The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #796 of 917
I know I will. I already own the 2Move
smily_headphones1.gif
I just love Meier's sound signature.

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #797 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the XXS, which is basically the same thing.

You'll love the headsix. Trust me.

NSX 23, I noticed you have this amp and also the K601s. Is it powerful enough at 7mA to power the 601s?

I'm thinking of this amp or the iBasso P3 and I'll be using anything from earbuds to my K 240 MK IIs.

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #798 of 917
I'm planning on ordering one of these tomorrow as my first portable amp providing that they're still in stock and that I can find a power supply.

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase one (I'm pretty clueless on what to look for, other than being regulated; what ampere rating am I looking for?).

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #799 of 917
Update 10-25-2008

Dear Headfellows,

The financial crisis has brought us many bad news lately. However, there is one small thing that you may like to hear. Due to the rapid changes of the Dollar-Euro exchange rate I have been able to lower the price of the HEADSIX to USD 145,- only.

Cheers

Jan

Oct 27, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #801 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update 10-25-2008

Dear Headfellows,

The financial crisis has brought us many bad news lately. However, there is one small thing that you may like to hear. Due to the rapid changes of the Dollar-Euro exchange rate I have been able to lower the price of the HEADSIX to USD 145,- only.

Cheers

Jan

Oh man, only if I had waited a few days... Damn you international crisis!!! Anyways, keep up the nice work Jan! Those amps really are some pieces of art!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy_uk77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about CORDA 2MOVE price?

2Move price has dropped to $225.
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #802 of 917
No one else has purchased this little magical amp? I got one and I don't regret it at all.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #804 of 917
I'm guessing it's too early for a Headseven yet. But we never know
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #805 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadozen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one else has purchased this little magical amp? I got one and I don't regret it at all.

I ordered one last week...
wink.gif

Brasileiro tb? Cool to find some mates around.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #806 of 917
Sorry if I have changed the topic but I thought I would say something about how to improve the sound quality of the Stax SRM007t and Stax SRM007ta amplifiers. Many people have said that these amplifiers can not run the various models of Stax Pro headphones; that they simply do not have the power to drive these headphones and until recently I also felt the same way. I have recently come upon some information which might help the owners of the SRM 007t and SRM 007ta. If you are using a laptop as a source, you should be aware of the fact that your laptop has two volume controls. One is a physically pressed volume control that is on the front or side of your laptop. The volume on that control should be at a middle level; not up too high. Also you have an onscreen volume controller that should be adjusted to a higher level. Thirdly you should adjust and test the sound of your SRM 007t and/or SRM007ta amplifier to a comfortable volume level so that when it is at the halfway mark, you have what you consider the ideal volume and sound. All I can say is once I made the above adjustments; both of my Stax Amps- SRM007t and SRM007ta began to sound just great with far more than enough power and clearity. I hope this helps someone out there in Headfi land. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc

Dec 30, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #807 of 917
This little amp looks and feel very attractive nonetheless, I have still doubts regarding the need of a portable amp to power my ATH-AD900.

Those cans are extremely easy to drive (ie grado for example) but I believe are still far less sensitive than most IEM so I have absolutely no hiss issue from the headphone output of my Ipods (Nano so far but IPhone Touch on the way).

What would you recommend. Should I expect some noticeable sonic gain using the headsix (to compensate the hassle of carrying an additionnal gear) or should I just stick with the headphone out of my Ipods.

The total cost for the headsix + a decent LOD is close to €170/$230, which is definitely not cheap.

Thanks for your insight,

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #808 of 917
Hello all,

I really like the sound from my IPOD via LOD to my Headsix. I use my UE SF 5 Pro IEMs and am very impressed. I have now procured a great pair of Sennheiser HD590 headphones for non-portable use. For my source (if I am thinking properly) would be a Cambridge Audio CD player to a yet TBD headphone amp to the Senn's. Would I notice a huge difference between a tube amp and the current 2 ch amp (Nikko product from 1980's)? Would it be more green, ie use less or more electric power than amp and pre-amp combined? Would it be a good value for the two to three hundred it will cost me in Canuckistan.

B
o2smile.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #809 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeboy999
Headsix great, will tubes in MKIII or Starving student do more?
Hello all,

I really like the sound from my IPOD via LOD to my Headsix. I use my UE SF 5 Pro IEMs and am very impressed. I have now procured a great pair of Sennheiser HD590 headphones for non-portable use. For my source (if I am thinking properly) would be a Cambridge Audio CD player to a yet TBD headphone amp to the Senn's. Would I notice a huge difference between a tube amp and the current 2 ch amp (Nikko product from 1980's)? Would it be more green, ie use less or more electric power than amp and pre-amp combined? Would it be a good value for the two to three hundred it will cost me in Canuckistan.

You'd be better off with something like a Meier Arietta stand alone headphone amp for desktop non-portable use.

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #810 of 917
Hi there!
First post in this great forum...
My mobile source is an iPod Classic (80GB) with all files in Apple Lossless and a UE triple.fi 10 Pro. After reading all the stuff in the forum about portable amps I got veeeeery interested in them and ordered a Headsix from Jan. And as everybody here says: the service exceeds expectations!!
And with the Headsix on my iPod my first reaction was: WOW!!! This is how it has to sound. This little amp is just great - and I am still burning in.
Then I got curios, because I needed something to drive my DT 880s (2005), too... So I ordered the Corda Arietta, which is also a very very good sounding stationary amp - for just a little more than the Headsix.
Just had to share that with you.
Without Head-Fi I maby would have never got the idea to by these amps
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back