The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Nov 9, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #361 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan.tw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too! I hope I could get the confirm mail from Jan today!
frown.gif

Hehe, same here! He shipped it out 2 weeks ago from tomorrow, so hopefully Ill have a shiny new toy to play with over the weekend
etysmile.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #362 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by DPRJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just REMOVE rubber chip from latch arm.
I think latch problem will dissolve by this method.

But when closing backpanel, and if you are using alkaline battery, you need take care as follows.

1. Just place backpanel.
2. Then turn the knob till it stops (around 45 degree position) WITHOUT pressing it.
3. And then, turn the knob while pushing backpanel.

If you are using MAHA battery, there is no need to take care when remove rubber chip. Just place and press and turn.

Oh WOW i just tried this and it worked. I didn't even notice the rubber piece because it was clear in color, but it seems to be a spacer designed to take up the slack for a smaller-sized battery.

Thanks DPRJ! I'm going to test it this way and see if I have any problems with the connections on the battery terminals and the jacks. You should have seen how hard I had to press to change the batteries before (almost like I was forcing it). Should be much easier now.

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #364 of 917
Hows this for a speedy delivery.

I ordered my Headsix on the 6th nov and received it this morning 9th nov, 3 days to get from Germany to England.

I must say what a beautiful looking amp this is, and the SQ with 20 mins burn in is awesome.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #367 of 917
My HeadSix volume knob went missing. I don't know where I lost it. It must have fallen off the amp unnoticed.

I contacted Jan asking for replacement, but he does not have replacement within next 4-5 weeks.

Make sure that the miniature screw is tight on your HeadSix.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #368 of 917
^
agreed. his customer service is excellent, email responses are fast, and he has always been pleasant to communicate with.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #370 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
agreed. his customer service is excellent, email responses are fast, and he has always been pleasant to communicate with.

Yeah, I was surprised how cordial & responsive he was. Will consider buying another amp from him in the future, now personally knowing the sound quality of the HeadSix.

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #371 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HeadSix volume knob went missing. I don't know where I lost it. It must have fallen off the amp unnoticed.

I contacted Jan asking for replacement, but he does not have replacement within next 4-5 weeks.

Make sure that the miniature screw is tight on your HeadSix.

Mine has been frequently falling off ever since I received it. I've been tightening it as well as I can using the tip of a knife as I don't have any screwdrivers that small but it still stays loose. I'm thinking of using some glue to attach it. Any objections? In terms of build quality, this is the only fault that I have found so far. The rest of the casing is extremely solid.

Nov 10, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #372 of 917
If that happened to my Headsix then it would go straight back to Jan for a replacement or refund.

The only annoying thing I can say about my Headsix is the backplate doesn't sit completely tight.

It makes a rattling sound when you move the Headsix or at least mine does.

I haven't used it out in the open yet but if I get any vibration from the backplate then its going back.

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #373 of 917
The sound continues to open up. The entire sound spectrum is cleaner and clearer.

I wonder if anyone will be able to compare it with Dr. Xin's amp or other high quality portable amp (at any price). I wonder if the head-six is the new portable reference!

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #374 of 917
I am so impressed with this amp. After 100+ hrs..it is sounding so sweet Someone said earlier that they couldn't tell the difference between the headsix and the move..I agree with that. I think it has all the sound quality of the move in a tiny package. Hats off to Jan for another great product.
So far I have had none of the problems with the latch or volume knob.

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #375 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aware /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has been frequently falling off ever since I received it. I've been tightening it as well as I can using the tip of a knife as I don't have any screwdrivers that small but it still stays loose. I'm thinking of using some glue to attach it. Any objections? In terms of build quality, this is the only fault that I have found so far. The rest of the casing is extremely solid.

You'd rather use the right tool to tighten the screw to prevent damage. If it does not work, you might want to send Jan an email to make sure that he order enough spare parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back