the ES100 itself makes a sound that physically transmits to the headphone, like a cable noise / occlusion effect on IEM? Or do you means touching the ES100 creates an electronic interference on the headphone?

It physically transmits to the headphone. Probably like cable noise. But it was the device itself.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #442 of 1,312
It physically transmits to the headphone. Probably like cable noise. But it was the device itself.

Can't say I notice any occlusion effect on W3. Then again, I didn't notice it on ES100 either. This will mostly have to do with how you are wearing the adapter and the headphone. You need to 'ground' the cable to stop it from transmitting the noise, which means clipping it to your clothes.

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #443 of 1,312
Can't say I notice any occlusion effect on W3. Then again, I didn't notice it on ES100 either. This will mostly have to do with how you are wearing the adapter and the headphone. You need to 'ground' the cable to stop it from transmitting the noise, which means clipping it to your clothes.

Every time I touched the housing itself I could hear it on the headphone, irrespective of the headphones. The same headphones did have nothing similar with the FiiO btr3, so I guess it should be independent of the cables. Maybe the es100 was faulty. I sent it back as it really was annoying.

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #444 of 1,312
Every time I touched the housing itself I could hear it on the headphone, irrespective of the headphones. The same headphones did have nothing similar with the FiiO btr3, so I guess it should be independent of the cables. Maybe the es100 was faulty. I sent it back as it really was annoying.

That's pretty weird, seems to me it is likely the ES100 as well.

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #446 of 1,312
Hello all, I am looking for somthing that may not exist. I want to get a desktop Bluetooth transmitter/receiver that can power most headphones decently well that has both wired and Bluetooth outputs.

I am hoping to connect it to my Piano via aux out (from the piano) then I want it to be flexible enough to handle both a wired output or a Bluetooth. Sometimes I want to be able to wirelessly connect Bluetooth headphones to it and sometimes I want to be able to connect wired headphones to it.

I may also want to listen to music from it so I want it to have decent sound quality, but it doesn’t have to be As good as my Hugo 2

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #447 of 1,312
Hello all, I am looking for somthing that may not exist....

You are right - it does not exist.

However, a FiiO DAP, when used as a desktop DAC/amp, can do most of what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #448 of 1,312
You are right - it does not exist.

However, a FiiO DAP, when used as a desktop DAC/amp, can do most of what you are looking for.

thank you! I could also make a stack, with a Bluetooth receiver on top of an amp and DAC...that way I can use the receiver when I want to go wireless and the Regular amp/DAC for the wired connection.

Do you have a recommendation for reciever that can connect to Bluetooth headphones?

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #449 of 1,312
thank you! I could also make a stack, with a Bluetooth receiver on top of an amp and DAC...that way I can use the receiver when I want to go wireless and the Regular amp/DAC for the wired connection.

Do you have a recommendation for reciever that can connect to Bluetooth headphones?

What you are looking for is not a receiver, but a transmitter. Unfortunately there just isn't any particularly good BT transmitter around. Most that I have seen are really designed for adding Bluetooth capability to TV, and limited to aptX or aptX-HD. There is really nothing on LDAC transmitter that I know of.

Amp/DAC with BT receiver on the other hand are easy to find.

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #450 of 1,312
What you are looking for is not a receiver, but a transmitter. Unfortunately there just isn't any particularly good BT transmitter around. Most that I have seen are really designed for adding Bluetooth capability to TV, and limited to aptX or aptX-HD. There is really nothing on LDAC transmitter that I know of.

Amp/DAC with BT receiver on the other hand are easy to find.

does the Chord 2go/2yu combo or the hugo2/2go combo support Bluetooth streaming to wireless headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back