The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Nov 2, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #316 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not the only one who thinks it sounds better on high gain. Naysayers say it's all psychoacoustic, but when a vast majority of people think it sounds better, I don't think it's psychoacoustic at all. IMO, some circuits run better on lower and higher loads...in this case, I think the TH sounds better in High gain.

It's wierd cause the Hornet didn't have quite the same effect, it really was just a boost/decrease in volume with the various modes, but the TH actually sounds BETTER in high gain...

ALL my amps sound better to me in high gain -- It just seems to handle transient spikes in the music better that way. More headroom.

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #317 of 917
Quoting my favorite band / artist:

"The waiting drove me mad!" I sure hope my Headsix arrives today
cool.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #318 of 917
Recieved mine today. Sounds good to me right off the bat. Can't wait to hear it after burn in. Sooo much smaller than I even thought it would be. I like the volume dial much better than the move, plus more room for my angled earphone jack. First immpression very high!!

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #319 of 917
Hello all,

I just received my Headsix after a very long wait. I even missed taking it to our local Headfi mini meet here in Alberta Canada.

I"m thinking right off the bat that this amp might be better than the Xin Reference I just heard at the meet. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I will post lots of impression and pics in alittle while,

P.S. " I keep looking around thinking that someone is behind me with this great soundstage"

Enjoy Leoseller7

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #321 of 917
Jan still hasn't received my payment
frown.gif
I was one of the 1st people to pre-order AND order too
frown.gif
Looks like I won't have my Headsix for my huge update for my amp review
frown.gif

US Mail sucks. This reminds me MUCH of the time I applied at the Post Office. I passed my test, was in the top 5%, killed my interview, got my offer and was to return for class, which was also another final interview. I got the letter THE DAY AFTER I was supposed to show up. What, a job for the post office, the post office delivered my letter late. I called and they said I'm SOL and have to start all over, even though it was thier mistake. The process takes ~1 year
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #322 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jan still hasn't received my payment
frown.gif
I was one of the 1st people to pre-order AND order too
frown.gif
Looks like I won't have my Headsix for my huge update for my amp review
frown.gif

US Mail sucks. This reminds me MUCH of the time I applied at the Post Office. I passed my test, was in the top 5%, killed my interview, got my offer and was to return for class, which was also another final interview. I got the letter THE DAY AFTER I was supposed to show up. What, a job for the post office, the post office delivered my letter late. I called and they said I'm SOL and have to start all over, even though it was thier mistake. The process takes ~1 year
frown.gif

But they pay well!
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #323 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they pay well!
wink.gif

I know...which is why I applied. With prior military experiance factoring in, I was going to start at $18.00/hr, with unlimited OT, 1.5x pay on Saturdays, and 2x pay on Sundays. So you cans ee that would be a nice paycheck if I worked 7 12 hour days.

And what makes it bad, is the fact I actually got the job, but just had to show up for a class, the date was going to be delivered by mail...craptastic.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #325 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've been thoroughly enjoying the sound so far, even though I don't have a LOD yet and am using marshmallows until I get my livewires at christmas

I've been researching for a while and I finally took the plunge. My setup is similar to yours. Livewires, headsix, turbp diabolous, and ipod touch

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #326 of 917
Money sent by Paypal Oct 25. Email communication received from Jan the same day. The amp was shipped the next morning and I received it today Nov 02. Superfast and super good delivery.

The amp was packed very nicely. I got the silver one. The amp is really small. The latch/knob/screw to open the amp to change the battery is quite smart and easy to operate. The volume knob is probably the best feature - it serves as on/off switch and it does not run off quickly to avoid any SPL accidents.

I have put about 2 hours on the amp so the amp needs burn in.

Here are my brief initial impressions:
1. Bottom - quite good.
2. Mids - fine
3. Top - rolled off

Overall temprature - warm and dark.

Let's see how it opens up as it breaks over period of time.

Bang for the buck and support head-fi - big time
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers
Sunil.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #327 of 917
I'm having a hard time with the latch for the battery.

I need to push hard with 2 fingers to get it to fit with the enclosure, then use plyers to get the latch to turn, it's also scratching the back plate and I have a feeling at some point it'll damage it and I won't be able to open it again. Anyone else experiencing this? My battery seems to be normal sized so I don't know what else could be causing this..

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #328 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having a hard time with the latch for the battery.

I need to push hard with 2 fingers to get it to fit with the enclosure, then use plyers to get the latch to turn, it's also scratching the back plate and I have a feeling at some point it'll damage it and I won't be able to open it again. Anyone else experiencing this? My battery seems to be normal sized so I don't know what else could be causing this..

I have the same problem. I don't think the rear plate is getting scratched on mine, but the latch itself seems to rub against the latch hole (both on top and the bottom), which is causing the latch and the latch hole to gradually wear. I also have to press quite hard with two fingers of my left hand in order to be able to turn the latch with my right hand.

Nov 4, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #329 of 917
I use just a duracell battery. I have to give some pretty good pressure to turn the latch..but it feels normal as in the right amount of pressure to keep it tight. I had an energizer battery when I first got it sitting in the drawer, when I used that..it was much harder to turn the dial. Maybe try a different battery if yer not using rechargables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back